<The King's Men> | Stormwind Military Heavy RP | Bloodsail Buccaneers

LINK TO DISCORD: discord.gg/TFyaUc2

So you want to join the Stormwind Military? Physical and mental toughness are just the basic requirements. This is about commitment. To yourself. To those around you. To make a difference, and help those in need.

The Stormwind Military offers freedom you won’t find elsewhere. Everyone has their reason for joining- the training, the gold. But it’s the sense of purpose and the pride of serving your community and King, that will make you want to stay.

I’m looking for those interested in helping give a good name to Guard RP. With 10 years experience, I’ve seen what doesn’t work. Want to make events? You will be welcome, where all can host events, since all are equal.

Guild structure.

The mission is simple. A guild focused on Stormwind Guard/Military RP. This includes police-type activities within Stormwind. But it also definitely includes RP outside the city.

There will be an initial “Recruit” rank. A brief trial period.

After becoming a Private, everyone will have the ability to create events (including actually posting them on the calendar- if that feature exists in classic…). It will be completely optional for each and every member if they wish to attend any events. This can be anything from a simple patrol around the city to part of a grand campaign against some sort of enemy.

Event hosts will be considered “officers” within the space of their event.

Those who at least regularly attempt to host events, will be promoted to Corporal.

Those who prove themselves capable event hosts, will be promoted to Sergeant.

Those who satisfy the requirements of Sergeant, and also attempt to help with Officer-ish things such as recruitment and drama, will be promoted to Lieutenant.

There will be no actual Officers, though. Again, unnecessary drama, and I find it complicates things more than helps them. I feel confident in my ability to handle “Officer”-related tasks myself. If you are the type that desires to lead, then simply go ahead and do so, in a way that inspires people to follow. But there will be no official rank.

I am confident that this non-standard, free-for-all platform will be successful. There’s no need to be overly restrictive in who can do what.

I expect the guild to function largely on the maturity of its members. We will treat each other with respect and kindness. We will seek to learn from each other.

So, about myself.

Some may consider me a veteran. I’ve definitely been doing this (off and on) a long time. Since I was about 14. Which was a good 10 years ago now. I was a part of the old [The Stormwind Guard] on Moon Guard, with Adroby as the lead. Not that that matters too much, since I’m by no means copying how they did things.

In fact, I’ve learned a great deal over the years about specifically what NOT to do. I don’t know what it is really that captivated me about Guard RP, but I became obsessed with figuring out how to do it properly. In a way that would avoid drama.

I listened to the complaints. I took criticism seriously. I still do.

It remains my mission to foster a Stormwind guild that does things right. One that works with the community, not against it. One that’s there to help provide fun, not act like actual RP police.

So I suppose that about sums it up. Comments will be welcome, and I look forward to meeting you all!

If anyone feels like discussing the guild, my goals/plans or really anything at all, I’d totally be up for that! Even if you wouldn’t potentially be interested in joining.

Please feel free to join my Discord channel discord.gg/TFyaUc2 and/or add me directly on Discord: Varlun#7634

2 Likes

Looks great!

I love the idea of a Guard guild with events being organized by anyone, rather than only being imposed by ranking members. Sounds like it’ll foster a good sense of community. Looking forward to seeing you guys in action!

Look forward to dealin’ with the King’s men. And who knows, might even find one or two with a few extra mouths to feed that won’t mind goin’ on the take…

Long live the King!

I have never RP’d, however, I have been playing WoW since 2006. I look forward to learning RP and playing with everyone. I will honestly immerse myself in the RP but please be patient with me as it is my first time lol.
A little about me…I am a 43 yr old male living in upstate NY with my wife. We have 5 kids. I have worked in the security field for about 10 yrs and the last 6 yrs I have been a supervisor and account manager. Not sure how that can or will apply to this but I am willing to learn. I am excited and hope to see you all very soon! Thanks!

Nice to have someone respectable keeping the streets safe. Just, uh… let the Blackbird Ring handle the shadows, yeah? :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck see you in game

Arg, maties, ahoy!

I sincerely hope you’ll be the one and only guard guild we’ll need instead of the millions of bad ones that have plagued other realms since the beginning. My Scarlet promise to be on the right side of the law… really!

This server is going to have a great community.

Oh shi… It’s the fuzz! Dump the stuff!

Shame you guys wont be on the RPPVP server… would be neat to see ya

Bloodsail Buccs is going to be a great place to play Classic.

gang gang s*** right here

Cant wait for this to get started guys!

Is this affiliated with any of the old Varsinax guilds, by chance?

No it’s not, sorry!

Bumps for Bloodsail Buccaneers community

If you guys don’t roleplay by only saying:

• “Hey there.”
  • “Greetings.”
  • “Light be with you.”
  • “What can I do for you?”
  • “Well met.”
  • “Need help?”
  • “King’s honor, friend.”
  • “You need somethin’?”
  • “Farewell.”