Stop removing portals

Honestly, as someone who was beyond excited at addition of a consolidated portal room, I am not a huge fan of the flat out gutting of portals either or the reasoning given here.

With that mind set, the whole “the world feels bigger”, whats next? Take away the Garrison portal’s to Stormshield/Warspear or the portals from said locations that go to Tanaan Jungle? Those portals are far more frivolous than the extremely helpful portals to Karazhan, Dalaran Crater, and Caverns of Time. It honestly makes even less sense that we are missing portals to places like Thunder Bluff and Ironforge which are primary capital cities.

While I am 100% for re-distributing portals, removing the portals from the old locations and making the new portal rooms the primary and consolidated portal location, I am not down for flat out removing portal options all together. Those portals need to be brought back in some way because they hold a great deal of value and help traverse a world that often feels overbearingly big after so many expansions.

There is a difference between “Making the world feel bigger” when content is current and “Making the world feel inconvenient to traverse” when handling older content.

If its not something you want to outright give players than at least consider giving us a way to unlock extra portals on our accounts!

25 Likes