Stop Pretending You Care About Authenticity

You don’t. Plain and simple.

The same people who complained about Retail’s connected realms are now complaining that Classic’s servers are unbalanced and that Blizzard needs to fix them. Those same people who continually complained about keeping TBC Classic “as it was” are still playing the game, in constant compliance as they play with boosted players, Druids wearing Wolfshead Helm, or fight their own faction in PvP.

More and more it is becoming increasingly obvious that the Classic community wants the game to change and be more like retail.

Brack was correct. We think we want it, but we don’t.

We want retail. Not exactly like, not mostly like, but more like retail. Because Retail gets a lot of things right and Classic should emulate the things they got right.

Anyone arguing for an “authentic” experience just wants the game to die. Period. They’d rather WoW die in stagnant “authenticity” than be enlivened by good changes.

You don’t care about authenticity and you never did. The only people who cared have stopped playing the game by now. TBC Classic isn’t what it was. Get over it.

3 Likes

I’m playing.

This reminds me of the Simpson’s “Old Man Shouts a Cloud” meme. Funny.

Now get off my lawn.

5 Likes

go back to retail with your trash opinions lmao.

Balanced servers are authentic, it is up to blizzard to fix that and seek it out, part of their job they’re failing at as developers is preventing the players from optimizing the fun out of the game, they should be incentivising balanced servers as a spiritual move towards intended gameplay, but they dont because they’re wildly understaffed and lazy.

Stop conflating issues and making awful comparisons that dont make sense, and go back to retail. As an OCE player, there’s a 60-40 split on yojamba and a 65-35 split on arugal, its brutal, but alliance guilds still flourish and endure, mostly because there’s nowhere to go except the boomer tier pve server. We still get something approaching original tbc gameplay, although the indonesian gold farming mafia make things very annoying at times.

3 Likes

I am now dumber for having read that.

2 Likes

They arent though. At all. Not even a little bit.

Some servers have ALWAYS been unbalanced. Some servers have ALWAYS been lowpop.

We can have a discussion on the merits of Blizzard trying to alleviate that… but pretending like this is some new classic problem is either naive or disingenuous

5 Likes

You can’t balance servers when the majority of Horde are PvP and the majority of Alliance are PvE.

I believe the only fix is to make all servers PvP and then merge accordingly, but players would lose their noodles.

1 Like

i see all those years smashing your face against the keyboard on retail has given you eyesight trouble, or enough concussions that you forgot the definition of authentic.

Dominoes pizza isnt authentic, even fancy gormet independent store pizza, isnt authentic pizza, sort of what we’re getting now.

Authentic pizza is what the devs originally intended us to have, which is relatively balanced servers with real stakes. This is a simple concept, simple enough even for you two retail refugees.

4 Likes

well, i hate to say it, but in the name of authenticity, blizzard should pay me to lead a team to manually and case by case allow entire guild xfers for free from pve to pvp servers in order to balance things out. And some faction changes from horde for free too, fight cancer with cancer yes? lol

This much is true. Or we raid log.

Hell, if my guild falls apart I walk away no question.

Hi my name is counter-example. Nice to meet you.

3 Likes

How are you a counter-example? Are you playing on a server where people haven’t boosted, are not using Seal of the Martyr, or Wolfshead, or engaging in PvP?

1 Like

I care about authenticity and I still play the game. That’s how I’m a counter-example.

Consider another angle if you think I’m lying: consider the existence of a person who cares about authenticity of the game yet still actively plays the game. How can you demonstrate that the existence of this person is impossible?

1 Like

Sorry, but this is blatantly contradictory.

You care about authenticity and readily entered a game that was advertised to gate content based on phases.

You care about authenticity, and readily entered a game that gave players a boost to level 58.

You care about authenticity and readily entered a game that gave players access to a luxury mount.

You care about authenticity and readily entered a game that was released under Patch 2.4.3.

Blizzard changed the way Druid energy works. You still play the game.

Blizzard changed the way BGs work. You still play the game.

I guess it’s good that you care, right? :rofl:

I guess it’s great you’re this grand beacon of authenticity, right?

It’s pretty simple. My only conditions for playing the game are:

I can access the game.
I can pay for the subscription.
I enjoy the game.

Caring about authenticity is not a condition for playing the game, therefore, caring about authenticity and playing the game are not mutually exclusive. There’s no contradiction.

6 Likes

why are you so weird lol it doesn’t take a genius to know why people may not like dead servers, it has nothing to do with authenticity

Sorry, but going to have to disagree here because this essentially means any argument you make against further changes is moot because you’ve admitted your capacity to care is not a condition and therefore has not impact on your subscription.

Essentially, this means if they go full retail on TBC Classic, you’d still play.

However, I suspect this would affect one particular aspect, namely…

In which case, your capacity to care is directly tied to your enjoyment of the game.

That’s where the contradiction is.

Yup, same goes with HvH BGs. But you see a swathe of naysayers coming out in droves opposing it for some reason on the basis that, “This isn’t how the game worked 15 years ago!”

These same people also complain about not being handed out PvP epics like candy the way Retail does it.

i don’t think dead servers is the same as HvH, i can understand why people wouldn’t want HvH but i haven’t seen anyone say they want dead servers to stay dead; when people say they want an authentic TBC they don’t think dead servers without enough people to even do raids

1 Like

Just wanted to post in what is destined to become a legendary thread.

1 Like

Of course. This is obvious. That’s not a contradiction, though. It doesn’t demonstrate why caring about authenticity and playing the game are mutually exclusive.

I’ll let you off the hook, you can’t demonstrate this. It doesn’t matter how hard you try, there is no contradiction.

The issue is that you made a very difficult claim that needs only an existence argument to debunk. You would have been much better off making an existence claim yourself. “Not all players who play the game care about authenticity.” “There exists a player who cares about authenticity who no longer plays the game.”

Of course those are obvious claims and they’re never gonna get anybody riled up.