Stopping at level 49

Congrats bro! I am super happy that you are taking the “easy way out”

Nah… not really. You are part of the reason why Alliance have low numbers on your server. Guess what? The Alliance will be even more outnumbered now that you quit.

I just hit level 54 last night and I understand how you feel with dying all the time. In almost every zone I quest in I die from 60 alliance death squads multiple times in one evening. Hell just to get to BRD portal a few days ago took me a good 6 death runs because Alliance was camping it.

Do I complain about it? Nope… It’s part of the experience and I like the fear of knowing I can die at any moment. I joined a PvP server because I love PvP no matter the outcome. When I die in a zone I tell general chat the cordinates of where I died at and tell the levels and classes that killed me so other Horde can get honor if they wish and help out our side. If someone in general chat is being camped… I will go out of my way to help them because I am a team player that will do anything for the Horde. I don’t care if they out level me… I have in the past got many guys together in a zone just to take a few annoying 60’s out.

I feel like a lot of people just don’t have my mindset and you just give up to easy.

If a pvp server isn’t for you… it isn’t for you. Complaining isnt going to do anything man. Either recruit someone to help you or move to a different zone or dungeon to continute to level. Think outside the box in order to be sucessful.

I enjoy the challenge but I am very competitive in real life so meh.

You do you boo boo.

Edit- Just saw that you are on a pve server. Bro you have no reason to complain at all if you are on a pve server. You don’t know how bad a lot of players have it trying to level from level 48-60 while getting ganked everywhere you go on a PvP server. Epic Face Palm

I’m on a pve server. Azuresong. I am not quiting either, Im just going to play BGs once in a while and mainly play retail.

I’m not leveling anymore because of the grind. I’m 33 years old in just over 3 months and riddled with health problems related to a amputation of my fingertip in 2016 (opening up your body like that can be bad). Can’t grind like Im in my early and mid healthy 20s anymore.

Hit 51 and just do the av grind, that will get you to 60 (if anyone cares, not specifically targeted at op)

4 Likes

I’m still leveling my posse. One of each class in rotation every two levels then parked for rested XP until I come back around to that toon again. Been doing this from level ten on each toon, since launch. Warlock is 36, rogue 37, all the rest are 38. About to hit that biggest of hurdles: buying 7 mounts. Probably not happening until 44ish. By my calculations I’ll hit 60 on all of them by the end of February. Then I’ll start gearing up 8 characters. Fun!

2 Likes

Woah, that’s kinda really smart actually

You rank up and level up at the same time. You can have a mount by the time you hit 60 for the 30g (or how much it costs)

2 Likes

Welcome to classic. Most people are to lazy or are unable to cut it due to them being spoon fed everthing in bfa like a child.

The average time to 60 in vanilla was 2 to 3 months.

1 Like

YEP, definitely a lot of Déjà vu going on when I am questing with all my various characters at this point. I think it has really contributed to my burn-out, but playing one class for any extended period also tends to burn me out. :persevere: I really do need to just choose two & stick with them only until 60 - perhaps alternate playing them to maximize rested XP.

39 Druid
34 Hunter
32 Paladin
28 Warrior
26 Priest
26 Warlock
25 Mage

If you past 39 you should just shoot for 60.

People don’t really twink at 49 as much as they do the lower lvls.

Epic Face Palm to you. Leveling and grinding isn’t for everyone. If a person isn’t having fun playing a certain way it would be stupid to keep doing that and that’s a great way to get burned out and stop playing entirely. This person is going to stop leveling and pvp in BGs which is fun to them, not everyone has to play the game the same way.

yeah you wont be able to afford any of the 49 twink gear.

1 Like

Grinding 2 bars in stv @49 might be part of your problem…

You literally have years to get to 60. I don’t get the complaints about leveling speed.

Enhance at 49 is really fun. Get the Kang and let it hang. All the classes in that bracket are good imo.

1 Like

If you don’t turn in marks, you won’t get XP so you can squat in the bracket for as long as you like.

No.

BGs do not award experience.

Actually 58-60 is the longest grind. In the 40s you have to do group content in order to hit the xp cap. Otherwise there’s too much of a grind.

I decided to actually do this (get to level 51). But it might take me about half a year more, as I’m only going to get 1 to 2 bars per session max grinding with rested bonus in stv or tanaris. Really want to log in AV- also maybe (maybe) get xp in AV. Time will tell.

The 47-52 grind is pretty notorious to those of us in the know.

All I can say is it really picks up in speed after 53 to 60. There aren’t a ton of quests or anything (although new ones do open up), it just feels faster, basically everyone I know has agreed on this over the years. 47-52 is just an awkward spot in the game.

1 Like

I’ve read several posts here saying there are no quests past a point, or you have to group due to lack of quests.

This is wrong. You could never party with another soul and quest all the way to 60

1 Like