Stop removing portals

Actually, I’d like to see easier and more entertaining ways to experience old content. Moving the portals is a step in the wrong direction IMO.

5 Likes

I’m just saying that the only ones who will be happy if we’re all hanging out in SW and Org are Blizzard. Personally, I’d rather have happy players.

And honestly, this just goes back to something I’ve thought for a long time, that Blizzard is making decisions based more on “does this make US happy” than on “does this make the game better for the players”.

2 Likes

Nice to see 500 more replies after I woke up today. About 99% of them not in favor of this change. Keep the posts coming and I am sure we can get it reverted. Without a doubt the most unnecessary change in years.

6 Likes

Funny almost 2900 responses here and no one seems to have been asking for this…

8 Likes

HOLD THE LINE! We. Will. Hold. The. Line.!

1 Like

Do Blizzard don’t like money? we move from vanilla for a reason, more portals at the times were need it for a reason, to anyone wanting to do old content this is a slap in the face.

caverns of time portal is a need, not a luxury. With this you are showing that you don’t really have a clue what ppl want. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO FLY FOR 1Hr to see content. even if that content is old

2 Likes

There are like 3-4 people who have posted it’s a good change. Everyone else, not so much. :smiley:

3 Likes

Bornakk,
Making things less convenient halfway through an expansion is pretty ridiculous. We got like 4.5 new zones this expansion since you really don’t do much in the opposing factions’ island chain. I don’t even know why the effort is being put in to make any changes at all since it really just effects transmog farming and lower levels.

The constant ship screens for world quests is already pretty annoying. Are you guys just trying to make lower levels ready for the back and forth from KT and Zandalar where you watch a ship line for the current content?

Can you clarify if there’s some time played metric that’s being factored in here? Do portals have some sort of extra cost on servers?

I don’t get it. Why even bother? Is there some sort of exploitation involving these portals going on?

3 Likes

Between mounts, flight paths, whistles, and portals, I feel like I can get around the world fairly well. I do like having portals to legacy content available but for current content I feel like I’m good.

Can you clarify if there’s some time played metric that’s being factored in here? Do portals have some sort of extra cost on servers?

Lol they have been combating that since they first announced the change/not announcing subs anymore.

You will never get a Blizzard employee to admit that is what’s going on.

1 Like

Yes. Everyone should be able to get everywhere they want as easily as they want. It’s our time and we have paid you for it already. Stop trying to tell us what we want to do with it. Give us our choices back and focus on not becoming Activision. Is that clear enough?

3 Likes

Oh for sure I’d prefer they leave the Dalaran and the MOP portals alone in addition to consolidate the other ports in the new portal room.

It does not.
To this bull at least, it feels annoying in a really petty way, and spitefully cumbersome.

It feels like a lazy change done for no real good reason.
But I suspect you know that and are just parroting back what you’ve been told to say. Boooooo.

The entire world of Warcraft, including Outland, Draenor, Pandora, Northrend, Broken Idles, and Kul-Tiralar, is ridiculously huge.

Having a convenient way to get to old content, content that is no longer relevant except for fun touring and other goofiness is a GOOD THING. Taking it away is a BAD THING.

Consolidating everything in one spot and making it worse than before is a BAD THING.

To those who make the decisions about this kind of thing, Stop doing bad things!

9 Likes

There ya go, fixed it just for you.

2 Likes

No, it doesn’t make the world more alive, not anymore than no flying makes the world more immersive. The lack of both only serves to extend time played, because it has apparently become more important for them to make the game take longer, not more fun to play.

4 Likes

Agreed. I’m glad to see this thread is thriving. Please, keep it going!

1 Like

I’d appreciate it if they would come out and give the REAL REASON they want this change. It’s telling that they come out asking a lot of questions and trying to do community outreach to get ahead of it (because taking things away historically doesn’t go very well). They know it’s not popular. So what’s the real reason? You’re intentionally making players angry. Why? I’d wager it’s not what we think.

It’s definitely NOT immersion. The changes are too arbitrary for that.

3 Likes

Time played…nothing more.

Remove the convenience of being able to hop a couple portals to do some old content that i’m doing due to boredom and i will just skip it and log off.

1 Like

I dunno. That massive thread about master loot is still going strong and they’ve been obstinate on that issue, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we were ignored again.

1 Like

You aren’t wrong, but you still need to think positive, right?