Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

the 2 faction system is mkultra mind control and should be studied for its effects on the psyche. a whole generation of gamers minds and interactions with other humans warped by whether they picked red or blue when first entering the game.

3 Likes

I 100% don’t get the hate on loot boxes. It’s still a free means to acquire the cosmetics of the game and they aren’t locking actual content behind them so why is it a problem?

I feel like there’s something to be said here about U.S. politics, and other two-party (by accident, or by design) systems, that’s a bit too heavy for the Lounge.

3 Likes

How angry are the Night Elf die hards going to be seeing Horde (forsaken) characters riding the Wandering Ancient if it wins LOL

1 Like

You’ll need to explain. I assume some kind of mount contest?

1 Like

I feel like most of the other choices are more interesting tbh. Especially the caterpillar.

2 Likes

The ancient is quite honestly the best option Imo.

Nerubian is cool and iconic to the Scourge, however would be a reskin of the Nazmir Blood Tick.

The book is cool, but honestly, why hasn’t this been an Inscription mount?

Slime Cat? Why. Just why.

Caterpillar? Not even remotely interesting imo.

The Ancients have been in WoW since Warcraft 3 and are pretty iconic to the Night Elf society. It has the opportunity to have a unique skeleton if designed like the ones in WoW.

I think the 4 that lose will end up being shop mounts or subscription mounts.

1 Like

Eh I’d prefer that to be an Alliance mount if they were really going to put it in. Especially after Teldrassil.

and this brings me back to my original question.

It is fairly close for me.

The Cat and Ancient sounded cool to me. And I like any mount that makes more sense to summon.

Nerubian and Caterpillar seemed ok, but I’d feel a bit more sticking out on those.

Already have normal stuff, don’t see the appeal of the book.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be mad, it’s just a mount. But I do think it wouldn’t make much sense to have it on the Horde side. Maybe if they had some sort of ridiculous Goblin mecha lookalike that completely misses the point of a nature ancient I’d be fine with it because that’d be very in character for them.

I just feel like if done well the caterpillar would be neat. A low to the ground mount that has a short animation cycle of a whole bunch of moving legs in sequence.

1 Like

While I RP with my particular choice of mounts on a character, I don’t take mounts in general as “canon”. Immersion’s already broken by DKs being able to use the red drake mount, or any neutral to good creature carrying a Horde player. So eh.

Presumably to capitalize on the popularity of the datamined slime cat pet, that throngs of people find cute, for some reason.

Because it is cute?

4 Likes

The book’s the only one I’m interested in but meh. Seeing the ancient so far in the lead feels like a bummer.

I love the concept of the book. That has my vote.

The Nerubian would be awesome. I wouldn’t mind it. But the book would be better. The idea that we might have more Nerubians on our side is neat.

The Tree… well, at least it says the tree doesn’t care about war or lore. Which comically relates to the Night Elf Ancients of War and Ancients of Lore… but also explains its use by both Factions. It looks like it is gonna be the winner. Seems people can’t get that image of Treebeard being a mount for the Hobbits out of their head. I guess it’s fine.

I can’t imagine the ancient looking good as a mount without it ending up like the infernal mounts did and being changed a fair bit from the base model we’re used to.

Considering the lead it has, I guess we’ll see what they end up doing with it.

I don’t care as long as its not another horse.

2 Likes

If it’s an ancient from Ardenweald, I don’t think Teldrassil would be a factor, since these wouldn’t be Azeroth’s Ancients.

If it’s supposed to be Ancients from the mortal realm, then I guess they could always pass off a Horde ancient as being one the Mag’har brought from Draenor, since Draenor had their own ancients too.

1 Like

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn has an excessively mundane ending before its Heavensward expansion.