Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Wait what? That doesn’t even make sense.

I’m sorry for whatever happened that just made you say what you just said.

2 Likes

Aweh dude, I don’t really know details, but to me it’s always been fun and games with you (I always thought you storming off in a huff was a running gag).

Sorry to hear about life stuff; know that it’ll pass tho. All the best.

1 Like

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=70,5465,0,0,1,0#.XPWmMXdFyM8

Apparently it seems he is planning on doing that and hadn’t reincarnated at the specific time this article was released. My mistake. Still there is apparently precedent for Reincarnation while alive(quoted directly from the article):

The Dalai Lama said there was a historical precedent for a lama being reincarnated while still alive, giving the example of one of his teachers who died last year. He did not say how the referendum would be conducted, but said that it should include all those in the Himalayan region, Mongolia and elsewhere who have traditionally followed Tibetan Buddhism.

1 Like

Appointing a reincarnation? This isn’t choosing the president. I clearly don’t understand Buddhism.

1 Like

I don’t really know Buddhism too well, but I don’t think we should be treating Buddhist reincarnation like it’s a fandom.

That’s what’s confusing me. Suppose reincarnation is a thing, you don’t get to choose it by popular vote. We’re not going to(or shouldn’t) see Tibet’s Next Top Lama as a hit tv show.

1 Like

Reincarnation was invented by Hindus which Buddhists sprung from… Neither show the actual Afterlife in any of their Myths but merely the worst place to reincarnate in AKA the Narakas.

The second worst Naraka to reincarnate in holds a lake of blood and a mountain of needles while the worst is similar to Antoran Wastes though obviously with no hope of mercy with immediate reincarnation back into the worst Naraka each time you die until you pay back all your Karma.

https://buddhism.stackexchange.com/questions/26/if-there-is-no-soul-how-can-there-be-rebirth

Reincarnation seems to be merely a perpetuation of Karma. No Soul detectable to be judged(according to Buddha who thus doesn’t think Souls exist) so reality(one way or another) just makes another of the person to perpetuate Karma and continues to do so until the Karma finally blows out becoming a Buddha!

Buddhism has no Soul just Karma.

1 Like

Okay, but like… where does Sailor Moon factor in?

4 Likes

An adaption of Sailor Moon where both Princess Serenity and Usagi both exist at the same time different in body yet once essentially sharing the same spirit would be interesting in my opinion.

1 Like

What does the real life religious concept of reincarnation and the Dalai Lama have to do with any of that? That’d be like me saying, “According to the Bible, Jesus was in the tomb for three days before his resurrection. With this in mind, how would you guys feel about a Fullmetal Alchemist movie?”

5 Likes
1 Like

I think he brought up Sailor Moon because that series seems to involve reincarnation. Also I think your comparison would work better if Jesus in the tomb for three days = new The Mummy movie starring Brenden Frasier

1 Like

There’s a new Mummy movie starring Brendan Fraser?!?!?!?

No, but there was one starring Tom Cruise a couple years ago

Damn you got my hopes up! That movie was so offensive in how completely blah it was.

Don’t tease me with this.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wow! This made me laugh out loud. Thank you for this brilliance

1 Like

I think that sounds super interesting! It’s a fun twist on things, and fallen heroes always make for cool villains. I’d love to see a fanfiction about that ^.^

Lately I’ve been watching a comedy space road trip anime called RobiHachi. Recently it had an episode about a planet that received retro anime broadcasts late, and their culture revolved around finding, watching, and preserving episodes of decades-old shows. It was absolutely hilarious, and really got me craving some stuff like Sailor Moon, Gundam 0079, and Getter Robo. Maybe I’ll pull the trigger on a Sailor Moon revisit – universe seems to be pointing me that way!

Also (and this is my second edit now, lol), Monster Hunter! Anyone else stoked to be seeing Nargacuga, Tigrex, and now freakin’ GLAVENUS again in Iceborne? I can’t wait!! They released some footage today of a turf war battle between Odogaron and Tigrex, and my sweet baby Tigrex chokeslammed the heck out of Odogaron. Two of the most ridiculously aggro monsters in the series going at it, ah… a dream come true~<3

1 Like