Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Most of the problem we have locally actually come from venomous snakes, rather than large carnivores. People think of rattlesnakes as a western thing, not realizing we have both eastern diamondback rattlesnakes, and timber rattlesnakes. Plus copperheads that camouflage so well, people step on them. And water moccasins that are aggressive anyways, and get even more so during the breeding season.

1 Like

We have the brown snake. In our grand tradition of underselling things itā€™s one of the most venomous snakes in the world.

Black bears are wimps unless they are cornered or are mothers. I remember many a mornings chasing them off my grandmotherā€™s porch with a broom in my PJā€™s. Grizzlies on the other handā€¦

And lets not forget stupid people trying to take selfies with large herbivores that weigh more than your car.

I know. Nature needs to chill out down there. Even the male platypuses (platypi?) have venomous spurs.

Iā€™m aware. Apparently, where I live is like a link in a chain of parks black bears (usually young males, pushed out of their parents territory) use to move between the Appalachians and the Ozarks. They have to be chased out of our orchard every now and then.

The platypus is a freak of nature. Way back in explorer times they didnā€™t even believe it wasnā€™t something stitched together from various animals as a hoax. They had to actually bring a live one back to prove it.

1 Like

I would have wanted to believe it, at the time. For a freak, itā€™s kinda adorable.

1 Like

Until it stabs you with its evil spur of painful toxin.

1 Like

I feel like thereā€™s a joke in there thatā€™ll earn me a forum vacationā€¦

Man even a tame joke would earn you a forum vacation these days. They sanitized this place so much Iā€™d half expect Mr Rogers to be a forum moderator.

Please donā€™t insult Mr. Rogers by associating him with those PC police.

2 Likes

Where I live, you might spot a fox or even a coyote. Black bears rarely come down into our area. I know I spotted an Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake once in a park years ago.

But we do have one extremely dangerous creature around these partsā€¦the Maryland motor vehicle driver.

1 Like

I encountered the Ohian subspecies when I briefly lived up there. Twice as rude, and almost as deadly.

1 Like

My semester finished last month and I did very well! I wasnā€™t planning to resub until next season at least (to get elite set again >.>) but I kinda wanted to post on again, so here I am!

Iā€™m happy that Lounge managed to survive :smile: despite that the forum participation seems to be dwindling

9 Likes

I like the tone of this much better than Dr. Wuā€™s shady DLC.

@Grandblade, I donā€™t know whether to love or hate you for introducing me to ā€œEmpress Theresaā€.

ā€¦Though I only have myself to blame for keeping up with the Adventures of Perfectia. >_>

1 Like

I highly doubt some you folks wonā€™t forgive me after couple of months and days ago. But I just want to move on and not let this sad hatred of me or my own hatred of the community continue on even further.

Besides Iā€™m not even going to be spending anymore on here due to Real Life Issues that is going on within my Life. So this is Good Bye. Again I highly Doubt Iā€™ll be forgiven but I just want to move on from the past mistakes have a made as well as personal grudges as well.

Just reading that name makes me cringe all the way to my soul. :confounded:

Iā€™ve never made it all the way to the end of their writings.

2 Likes

Yā€™know if youā€™re gonna make a ā€œI donā€™t expect you to forgive meā€ or an ā€œIā€™d like to move onā€ post, you should probably include an actual apology somewhere.

Check out the Down the Rabbit Hole on it while youā€™re at it. Thatā€™s how I learned about both that and Sonichu.

2 Likes

Considering how the Dalai Lama apparently just recently reincarnated while alive how would you guys like a Sailor Moon adaption where Princess Serenity and the Sailor Guardians werenā€™t killed by the Dark Kingdom yet still reincarnated while alive into Usagi and her friends?

Since their original pure souls would have reincarnated the Moon Princess and her Guardians would have alongside the Moon Kingdom sunk into depravity over time while the Dark Kingdom of Earth regains power and breaks out of itā€™s seal providing Usagi and her friends with two threats at once!

Does this sound like an interesting concept for a Sailor Moon Adaption?

1 Like