Stop removing portals

Kaivax replied elsewhere:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rearranging-and-removing-portals/

However, we’ve seen how updates to the game can leave the means of accessing different areas feeling increasingly chaotic. For example— today if you go to the Cleft of Shadows in Orgrimmar, you’ll find it dotted with portals in a way that almost looks sporadic. We’re cleaning that up, and we see this as an opportunity to consolidate a lot of travel into a consistent venue with a consistent look and feel, and room for future growth when needed.

We’ve processed a lot of feedback on this, especially feedback about specific locations that feel like they’re going to become disproportionately inconvenient to reach, and we’ve followed that feedback through to the conclusion that you’re seeing on the PTR. We believe that the numerous remaining means of quick access in the game make most locations quite reachable.

If there are any specific locations that feel as though they’re about to become unreasonably inaccessible, we’re certainly open to adding additional means of travel in the future.

Translation: THE TEAM FEELS that the feedback we got isn’t important. Feedback we got on the PTR (we promise, we did!) is more important, so we’re going with that because it fits our design anyway

7 Likes

they created a new thread to respond in order to kill this one. The post is less than an hour old svc the new thread is already over 200 posts.

And like i thought, the post was clearly prepared and revised by multiple members of their office and STILL MANAGES TO ADDRESS NOTHING.

5 Likes

Same here. I also made all of my “extra” characters engineers (including my latest mage alt), so I would have the use of the engineer toys that take you to various places as well.

Oh, and since I am out of “likes” have some thumbs up: :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

“Talk for hours. Say nothing.”

Corporate BS. Politicians at their “finest”.

3 Likes

They may have given a response, but I still don’t see the logic behind it.

2 Likes

:+1: endorsement thumb due to no likes left

4 Likes

“Thanks! We ignored your feedback.”–Blizzard response to this thread.

13 Likes

What a corporate piece of crap that spewed. It was definitely not worth the time and effort they put into crafting it.

Tired of them making horrible decisions … implement a new portal room - yay! justify it by removing various portals - wtf!?

1 Like

It’s horrible.

#POSTENDORSED
#GIVEMEMYLIKESBACK
#YOUNOTAKEPORTALS
#BRINGBACKTHEYAK

4 Likes

Essentially accurate. I remember the time when soon! (trademarked) was a mark of pride among Blizzard fans and often touted by Blizzard devs jokingly.

Blizzard has become just as bad as Bioware. A shell of their former self.

5 Likes

As I’ve said many times, if it wasn’t for RP, I’d have unsubbed long ago. This is pushing it, even for me.

4 Likes

The “wild card” that most of them have are things like: “You have been replaced by your evil twin” or you get turned into a troll or some such thing. The classic, BC, and Northrend engineering toys take you to either specific locations or at least specific zones. The Warlords one takes you to specific zones, but you have to be able to figure out which zone description will take you to which zone… and you can come out high up in the stratosphere (better have some means of slowing your fall speed ready… all of my engineers use a tinker on their cloaks).

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

My favorite was how they asked for more feedback at the end.

???

hello???

I see you’re new to the forums, let me direct you to the 5000 post thread on the topic of portals and why removing them is a bad idea.

I’m grateful they responded and made and effort to explain themselves but… just why? The explanation made it sound like some of the portals would stay in game but it was so vague im not really sure

6 Likes

That sounds very much like a “mind game, maybe you’ll win, maybe you’ll lose” and not fun toy. Especially considering the CD! I’d call a portal like that nothing but Blizzard trolling the players.

Which they seem to enjoy doing.

Well, the arriving way up high in the air is also one of the things that can happen when using one of the classic engineer toys too. Back in classic, if that happened, my engineers tended to go splat. It wasn’t until my engineers finally got tinkers and things like goblin gliders that I was able to survive that roll of the dice. It seems to me that it tends to happen more often when using the Warlords worm hole than with any of the others though.

I actually tell a lot more than 5-10 people when I am unhappy with a company/product. I can only think of a handful of times that I have told more than one person when I have been happy about a company/product.

1 Like

That’s the average. And this came from working for a cell phone company as a customer service representative. I’ve also worked for a credit card company doing CSR work, where the line was repeated.

And I worked at the CC company during one of the the worst times ever. Hurricane Katrina. Because of what happened we had an unconditional “we’ll wave late fees” (filed under Acts of Nature I believe) if they were in the affected areas.

I’m sure that unconditional waving of fees probably helped keep a lot of customers.

My computer is also “below specs.” The game looked so much better when I could play with my graphics set to “fair” and my view distance set to “high” than it does now, when I have to have everything set to “minimum” and have to reduce render distance as well. I used to get 15 to 25 fps… these days I average 6 to 15 fps (and only get the higher end of that scale if there isn’t anyone else anywhere near me).

1 Like

I’m sure that unconditional waving of fees probably helped keep a lot of customers.

The money factor didnt matter to them. The goodwill that gesture generated…DID.

To them and to the company.

1 Like