Stop removing portals

No. Where we want things to head is where they’re at right now.

A couple extra minutes per character per attempt.

2 Likes

There have been some good ideas in this thread beyond “don’t remove portals that were there”.
-Improved portal network linking major cities and points of interest.
-Profession changes -inscription portal scrolls, alchemist portal stones to sell.

• I’ll add one - Repeatable weekly quest. Complete and receive a teleport stone with 5 charges. Teleports you (and group) to any summoning stone or inn you have previously visited & locked in as a choice at said stone/inn.
5 Likes

It’s a bad time to be a gamer right now. Almost all the big game devs are going anti-consumer, pro-investor. That can’t last. Eventually something will break.

Blizzard, after all the dumb moves of the past few months, shouldn’t be wasting their manpower on things like this. They’ve taken a beating and they need to do things to recover their image.

Things like this aren’t exactly helping.

6 Likes

The investors have lost almost half of the value of their stock. If that is looking out for them he is doing an awful job.

4 Likes

Or like a cheating spouse who you keep finding in bed with a neighbor.
they keep saying their sorry and trying to pretend that theyre going to fix themselves and their behavior…only to do it again and push you past the point of accepting the crocodile tears.

At a point no amount of apology or feigned remorse is enough to cover the years of abuse.

3 Likes

Welp…

5 Likes

You do make out that people shouldn’t feel impacted by this change.

The result of this change to me, is that to farm Nalak and Oondasta, I need to add around 2 hours of additional travel time if I use flight paths each week, to do the content that I am happy to do.

If the game was clearly designed for things to be done more than once (and the 1/2000 drop rates for the mounts for Nalak and Oondasta make that pretty clear) then why remove something that makes that flight path a little easier? Why not improve the game with each change? What extra people or things could I possibly see or do in game, whilst on a flight path for an extra 2-3 minutes each toon?

6 Likes

I have a Idea how about in a portal room having special portals for main cities which is bigger and also a small portal for outside of cities places. You right click the small portal and choose where you want to go and can have a 10-20 min cool down.

3 Likes

Honestly, you know the major complaint here is the removal of portals that have been in the game for years.

Sure there are some folks who would jump at the above idea, but that’s really not what the majority in this thread have been asking for. In fact, I don’t recall seeing any call for it until you just now brought it up. You’re putting words into people’s mouths and trying to say we’re demanding things we never asked for.

And, quite frankly, I don’t see solo queues to be as game-breaking as you seem to be implying. People go back and solo dungeons and raids all the time. What difference does it make to WoW as a whole if they travel there or are ported directly through a queue? How would it ruin the game for anyone else? For that matter, how does leaving up the portals we already have ruin the game for you?

8 Likes

Thanks for that link. But its sadly coming across as nothing but corporate doublespeak.

“We’re listening!” yet all they’re doing is talking AT us and not talking WITH us.

They’ve made their decision and they’re going to stand firm on it. That thread makes it perfectly clear they’re not listening.

6 Likes

This has been suggested by several others over the course of the thread. I think it’s a great idea

I regret that I have no likes left to give.

All I have left are emojis: :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

8 Likes

Wow. Thanks for that link, Fythra. It’s pretty clear they’ve deliberately made it harder to get to places that have been easy to reach for years and they’re not going to change it.

5 Likes

And when you’re pursuing a design philosophy that runs counter to what your players want, it’s all but guaranteed the straws will keep piling onto that poor camel.

5 Likes

This right here looks to be what the company wants…not enough “time spent” in current content, more people spending it in old content. So they use this as a mechanism to gently persuade you into more current stuff.

Are you towing the company line?

4 Likes

There is a difference between going through a loading screen every time you cross the border between one zone and the next and having a handful of portal hubs where the vast majority of the portals take you to places where you would have had to go through at least one loading screen to reach anyway.

4 Likes

This can result in multiple camels being broken.

Again, unhappy customer tells 5-10 people about their experience.

And Blizzard with all their mistakes in the past few months doesn’t need any more bad publicity.

8 Likes

How bout just literally keep the portal rooms.
If you want the world to feel big and alive. Make it so Orgrimmar and Stormwind ‘ARENT’ the central hubs to hang out at. Give portals to each city.

Removing all these portals is just going to continue to stir hate.
NO ONE wants to go through hoops and long boring flight masters or auto-pathing to ‘get’ to where they need to go.
Old Dalaran portal gives us a good Central area
Legion Dalaran gave us Portals to All cities INCLUDING Pandaria
Pandaria Portal was in a good central area, and also gave us access to Old Dalaran.
Legion not only gave such portals but also allowed us to Portal to BC’s Shattrath, Dalarans Crater south of Lordaeron, and the Caverns of Time.

No one wants to go through old content on their 100th trip, The Portals just take that option away and its Actually Nice.
Everyone here doesn’t want to lose portals. Not everyone ‘wants’ to play a mage, or try to find a mage to give us a portal.
Legion’s Dalaran ‘was the hub’ because it had those portals.

Why not just keep the portals and instead put them into the Big @$$ room of the new portal room. High level players are the only ones that should be such and it should be a privilege to be able to port anywhere you want at will WITHOUT being a mage.

5 Likes

“With new expansions we’ve made a tradition of removing portals…except for fully half the expansions in the game’s life…but we’re correcting that now.”

Well, I suppose at least this confirms that it’s a design philosophy issue and we can look forward to continuing WoW’s death of a thousand cuts.

16 Likes

Damn right, when we " cheat the game as Ion so eloquently put it re: the need for pathfinder in WoD", now if we are getting FUNthings done in too timely a fashion, will be the time they squash it.

2 Likes