Stop removing portals

I have yet to see any attacks to the blue here… are you just saying this because we disagree with Blizzard’s stance?

Are we suppose to get on our knees and pray whenever we get a response and always be happy no matter the result?

Stop.

36 Likes

If you remove all mounts and flight paths too, the world would feel REALLY big!

35 Likes

There are so many posts I want to like, but I ran out of likes! :sob:

:blue_heart:

Add the hub. Keep what we have. Restore the Shrine.

46 Likes

Things should be exactly as convenient as they were before. We arent asking for more portals, we’re asking for the ones that already existed to continue existing. This isnt a huge demand.

46 Likes

I see so much lag in my future…

21 Likes

You forgot to remove the ability to run as well.

16 Likes

Does it make the world feel bigger? Yes - though at this point, it doesn’t need to feel bigger. We already have multiple continents (and planets) - and new ones are being added each expansion.

By contracting the portals, and removing easier access to other zones (whether older or not) a barrier to access is created. And with so many different options/approaches to content, the time-saving of the older portals becomes much more valuable. Essentially, by increasing the time travel or difficulty of travel to older content, it pushes players to abandon it – making the world feel dead(er) in those areas.

Lack of access to areas like Eastern/Western Plaguelands (via Dalaran Crater) or Caverns of Time will cause more people to be unwilling to run that legacy content.

14 Likes

No it does not feel bigger at all. Portal hubs always have people in and around them. Take away the hub and you take away the people. Then it’s just more unnecessary travel time.

I don’t see why Blizzard loves to take away from players rather than give to players. Why do you guys hate fun so much?

Edit - I want to clarify my why do you hate fun comment. Player convenience makes the game fun to an extent. Having portals makes running certain content MUCH less tedious for alts. If I lose a portal close to an old raid with a mount I’ll just stop farming it. I don’t find it fun having to travel for 7-8 minutes on EVERY alt.

I dare say the majority of us players have alts and we use those alts to run old content or to even keep up with the current expansion. That’s why there is such an outcry for these conveniences. If we were only allowed to have 1 character then stuff like taking away portals or taking away flying wouldn’t be AS big of a deal.

14 Likes

If the only way to move was to crawl along the ground on your face, the world would feel REALLY big because the camera would be zoomed in so much!

13 Likes

Yeah, big enough to find another game to play where the developers are more tuned in to make a game that captures the players’ interest and awe, instead of having them step on a land mine.

22 Likes

May as well remove old content completely then and make all returning and new player start off at min level for the newer expansions.

Portals gave players to get from place to place when their hearthstones were on cool down. With portals from older content being removed you may as well remove that content because you are now removing the ability of the players to have options to get around .

25 Likes

I am sorry but there is no good reason to remove portals we have had for a very long time like the Caverns one. I use the Legion crater portal a lot, not to mention the wyrm temple one for Chromie stuff.

Removing them will just make me do less I am not spending forever on your flight paths to get to areas I use to be able to port to, ill just stop bothering and play less.

58 Likes

^ Good point here.

17 Likes

Caverns of Time is a pain to get to. It should have a portal.

The Mists of Pandaria Portal should go to the Shrines, not Jade Forest.

There should be a flight path at the Kharazan tower, I don’t think it needs a portal. It isn’t difficult to get there for Alliance but it will be a pain for Horde. They have to come in at Silvermoon or Grom’Gol and then fly there.

Removing conveniences from the game is never a good thing. You’re not thinking like players. You’re not thinking like developers who want to create a fun and inviting game.

Though, I don’t know why you (as a development team) have a problem with portals when you let everyone teleport to every dungeon, raid, warfront, and battleground. If you want to make the world larger, we should have incentive to travel to these places.

53 Likes

There’s better ways to make the world feel alive rather than removing things. How about adding incursions to past zones?

22 Likes

I’ve been playing since Dec. 2004. I already know what the game was like “bigger” and if current players want that bigger world they’re welcome to play Classic when it comes out. These portals have now been part of the game longer than not, and honestly, it’s BS to remove them now.

To me, the “more alive” part of this change is trying to force more players into fewer areas to make it seem like more people are playing. Look, they’re not, and that’s probably not going to change. You want us to see more players around, then merge dead and dying servers.

Bottom line, inconveniencing all of us just so cities look a little more populated is a garbage move.

58 Likes

By the time you’ve leveled through Legion dalaran, you should be able to conveniently port to all of the places you can port to from there.

2 Likes

I’m glad the portal room is finally generating proper outrage. Its been ridiculous since the changes were made on the PTR, but people havent been talking about it. Not very hopeful the outrage will convince blizz to change their minds, because it rarely does, but here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:

24 Likes

I do like the new portal rooms and am not really bothered by there being fewer portals personally. However… I do find it quite strange that the Orgrimmar portal room is in the front gates last I checked… Was there something wrong with The Drag? Considering some of the NPCs/Tents around there have lost purpose over the years I’m sure it wouldn’t have been too hard to shuffle things around to fit the new room entrance in there… I just like the tradition is all. Assuming portals -to- Orgrimmar will connect to this room it will be quite odd to be in the gates rather then the center of the city…

3 Likes

Yes, you’re absolutely correct. Everyone having access to portals in one location TO specific locations is entirely relatable to one specific class having access to all of them anytime, anywhere.

Could you maybe not try to advocate about every single aspect of WoW as if it’s the best choice imaginable? Your job isn’t to defend Blizz, it isn’t to praise every single thing they do and try to get us to agree with it, it’s to organize the public player base’s viewpoints, desires, and concerns. But literally all you have done since your former coworkers were given the axe by the company you’re desperately trying to defend is be a “yes man.” Quit it.

53 Likes