Stop Role-Playing in the Story Forums

Ah the classic “i know you are but what am I”.

As much as you want to equivocate you telling people to stop doing something with me telling you to stop telling people to do that, I’m not the one promoting an arbitrary agenda here.

Follow the rule forums, and stay in your lane.

3 Likes

I thought the basis of your whole point was that unless you are violating the forum rules, it is your lane. So… I’m in my lane.

5 Likes

Ooh you got me.

Then you realize how frivolous this entire thread is.

Thanks have a nice Thanksgiving.

4 Likes

You too. Genuinely :smiley:

3 Likes

Likewise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

*Rowyn steps back from her dark observations and entertains a rather… out of world thought.

Is she real or not? Has everything, including literally this very thought, been a lie? But… no, it can’t be. This must be a machination of the Void attempting to lure her in and… What if this reality is merely a game of the Void Lords, all of whom take turns spinning her around and saying strange things like, “pass da grass?”

It would definitely explain why she’s been dancing nekkid at inexplicable times in the midst of night. And why no one around ever really seems to care. What in the Fel is a ‘nekkid?’

No, no. Nothing is wrong. It’s just all that experimental thistle she’s been using for her glowy rituals. Must be.*

4 Likes

I mean the Pious Abominations needs to do something to entertain themselves, infidels might as well find their last moments enjoyable.

“I shouldn’t be called out for my hypocrisy”

:rofl:

5 Likes

You know - I am glad I read this post. It puts ANY conversation with you in a true light.

I now understand your position in another thread going on right now (if genocide was committed at Teldrassil).

Rules dont apply = except real world rules apply to a video game

nothing is real but what I claim is real to me - all lore I disagree with does not exist!

This is typical of people who claim Teldrassil is genocide. They ignore anything they diasgree with and apply nonsense rules they create in their heads - while expecting the universe to agree.

I have to thank Rogther for pointing this out.

3 Likes

No honey, character’s can’t roleplay because they aren’t real. And Illidan can’t be evil because he’s not real.

You, as a real live flesh and blood person can roleplay. And when your character was instructed to kill Illidan, if you felt that was you being instructed to kill Illidan, you were roleplaying.

And when you declare Illidan is “your enemy” instead of an “antagonist character” you are roleplaying.

And this is also roleplaying. You appear to be literate enough to be functional in society. So, barring some mental illness that I don’t think you have, you are aware that the story did “exist” when Alternate Draenor was launched. And it kept existing, as much as it can, without you contributing to the game. But you have decided to play the role of someone self involved enough to pretend it didn’t. This is also roleplaying.

You misunderstand my motives. I’m not capable of policing you and so I’m not trying. I’m using you as an example of behavior that is not productive and should be discouraged for the benefit of others who consider the problem in the original thread to be less severe than it is.

Obviously, you’re allowed to continue on pretending like the lore stopped after Mists of Pandaria, that you are your character, and even showing up in these forums using someone else’s account to roleplay that out for as long as it’s amusing to you. But the purpose of these forums isn’t to accommodate your fantasy game. It’s to discuss lore, most of which you pretend doesn’t exist.

6 Likes

I really hope anyone who reads this topic takes it to heart, roleplaying can hinder serious and positive discussion as all it does is draw a line in the sand and stop most from seeing across it.

I think people tend to forget that many of us play both sides and genuinely like to discuss possible improvements and viewpoints, without letting a character or faction bias get in the way if we can help it.

6 Likes

I can understand why people don’t like it but as someone who has played on a rp server for years i’m too use to ic stuff at this point lol.

2 Likes

Moralizing meta-thread being massively upvoted. What is this, reddit?

1 Like