Stormwind, the worst economy of all?

That’s hardly an excuse for Stormwind though.

Take the Orcs for instance. They were a small, scattered fleet of survivors who were almost wiped out by Murlocs; then entered into a brutal, territorial war of genocide against tough Quilboars, devious harpies and domineering centaurs with heavy home-field advantages on Kalimdor; fought and won numerous battles against the Night Elves despite lacking darkvision and being in foreign, difficult terrain; went in a desperate, all-in effort at Mount Hyjal; lead the Horde in the war against the Scourge, Twilight Hammer, endured a civil war… and yet despite those hurdles, they’re hardly even close to Stormwind’s civil issues! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

the french revolution wasn’t a genocide

3 Likes

It’s the earliest incident I have ever read the word holocaust to describe it, and that was by people living at the time. There was enough executions done that blood flooded the streets. People were being killed wholesale. It was a genocide and one of the worst incidents in history.

This is historical revisionism. The suffering endured by the french people for centuries under the boot of the ancien regime was far worse than anything that occurred during even the reign of terror.

4 Likes

Now who’s talking revisionism. It was extremely bloody, Catholics, Nobles, people who angered the wrong person, or even their neighbor all lost their heads. Children had to be smuggled to England to keep from being killed. It was so bad that they even killed Robespierre. Don’t sell it short, it was just as bloody and just as horrific as I described. There are a very few incidents that mach it.

You are, monarchist.

I never said it wasn’t bloody. I said it wasn’t genocide, because it wasn’t.

Bruh… This is how I know you lack all credibility.

3 Likes

I’m actually a classical liberal and more of a federalist to be honest.

They went after a people because of their religion and because of societal level and they did it in large scale, that is genocide.

Well, there was every communist revolution that has come. Mao 35 million, Lennon 20 million, how many did Pol Pot kill when he marched into Cambodia? Should I go on?

That makes your apologetics for monarchism even funnier.

Lmao.

2 Likes

I didn’t know John Lennon killed that many people. I guess I should stop listening to the Beatles.

7 Likes

Not really.

Read history. It’s pretty clear that you don’t know what you are talking about and are just going with your own biases.

Also the Kulaks did nothing wrong.

He only killed Paul McCartney. I was talking about a Russian guy name Lennin but spellcheck got me.

Except losing the Civil War.

1 Like

Did that mean that they deserved what they got?

Depends, if there is any truth to them hoarding grain and letting people in the cities starve just to get back at the communists.

2 Likes

It’s best not to search the word kulak without safe search on.

It’s not true.

1 Like

I dont doubt that the commies were bad, but I also dont doubt that atrocities were committed in the fights against them.

If you want worse, look into the Ukrainian Famine, just do not look up images of it.

1 Like

Yes yes, we’ve all heard the stories. Just as easily you could look into the Bengal famine of 1943, where a certain Empire that “the sun never sets on” fueled its war effort by denying its colony its own food it grew, so it could be shipped to feed their own soldiers and denied to the Japanese who were invading.

Were they digging up the corpses of the dead to eat as well? Was there armed guards at the graineries? Was it a death sentence to eat seeds in the fields? Was there propaganda posters blaming the church for the government’s acts?

Probably, the death toll was pretty high, in the several millions. I dont know about the other ones, but it seems pretty irrelevant, since the British Government still caused the Famine.