Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

We missed you hun. I’m glad you’re doing okay. hugs

2 Likes

Sorry to Evelysaa, specifically, for sending you that horrible message.

1 Like

I missed you so much, Micâh. Sorry, I unfriended you. You can readdd me. It’s Druid#1951.

3 Likes

No need to apologize hun. I’m just happy your safe Hugs

3 Likes

You don’t have to apologize for that. I’m hoping you sending that to me prevented an unfortunate happening. If not, it atleast created an interesting situation.

1 Like

While it is exciting, many of us fear Blizzard will call it quits early and paint them with the same brush as human paladins, or even say they way humans worship the light is the “correct” way to paladin.

Also their spells need to be silver-colored. No if ands or buts.

Also was that you who jumped into the Discord, Ren? Or an imposter/bot?

2 Likes

That was me.

I don’t know how to Discord :confused:

1 Like

You can ‘ping’ people in chat channels with a ‘@’ and spelling out their name. The name on the right of the window is their discord ID, which is sometimes different from their server nickname. The format of certain actions are different depending on if you are using a phone or PC

I can walk you through some of it, i got away from my work-children for a while.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand discord culture.
Technical stuff I understand. It’s the culture of memes and and the fact that only one of the 20 channels actually is about WoW.

People rarely even talk about WoW in the story forum discord. From what I’ve experienced.

Plus I have no idea where to even start. It’s like walking late into a party and everyone’s already in groups talking.

2 Likes

So I haven’t independently confirmed reports but I’ve heard with the new social contract thingy people have gotten banned for being rude while in character. I dont doubt the reports though. As that does sound like the result of a heavy handed, poorly thought out system.

Now obviously people try to get away with reprehensible stuff by saying it’s RP. I’m a pretty open minded guy but I would be A Okay with raining sulfur and fire down upon Goldshire. However there’s that and then there’s RPing a villain, or just a rude character. And I worry the system will not differentiate between that and genuine, candid abuse.

Time will tell but this company does have a bad habit of fixing problems with new, different problems.

1 Like

I would be surprised if the social contract changed anything, to be honest. It is basically a restatement of the rules already in place. Maybe people are more report happy now?

I don’t know what exactly those people may have said while in character, but swearing in public channels while in-game has always been against the rules. Yes, the mature language filter exists, but that is not considered an excuse.

3 Likes

I know there are rather distasteful things that can go on in RP, but I would imagine RP would have to comply with the same rules as other servers. Perhaps more stringent ones, since RP servers have rules about names and such.

Blizzard has recently said their universe doesn’t have common prejudices based on gender or sexual orientation. So rudeness in that vein would not fit the setting. And could be seen as just general rudeness.

Racial enmity would be a difficult dance. Other races aside, the in game Humans don’t seem to have skin color biases or what ever one calls it. If an Alliance Guild wanted to RP as only white/Caucasian Human Characters, because their fantasy does not include Humans of other skin colors, and they advertise that on Blizzard sites or in trade - that could be seen as counter to the setting, and just plain rude.

1 Like

That would be false, since Moira’s backstory is a large part of that.

1 Like

The situation in question was somebody calling someone else a freak in character, as an insult.

Which seems pretty tame. Personally I’m not too worried. I’m nothing if not creative with my insults. But we’ll see.

I really hope someone didn’t get banned for that, that’s incredibly minor. Is this something that was mentioned publicly or privately? I’m interested in reading more about this situation.

1 Like

Has the reporting system ever been able to distinguish between IC and OOC?

2 Likes

Certainly the first time I’m hearing it come up as an issue.

1 Like

No, but in the past you’d have to do something extreme to get in trouble for something done during RP.

2 Likes

This is what I was reading from.

3 Likes

It’s pretty frustrating as for the past 16 years the RP community has had to sort itself out, whether we want to or not.

Seriously WTF is with my country. Seems like any authority can only respond with nothing or an absurd overreaction. Just one middle ground would be nice.

1 Like