Stopspelltarget question

So i have a Macro here, that i got from someone that uses it for her Priests. She said someone told her about it because she has a hard time with that Angelic Feather Talent. It goes like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [@player] Angelic Feather
/stopspelltarget

What this does, is cast Angelic Feather right at the location the Player is, thus making the Player Character use it right away. I use that macro on my Death Knight for Death and Decay so i can push the button and it behaves like Consecration on my Paladin.
You can also use it like as Shaman to cast Totems at the Players Location, basically any spell works.

As i said i do not really understand as to how that macro works, i would like to use that macro for Offensive Spells as well, like as example Blizzard on my Mage(so it casts Blizzard on my targets location). But if you exchange @player with @target it just won’t work.

Is there a way to make this work in the use i intent to, or is that part protected?

Reticle spells can only be auto-cast @player (your feet) or @cursor (where your mouse is) they cannot be automatically cast centered on any other locations.

Yeah, i thought there is some limitation, but i didn’t find any information on it. A Google search brought up your “Useful Macro Templates” Forum Post … but when i searched inside for some reason it didn’t put me to that spot.

Is there any way, to cast Reticle Spells at a unit other then the player?

No.

Also, stopspelltarget is something that was required for the angelic feather macro because it has multiple charges (and is no longer required). It is not part of standard reticle macros.