Stopping at level 49

I decided to stop leveling in this game at level 49 because of the intense grind (half way between 48 and 49 as of today, going to grind 2 bars a day until 49 in stv)

That being said I’m wondering two things. Can I turn my XP off? Also do BGs give any xp or not? I read that they do in the form of marks, but I don’t know if classic will have those as it’s 1.12 & if it is a repeatable?

If not oh well, going to be fun playing the two original iterations of AB and WSG now and then. Also, I suppose this makes me a twink of sorts, as naturally I will try getting the best gear for 49, I didn’t intend this though.

No.

No, but turning the marks in do, there’s a repeatable quest for them. The one thing you want to be careful of is hitting 50 while trying to gear up. Good luck!

2 Likes

No. Exp Off was added in 3.2 I believe.

Not in Vanilla/Classic.

1 Like

I vote you keep going.

In Classic the levelling process IS a big part of the experience.

My 2 highest guys are right where you are. And dodging the enemy 60’s is exciting.

Ya I can see if forming raids will work lowering XP when trying to get gear.

Bummer can’t turn off XP.

48 is only 60% of the way to 60.

The grind IS real, never though about it.

2 Likes

I appreciate that but I can’t. It’s too much. I grinded crystal mine area in stv today (I play PVE server) and had my last straw with the grind.

I really like BGs though, alot. I wanted 51 to be able to do AV also but its too much. Lucky I got this far.

1 Like

I remember turning off my XP way back in Dark Age of Camelot (2000-2004) so that I could stay & play in the RvR/PvP Battlegrounds for a specific lower level range. It was MUCH more fun than cheesed-out endgame RvR/PvP. Surprising that WoW didn’t include this feature earlier on.

1 Like

I think back in Vanilla when I was like 9 years old I never made it past level ~ 55

The grind IS real lol

1 Like

you’re gonna get rocked by 49 enhance shamans lol

1 Like

Are enchance shamans twinking at 49 the best or something?

Rested experience exists so, eventually the grind will be cut in half.

I’m having a hard enough time wanting to level any of my 7 characters, now all in the 25-39 range, lol.

1 Like

You’ve got too many characters! I suggest you need to pick just one so you can advance to the end game.

2 Likes

Why not enjoy the leveling process? If you feel like doing a dungeon, do a dungeon. If you want to grind, grind away (humanoids because they have cloth or reagents from other mobs) and lastly questing.

1 Like

Not sure if mages are a good option in the 49 bracket. Warlocks, shadow priests, and rogues, definitely, but mages are clothies and “of sorts” puts it in the 1-shot category.

If you don’t have a level 60 character, I say keep going and eventually make something else for the 49 bracket.

A level 60 character is going to be able to grind for the enchants and other gear necessary to give yourself a solid boost. A twink by itself shouldn’t because of experience concerns.

48 is closer to 50% of the way there, I thought.

I think like 44.33 is the half way mark, xp wise.

1 Like

Level 47 is 2,029,800 of 4,084,700, or 49.69%. Level 48 is 2,164,900 of 4,084,700 or 53%. So, early lvl 48 is halfway.

Honestly, it can be worse leveling alts together, you are repeating some of the same content and make it more grindy. I’m in somewhat of the same boat from switching servers too many times.

1 Like