Stop Punishing Players Who Have Dual Roles

This isn’t a jab directly at you but
Players: “There’s no choice”
Blizzard -Gives them a choice-
Players: “There’s too many choices”

1 Like

Players has been suggesting that since BFA Beta, but Blizzard not listening and just stick with own agenda.

On my warlock, I think im carrying 10 pieces of Azerite gear for the traits. Drain Life build is insane, so I need to keep a few of those. But there’s also good Destro encounters and ST Affliction builds.

I take the hit on ilvl and gain stupid amounts of flexibility out of it. A better equipment manager would be nice (for changing between specs/sets to fit an encounter). But ultimately, I’m not swapping out pieces every week. Just a bit of housekeeping.

I agree with you completely. Which is why I think a UI update to the current system would be a huge QoL improvement.

In the beginning there was no role swapping. Just keep some extra azerite pieces in your bag and stop whining.

You’re missing an important part: Blizzard gave us choice, but at the cost of restrictions when switching to support roles (tank/heal) to help out friends in dungeons and fill in spots in progression.

Why and how are these restrictions beneficial? How do they make the game fun?

Azerite gear is the least “RNG gear” in the game. I am completely onboard for a guaranteed source of max ilvl Azerite gear, but it better not be easy to acquire. If I feel like it’s earned with skill and effort, there’s no issue.

Fair enough, everyone handles gear and what they decide to keep differently. I didn’t necessarily think that you specifically don’t care about the traits, was more of a general statement (though I did say “you”)

But here are some reasons I can think of for holding on to Azerite gear

• Balance changes, as mentioned

• PVP - and a lot of people keep multiple pieces just to swap out in PVP based on what they are playing as and who or what they are playing with against, in some ways the traits can be as effective as talents are so keeping a choice and being dynamic is important

• Doing different PVE content - farming, M+, raiding, a lot of times different traits can be ideal enough to hold on to even if you don’t use them for everything

So I don’t think it’s necessarily just about switching specs and having traits available for the other specs. I think in some ways Azerite has exponentially increased the gear that some players hold on to throughout an expansion or a content patch.

It might be viewed as a player-created problem but I do think the system promotes it in a lot of ways. It’s kind of like having talents in our bags, instead of its own interface like talents have or glyphs had in the past.

1 Like

I’ve seen the idea of allowing players to farm it from M+'s if they 2 chest a key.

The ability to complete a key in that kind of time scales with the ilvl of the players and the gear you’d get if they kept the current M+ cache table.

Players would still have to invest time into acquiring the pieces AND they would have to earn it and play their class well.

2 Likes

Wow, excellent point.

How do they make the experience any different than it has been the last 14 years? You want to perform at the same level in different specs? You need gear appropriate for those specs.
Even not having appropriate traits doesn’t matter that much if you’re just helping someone catch up. I’ve healed M+3s several times while forgetting to switch out my DPS weapons and Azertie gear and didn’t even realise until I’d finished (though I’ll freely admit question marking why it seemed to be a bit of a difficulty spike).

1 Like

I would rather slap it behind a currency. I’d like to avoid the whole “farm MOS” endgame. You’d go to the easiest dungeon for the week, farm the crap out of it and hope you get what you wanted. Then there’s this whole thing about acquisition rates… lots of little things start to add up.

Or how about an Azerite Gear Manager, somewhere we can see all the possible Azerite traits we have available to us to make it easier to cater them to our individual specs?

I’m surprised there isn’t an add-on for this yet, tbh.

1 Like

This happens to healers even more so than tanks. Any time a raid is short dps, healers have to switch to that role or sit. There should be zero penalty for switching just because you do what is needed for your raid team.

5 Likes

It’s pretty difficult to display that sort of information. It’s not 1 trait per piece. :frowning:

Yes you can get multiple pieces of Azerite gear from many sources. That doesn’t mean you can get your BIS pieces or pieces with an origination array.

Nobody should be reforging their azerite armor. I’m swimming in azerite pieces from the emissaries.

Yes. Getting BiS take time.

Can you provide an example of a 385 “average” trait vs a 370 “BiS” trait? Most are very close in performance.

No, they want people who switch specs to have different azurite sets for their specs.

Congratulations being a class where emissaries give you functional traits. Half the specs in the game have traits so epically awful that their old 355 or 340 stuff beats Gravethorn Jerkin #6.

1 Like