Stop removing portals

Blizz, please let all cities keep their amenities, thanks. That is what actually makes the world feel bigger-- having the ability to remain in past content without being punished.

135 Likes

Royal pain in the butt.

No it feels much more annoying. I can’t possibly agree to removing portals without a valid technical or lore reason.

I couldn’t disagree more, the current portal hubs are more lively because they have portals and are therefore a destination. Removing them kills them and just serves to annoy the player base other than the ‘turn it back into classic’ group.

271 Likes

On the contrary, I find it makes the old expansion-capitals feel gutted and sterile.

As the total area of the landmass in the game keeps growing, dead travel time feels more and more monotonous.

182 Likes

Sure it is when I currently have the portals now to get where I want and then get removed in 8.1.5. This time gates my travel.

37 Likes

True that. It’d be nice to have mage portals mean something again.

Can I get a hulk leap though? Jump from Stormwind to Kalimdor.

Pleeeaaaasssseee?

:wink:

3 Likes

It might not be popular, but I for one think that we’ve already added too much convenience into the game. Just a game of popping around and pulling levers. Removing convenience is always a little hard even if it is in the best long term interest of the health of the game.

Not that I think these portals are that big a deal. There will still be lots of portals it seems.

6 Likes

I would argue that it makes it feel a bit smaller because places I enjoy going to are so out of the way. Example: every major city has an AH, but as a Tauren I liked going to Thunderbluff for the aesthetics. In MoP, and when MoP had those portals, I could choose to go to Thunderbluff to use that AH. Now, I would have to go to Orgrimmar and fly out to Thunderbluff to visit that. Why not just use Orgrimmar’s instead?

I have no reason to go to those other cities outside of aesthetics, and now it’s more of a pain to reach those locations for me to enjoy them. Less portals means Orgrimmar/Stormwind will just be the convenient choice to visit and we will have no reason to see the other cities. It’ll be too much of a pain to fly/pay a Mage to get in Thunderbluff what I can just get in Orgrimmar.

160 Likes

No. Fewer portals means I care even less about going to older content. I prefer the convenience of being able to only have to cross two or three zones instead of all of Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor to get somewhere. I don’t have all day to sit and play WoW anymore. I want to be able to get to content quickly so I can maximize what time I do have to play.

218 Likes

No, it doesn’t feel bigger.

And why remove portals for Ironforge and Thunder Bluff? They’re capital cities!

192 Likes

We don’t, we have to plot out our hearthstones and flight master’s whistle usage. Please don’t mock us.

203 Likes

Just keep the portals in the same places and add more… Let us have choices! I wanna teleport to the shine to port k

48 Likes

yeah but the world isn’t ‘alive’

it’s mostly static with stuff that we had to grind a ton of times before, thus the high desire for portals to cut down time wasted in transit

120 Likes

A gate stops you. this slows you. See?

10 Likes

Hey there Mr Rogue, I think it’s time to lessen your burden a little and make some mage friends, you’re always stabbing us in the back so I think it’s time to fix that.

5 Likes

A portal that used to exist and doesn’t after 8.1.5 stops me. See?

53 Likes

It does, and in theory it does sound really cool. I believe lorewise, portals are really hard to make and keep open, so it makes sense they wouldn’t be everywhere. But then when I actually log in and have to figure out how to get places again now that the portals are gone, it’s not fun. So as far as gameplay goes, no I don’t enjoy it. When it’s a chore just to get around, that’s not fun.

54 Likes

Bornakk

I agree, but how convenient should things be for everybody? Why do mages have portals? Should everybody just have the teleport abilities that mages have? I don’t think that’d feel right, heh.

The problem is that you guys presented these portals as a “convenient solution” – so that people would have the same functionality that they currently have, just all put neatly together in the same location, so that we’d not have to go wandering around.

Now, you’re telling us that this is not actually the case and we’re instead losing out – but, as usual, it’s “for our benefit”?

I mean… you can spin it any way you want, I suppose, but we’re still gonna call BS on this one.

184 Likes

Nope… slows you. Theres always a way there. You arent stopped. You may stop YOURSELF… but thats different.

3 Likes

I don’t see the flag button on this post. How can you report a blue for trolling?

197 Likes

It is no different.

7 Likes