Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Funny how the Fiery Onslaught attack by that Eredar in Deadwind Pass in the cave that serves as part of the Master’s Cellar resembles Orange Arcane Energies!

I’m also certain the Spell uses the same Model as the Orange Arcane Orb! We really need Orange Arcane for Arcane Mages just as how we have Green Fire for Warlocks. While we are at it the Fire Mages need the Arcane infused Fire we see in the Hall of the Guardian (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Hall_of_the_Guardian#/media/File:Hall_of_the_Guardian.jpg)!

1 Like

Snap crackles, I got into the Reforged beta! Call a proctor, 'cuz it’s test time, baby!

Also, Happy Halloween! Or Hallow’s End. Or All Saints’ Wake! Whatever gives you spooky, magical joy~ :jack_o_lantern::heart::jack_o_lantern:

Edit: Oh my gosh, it’s really good! Looks really pretty, and even runs rather well for me. Some sound issues, but nothing major. Everything looks amazing! The Pit Lord in particular, so vicious! And ALL the trolls look amazing. And the buildings, especially. The Spirit Lodge’s particle effects when working? Mwah. Perfection.

The only minor nitpick I have is the unit/upgrade/ability icons being updated. Years of Warcraft 3 and especially years of WoW have conditioned me to recognize the old buttons! But the new icons still look great. Also, my opponents keep disconnecting, but that’s actually a positive because it gives me a chance to zoom in on units and gawk at all the creep camps :3

3 Likes

2 Likes

Happy Halloween!

1 Like

Well, next time I pop in here, the forums will be abuzz with new news! I can’t wait. Be it impassioned exaltation or righteous fury, nothing’s more fun than the Story Forums at Blizzcon! Hope you all have a wonderful Friday, and get all your wishes granted for the next expansion : )

5 Likes

Same. Blizzcon will roll around at 4/5am here so I won’t see the first 2-3 hours live.

I planned on waking up early so I could make sure I got my virtual ticket and get a megathresd going so everyone else could make the single topic threads, but apparently my body took that as “Oh, you want to sleep for five hours and be up 8 hours too early? Sure!”

1 Like

Went and saw Terminator: Dark Fate. Blizzard aren’t the only ones who can do predictable writing as it turns out. It was beat for beat a repeat of every other James Cameron Terminator and I saw everything coming a mile away.

Poor innocent past me wasn’t even kind of ready for how good today was. I honestly haven’t felt this happy in a long time, and I’m really really thankful for it. Other expansions and their announcements have been exciting, for sure, but Shadowlands has got so much that seems aimed directly at me. Angels, vampires, necromancers, and fairies! It’s like they reached into my soul and granted its wishes!

It’s been very fun on the Story Forums today, too. I’ve run out of likes twice! I tried switching to an alt to keep handing out the love, but it felt a little yucky, so I don’t think I’ll keep doing that. Thread progress isn’t stored between characters, so I’d lose my place, and it also doesn’t show hearts that I gave as Hanashi, so I might accidentally two-heart someone and look foolish.

But all that’s just a testament to how much love I’ve been feeling today! Love of this community, love of the game, love of fantasy and wish fulfillment and pop culture. Things can seem scary from time to time in the real world, but I have whole other worlds to explore, safely wrapped in a blanket and nursing a warm drink. And loads of friendly people to enjoy it with : )

Hope y’all have a great Saturday, and great second day of Blizzcon. Let’s see what this unpruning is all about, eh? :herb:

7 Likes

Seen Revendreth in Everquest… Seen Ardenweald in Rift… Seen Bastion in Darksiders 2… Seen Maldraxxus in Eastern Plaguelands and Scourgeholme…

Yeah! All those things are totally awesome, and blending together into a cool new setting for us to explore. Revendreth also gave me Cainhurst vibes, which is always super appreciated. Gonna be great to have another gothic spooky zone!

Can’t wait to see all the fan content to come out of this, too. The four Covenants are very flavorful, and sure to inspire great art, RP, theorizing, and debates. I live for that kinda stuff!

I think they confirmed (in an interview) that Allied Races are NOT getting added customization, which contradicts what they said on the main stage and their official material:

https://blizzard.gamespress.com/Prepare-to-Cross-Into-the-Realm-of-the-Dead-in-World-of-Warcraft-Shado

Improved Character Customization Options: A host of new appearance options for all races will be made available to players when they create new World of Warcraft characters (or alter existing ones at the in-game barber shop).

NEW CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

We’re adding even more options for you to be able to express yourself in game through your character. Each race will have their own unique options available to them whether it’s their tattoos, hairstyles, skin color, or even eye color. The undead will also be able to choose whether they show bones or not. There are a wide range of improvements coming for Shadowlands, and this is just the start of providing more options to your character creation.

Checking the World of Warcraft: What’s Next video, at the 43:00 mark, Ion says “customizations available to the original World of Warcraft races.”

why the hell is there a limit on likes?? im over here trying to like some stuff and it tells me wait 5 hours whaaat

3 Likes

I, too, have hit max likes again. I was really surprised I didn’t max out yesterday or Friday.

2 Likes

More info on customization: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8832-BlizzCon-2019-Developer-Interview

Customization

• The team sat down to talk about what would be cool for Shadowlands and the theme of player agency came up as the cool idea.
  • Covenants, loot chest, and new leveling system were all features for that idea. This time they took the art team time that would have gone towards a new race or class and spent it on character customization.
  • There will be a tremendous breadth of choices available for most, if not all, of the other races.
  • The team could have added more skin colors long ago, but representing more of humanity for Humans took subtle face changes and time from the art team to do right.
  • All races will get some cosmetic features, not just Humans.
  • The team started by asking what additional options they would like to see in the existing races. Lots of discussion internally about customization options that people wanted.
  • Allied Races had a story, “Why is this group joining us?”
  • Dark Iron dwarves look different, but there are other Dwarves that we haven’t seen much of yet, and we should have because they are all Dwarves.

Again, they’re saying All Races. Also interested in what tremendous breadth of choice will mean.

3 Likes

The Shadowlands expansion looks like it will ignore the faction conflict and feature worldbuilding (one of Blizzard’s strengths). Combined with some long requested features (like more player customization), I am cautiously optimistic. I’ll keep an eye on things as they develope.

1 Like

Bummer.

With these new customizations, will we see improvements to customizations for Allied Races as well? What about Death Knight customizations?
So, with new character customization, we are focusing mainly in the original races, not allied races. we are able to apply new customizations to them, like separate the eyes from the rest of the models, with the help of the Technical team, so you have more options to choose from. We are not touching Allied Races at this time, we are focusing on the main races. There are no plans to expanding custom DK customization at this point.

Another interview says that Allied Races are getting customization so adding this interview it seems the Allied Race Customization is coming later in development due to priorities.

1 Like

The very least they could do is allow you to use the dead skin textures on more than 3 faces per race.

1 Like

I’m sorry but the Devs appear BEYOND messy and sloppy. One dev is saying one thing in an interview and another is saying the complete opposite in a different interview 10 minutes later.

They couldn’t even answer basic questions about CORE FLAGSHIP systems of Shadowlands.

They are totally rushing this expac out. All the promised content that they gutted from Warcraft III Warforged due to time constraints only prove that Blizzard isn’t willing to improve the quality of a game by spending the necessary time on it. It’s really sad to see.

1 Like