Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

!!!

Planet Zoo is looking really in depth management-wise. Deep systems for animal wellness, habitat, genetics and breeding. Customizable exhibits, pathing, modular built enrichment structures. It might be overwhelming if thatā€™s not quite your thing.

But it looks great!

I havenā€™t played since it was on the GBA. Might be something to try again.

2 Likes

Had a bit of a break from here.

Howā€™s this old ship doing? Everything still on fire? Or have we settled back in to our usual salt-sprayed selves?

I made a warning sign to place near the entrance:

:salt: = :no_entry_sign::snail::no_entry_sign:

We live by The Salt.

The Salt nurtures us. Preserves us.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I havenā€™t seen Grandblade about lately. Iā€™ve procured the Electric type Corgi PokĆ©mon I told him might be coming.

3 Likes

Hey guys I have a couple of questions that are not related to the lore but to the forum itself so I thought this would be the place for them.

1ĀŖ the forum seems less and less vibrant, I mean, i came here daily, but the topics are a bit of stale, there are not much topics going on, even when we had downtime this forum was more alive, so is ppl leaving wow for real? are most of us already gone? if so that is sad :frowning:

2Āŗ question: do any of you know a good forum for FFXIV lore? iā€™m playing it right now and since the latest trailer told us big spoilers I was hoping any of you knew a place where I could read more about it.

Eh youā€™d be surprised how quiet things get when the only real topics of discussion are Night Elves and Sylvanas. Even amongst diehards that gets stale eventually.

3 Likes

A lot of us moved over to the SF discord so the forums are a bit more empty that they should be too.

There is even a ff14 channel in it !

2 Likes

Discords are spooky places where you have to be social.

4 Likes

It might pick up as 8.2 is released, and more stuff is live as opposed to datamined stuff and PTR stuff.

Alot of people say they unsubbed. I see more newer faces and less old ones. I hear some people are still able to post after being unsubbed - so they must really have lost interest if they can still post while unsubbed and dont.

But also the topics are a bit well trodden.

Again, maybe as more story unfolds, we will have more to discuss.

1 Like

8.2 seems interesting though itā€™s a shame that while there are Tidesage Elementals(Volatile Tide Surgers specifically) there arenā€™t Elementals like Aquā€™sirr in Nazjatarā€¦ They should be all over the place!

We still donā€™t know what the Darker Depths Elemental(from Glyph of the Dark Depths) is though Iā€™m willing to assume itā€™s the Purple or Black Water Elemental(because the idea that they would give us Aquā€™sirr as a Mage Pet is ludicrous!).

1 Like

It waxes and wanes, in general. It picks up for the people that want spoilers when new stuff hits the PTR, then gets a second wind with the people who didnā€™t want spoilers when it goes live. In between, it winds down, as the same few topics go in circles. Plus, alot of the old guard are either gone completely, or just lurk.

Personally, itā€™s both a lull, and irl stuff. Sometimes I get up a head of steam, and make a flurry of posts. But Iā€™m also a bit busy. Iā€™m working full time, and Iā€™ve got more herbs than I know what to do with coming in right now. Iā€™m drying them on every available surface (it might be time to invest in a dehydrator), making cooking oils, making essential oils, making teas, anything. I might make a bunch of pesto over the weekend, and freeze it. :thinking:

3 Likes

I had some store bought pesto once, god that stuff is bitter. Never again.

Pesto, bitter ? What kind of pesto did you get ?

I dunno but I think it was green.

1 Like

Hmm weird, pesto is most commonly made of basilic, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and parmigiano nothing really bitter. Maybe some ingredients were of poor quality.
My family comes from the northern part of Italy so I eat pesto like once a week at least, but it may be hard to find good pesto in the US.

2 Likes

Australia but yeah I donā€™t know if I put too much on or if it was just a different kind of pesto but it was so hard to eat. It made me feel sick after a while.

1 Like

Yeah definetly weird, to give you an idea pesto tastes a bit like garlic bread.

1 Like

Depending on brand, store bought pesto ranges from meh to terrible. Itā€™s why I make my own. I also use it with foods that can stand up to it, like chicken or stuffed pastas.

My best friend from work is from Sicily. Her family makes theirs with sun-dried tomatoes, because I guess thatā€™s how they do it there.

2 Likes