Stop Pruning Brew

all those tuning changes mean nothing when they buff stagger magic and armor. Net gain across the board

2 Likes

BrM definitely came out ahead with the tank tuning.

2 Likes

Changes seem way less impactful for brew than BDK and VDH.

Still, brew also benefits from the new orb affix because you can RoP, Leg Sweep, and Paralyzing touch to grab a huge chunk of that affix by yourself almost every time they’re up (assuming you don’t need those for the rest of the pulls). Very strong affix for brew at lower keys.

I want healing elixir, self heals and abilities more than stagger buffs.

Like I’m not super good at the game but I want the ability to sustain myself with active abilities and maintaining buffs etc, if I mess up I get punished and I can try to get better. I fear they are going to make it so tanks rotate a few defensives in obvious ways then if you wipe it’s on the healer and dmg entirely because you pushed the buttons just so there is less grief on the tank or something.

Also I am a solo player I recently tried M+ on this monk and got people who could not keep up, several times. I don’t have the luxury of getting vetted healers and dps. So I dislike the direction of the tank role personally. As of right now I can grind out a boss if it’s low enough before everyone dies.

That’s cool, but it won’t last. If brew ends up at the bottom I’d want my healing and brews to be buffed instead of stagger and passive buffs. Replacing healing elixir with a passive is sloppy imo.

Yeah I only care about M+ at the beginning of the xpac anyways. That’s how it was when I returned for DF. I have a fundamental problem with the direction of the brew design not the temporary viability it supposedly has in TWW in comparison to other tanks, for M+ or raid or PVP or delves or whatever else.

Speaking of delves… Are those why they are shafting tanks low key?

I think it’s because tanks are so far out of line in survival. I was trying to finish an NO 3 on my 480 BDK and I self sustained for over 2 minutes on the last boss. Conductive strike’s follow up move was hitting for like 800-900k?

Heals was straight up garbage and I did several pulls while he was running back because he was constantly dying to junk.

I don’t know much about BDK, but I am okay with reducing burst damage. I would expect consistent damage with minimal burst from a tank, but I wouldn’t expect that from an NPC that needs to be tanked. If there was an across-the-board change to the tank role, maybe it would be damage cap on elites or something…

Tanking is supposed to be a TANK… IMO, I guess. A beefy beatstick that faces dangers head-on while others need to be more cautious. I personally prefer the approach of Tanks being able to self-sustain and not rely on healers as much as the team. Like it makes sense compositionally that the tank would need 1/5th of the attention from a healer in a 5-man group.

I don’t think anyone was upset about tank self-sustain either, like players prefer it right? Like I didn’t see any tanks asking for less self-sustain previously, I didn’t see healers begging to heal the tank more either. I don’t like the direction. I don’t think people will like it as time progresses. The approach they’ll take to close gaps between tanks later on in attempt to retain this philosophy, will be kind of meh most likely. Would rather they leave that aspect alone.

I heard some people don’t use healers atm I think that’s cool. Most people do though, that’s what’s cool about it. To actually close that off that tactic in instanced content is strange. I’d rather see ways to make BM hunters have tank pets to replace tanks, than to force literally everyone to play the 1-3-1 ratio which only adds to the monotonous nature of grinding keys. I mean I never got up to 20+ on any character, but if I was going to sweat those, doing so without a healer would make me feel like I’m doing something nifty and less of a treadmill. IMO.

If I had suggested these tank changes people would list off a bunch of things better to do with that time, probably would have pointed at my M+ progression as an attempt to silence me along with a myriad of reasons as to why tanking in DF is good as is, with an “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” attitude (on and off forums).

Disclaimer/Edit: I’ll gladly eat crow if it pans out(haven’t dived into pre patch yet. Also, to be fair, the title is stop pruning brew not necessarily reverse changes. I think if these changes are good, then definitely stop pruning.