Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Yeah there is a lot of kind of pesto but the most famous one is from Genoa so that’s why generally pesto is used to say pesto alla genovese. Tomato pesto is more often called pesto rosso (red) then.

1 Like

Yeah, I knew that there were several different kinds, and that pesto just comes from a word that means “to crush” (and also shares that root word with pestle, which was traditionally used to make it). The French also have a version, pistou, made without nuts. The pesto being red just shocked my American sensibilities, until I learned better.

1 Like

I am half french half italian so you bet I love all kinds of pesto !

The 3 best ways to use it are with pastas (either trofie or penne rigate), as the base for a pizza or as the sauce with pork filet inside a crust.

1 Like

I don’t usually eat pork (except bacon and pepperoni, which I lack the willpower to give up, indigestion be damned), but I do cook chicken with pesto. This time, I’m going to try it with some tortelloni, to see if I like how the cheese balances it out.

2 Likes

Well, chicken goes well with everything so it works aswell and I suppose pesto could work well with tortelloni too depending of what’s inside !

1 Like

Ricotta, parmesan, and romano. We’re in the midst of summer heat here, so I didn’t want to make heavier tortelloni with meat. Or too heavy for a white wine, since that’s all I have, at the moment.

2 Likes

And now for a moment if silence for the New England area being denied a championship. There are 3 month olds who have never experienced a championship win.

Hah, screw that. Thank you St. Louis for saving us from yet another pretentious NE team, and congratulations on your first Stanley Cup.

5 Likes

Wrapped up Heavensward and now in Stormblood content! I feel the lead-in to Stormblood wasn’t as great as ARR -> Heavensward, but was still enjoyable nonetheless. As for Heavensward itself. A bit slow in the beginning but really picks up/snatches player investment only to test it again and again as the xpac story progresses; love it.

2 Likes

Looking at the Darksiders Genesis gameplay video it seems obvious that Horseman Strife’s er… Strife Energies(for lack of a better name) resemble that of the stereotypical Magical Girl Main Character we see in many Anime like Nanoha, Madoka, the various main Pretty Cures, etc…

By that I mean the Strife Energies are Pink:

Honestly speaking: a Magical Girl Anime can pass the Element of Strife off as Pink and get away with it thanks to Darksiders Genesis already doing it!

The Anime can even get away with a Villain Group going all Megamind(I’m referring to the Megamind from the movie Megamind) and attempt to create their own Magical Girl Group and give the Main Magical Girl the Strife Element without her even realizing she’s using a Dark Element!

1 Like

I’m getting less and less excited, the more I hear about what’s being cut from Sword and Shield. No National Dex (ever again). No Megas (bummed about that one). No Z moves (they’re meh for me, but some people liked them). I already skipped Let’s Go. If I keep losing hype, I might skip Sword and Shield, too. Twenty one years of playing, brought to an end, just like my decade or so of WoW.

It does have me wondering: Am I just getting old, and crochety, and impossible to please? Or are games generally getting worse?

well I’m not part of the disc, :frowning:

I have to chuckle at the old and crochety comment. I’m 47 now. For most of this century, I’ve been pretty poor. That means I couldn’t really afford to buy computer games whenever I wished.

WoW and later SW:ToR were pretty much it for me. It’s not until the last couple of years when I finally got onto a more solid financial footing.

I look at today’s games and ask myself ‘What’s the appeal?’. I’ m not into Xbox or PS3 or whatever version it’s at now. The vast majority of games out there I couldn’t care less about. I have to face facts. I am not the demographic game companies are marketing to, though I’ve seen a game or two that might interest me.

Not a big deal, but it would be nice to see a game appear that captures my interest. Baldur’s Gate 3 looks like it might be that game.

I think you’re getting a little crotchety. Some of them are genuinely terrible but it’s not like that’s exclusive to this generation of games. There’s been some really great ones that I’ve enjoyed quite a bit. I think you just need to give them more of a chance and try not to take the “back in my day” nostalgia blinded mindset.

2 Likes

You can join any time, there is an invite in the OP

Well, I did say getting old. Not that I was there yet, lol. I turned 29 a month ago.

I’m in much the same boat. My mom’s family bought me a GBC, and Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver as they came out. They’re affluent, but my mom fell out with them eventually. After that, I started wheeling and dealing, buying used games with lunch money, new consoles on layaway, etc.

I think it’s why I am the way that I am. I splurge and spoil myself now, because I can. But, I expect satisfaction and enjoyment for my money.

A bit of an addendum then. Are AAA games genuinely getting worse. I have enjoyed a few games lately, and am looking forward to a couple more. But they’re nearly all indie games.

I also just don’t like this new thing of taking things away from me. Teldrassil. My first ever Xerneas, my shiny Xerneas, and my Mega Venusaur I’ve been transferring for the past six years.

I mean that’s pretty subjective. Call of Duty is a AAA title but you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who admits they’re anything but multiplayer cash ins these days. But then you get things like Watch Dogs or anything by Rockstar really, Resident Evil games, Kingdom Hearts. They all have flaws but overall they’re good games.

Having said that, I do find myself not buying games at full price unless I really think they’re going to be worth it these days. Like I’m waiting out Resident Evil 2 because it’s a remake and I’m patient.

2 Likes

The no national dex thing didn’t bother me at first, but now that it’s a “there will never be a national dex again” situation it bothers me a lot more.

It’s not necessarily a deal breaker for me on buying the games at all, but it definitely pushed the game back from a day one purchase to a “wait and see if they add more Pokemon via patches/dlc or if the superultra version of the games that come out later have more Pokemon added”.

1 Like

That’s the kicker.

This bit of data and pixels has been with me longer than all of my boyfriends, except one, and all of my girlfriends, again, except one. Many, many different adventures (before sending him back to Kalos, as it’s objectively the best region). And now, he might not be able to come with me.

3 Likes

I like Xerneas, he is basically the god of my country too !

Thankfully a lot of my favorite pokemons are returning and I want to start fresh and leave all my 3DS team behind. However I totally get the frustration, I even started to play pokemon go a bit after they announced pokémon home because I was bored and thought I could transfer some pokémons but I fear my favorites (mainly the starters) are going to be stuck in the App forever.

I just hit TRUST LEVEL 3!!!

8 Likes