Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

A bit of a departure from the current talk, but…I feel like I’m living in tornado alley now.

My town has been hit twice by tornadoes in the past 8 days. I cannot remember ever a time in the past 40+ years that we have had tornadoes strike in that short of time. Heck, even twice in one year.

Both were about 10 min away from me, too. I don’t like this weather trend right now.

Mountains are best place to avoid tornados… Unfortunately I don’t have any advice to help in the case of there being no mountains nearby sorry. Maybe talking about this can distract from the weather at the moment:

Is it just me or does some of the areas remind oneself of Pre-Searing Ascalon from GW1 and Heart of Maguuma from GW2?

The Skeksis seem to be the same for some of them yet different for others… I’m quite certain the Skeksis with the helmet wasn’t there before!

2 Likes

For the record, my gear is not mog sans the weapons, which I mogging with a Mage tower skin.

Yeah, I’ve got a buddy that moved to another state and he had six tornadoes near him over the span of about two hours.

He used to live in Kansas so he wasn’t overly concerned. Though he’s having second thoughts about living in an apartment building directly across from a massive glass skyscraper.

According to the old folks in the area where I live, a series of bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River keep tornadoes from forming. I’m not entirely sure of the scientific veracity of how that’d work, but to their credit tornadoes do seem to hit everywhere around where I live, except the general area of where I live. I’ve seen funnel clouds form, but they dissipate, or touch down well after they leave the area.

Never heard of a tornado happening in my country during my life, I didn’t think that was so common in the US.

Alot of it depends on what state you live in. They’re fairly common in the central and southern states, where the heat and humidity help destabilize the atmosphere, and make conditions more conducive to tornadoes. But they occassionally happen in the more northerly states.

Edit: Oh yeah, the West Coast is a thing, isn’t it. Off the top of my head, I don’t recall a tornado happening west of the Rocky Mountains. But they might get a few.

3 Likes

I live in Central Maryland and we do get our share of tornadoes. Not sure how we rank this decade, but between 1950 and 2010, Maryland was 3rd in the US for most tornadoes in a 10k square mile area. That’s behind only Florida (1st) and Kansas (2nd).

Even then, this has been unusual. As I said, I don’t remember tornadoes spawning around here like this.

Because we’re between the Appalachian Mountains and the Chesapeake Bay, some weird things can happen around here when it comes to weather.

I don’t think there’s ever tornadoes where I am. Just lots of rain in Autumn and Winter.

Shot in the dark, but that sounds like the Pacific Northwest.

I’m not sure what I think of this :thinking:

Kinda reminds me of Bright, but… Disnefied.

Why do I feel like I have already seen all the characters somewhere else ?

Disneyism (not Pixarism, I’m half asleep). Everyone kinda reminds me of the trolls from Frozen.

Also, they seem to have given the characters faces pretty similar to their VA. i can practically see Chris Pratt and Julia Louis-Dreyfus making the expressions through the screen. Maybe motion capture?

1 Like

I admit, the trash unicorns may have sold me.

I’m an urban fantasy fan, so I am intrigued by the movie.

2 Likes

I really want something like this.

4 Likes

Blizzard concept artist Oscar Vega mixed characters from Smash Bros Ultimate with modern fashion

4 Likes

So nice ! I love Pit, Zelda and the ice climbers !

1 Like

Void Elf + Trolls…huh

Looks like fantasy zootopia, but more suburban

Only off by a whole country :stuck_out_tongue:

Very random, and pretty petty, but I just watched Talisen’s video on Class skins and everything about him is nails on a chalkboard to me. Somehow I made it through the entire video - I don’t often watch their videos - but gah, I was so irritated/annoyed/repulsed by him.

The actual content was cool.