Stop Posting Transmog in BC

Please don’t let this happen.

I might be the minority but transmog is a ridiculous feature in all games. In fact, part of the fun is seeing the gear people have on.

A warrior wearing a leather mask and shoulders? I’m going for him first.

The 25th paladin ive seen today with hand of rag? Hah, gold buyer.

This is IMO a feature that has to do with retail being retail, please leave it there not here.

30 Likes

I would love to see it happen, but wouldn’t lose any sleep if it doesn’t. One one of the treads someone made the suggestion of having a toggle that see / don’t see transmog.

Which with just a single tick or untick that would cost the average person what? 6 seconds to do would allow everyone to enjoy seeing the game as they wanted.

I just like the idea more because as someone that likes to RP and do PVE content (somewhat efficiently) Being able to have my character look as close to possible as how I envision them would just be something I would love to see come to light.

2 Likes

Naw. Let people play how they want.

8 Likes

Transmog wasn’t available in tbc. What am I missing here?

38 Likes

There’s no reason to stress. Transmog will never make its way to classic. Until classic Cataclysm, if we get that far.

8 Likes

Stop stressing, it won’t be in TBC Classic. And yeah I agree with you, transmog doesn’t have a place in this game.

24 Likes

Have some pride. You will wear that clown suit while leveling and like it.

9 Likes

There’s a movement of folks that want to see several QOL items that will not affect game play be added to Wrath and BC.

I’m one of them.

I see absolutely zero problem with T-Mog, pet battles, archeology, guild perks, and achievements being in any version of the game. I get why Classic is the way it is, it’s a museum piece. The other expansions, imo, not so much.

You can preserve the hardcore raid game play and community benefits and still let others have their fun.

5 Likes

I agree with you.

Transmog is not QOL.

10 Likes

It’s about immersion and community. It’s about people-watching.

Why do we prefer to go sit down at a restaurant and eat instead of just picking up the food to take home? Why go sit at a bar when one can just pick up a 6-pack at the quicki-mart and take it home? People-watching and a sense of community.

Players want to see what other people are wearing. What they are REALLY wearing. Because that gear represents success or lack of it in this game. People likewise want to show off their stuff and know that other people see what gear they have.

When people see others wearing cool gear it motivates them to want to get that gear, too… which keeps people playing and working toward gear goals, and it keeps people subbed.

Transmog destroys all of that. It is a horrible feature, and should be fought against tooth and nail. It’s one of the pillars of retail failure.

9 Likes

Well if they make Classic TBC servers how will those be any less of a museum piece than Classic Vanilla servers? They’re both recreating a long gone version of the game.

I hadn’t heard any movement asking for Tmog in Classic or Classic TBC before now so idk how prevalent it is, but I for one would be strongly against adding Tmog, pet battles, achievements, etc etc to Classic TBC.

8 Likes

I was never bothered by transmog, i like it personally, but blizzard isn’t gonna add a cataclysm feature to bc lol

2 Likes

If transmog is a client side toggle all of that is preserved AND all the people that want to see character expression and cool looking sets can do so. Its win-win. There are no downsides.

1 Like

Agree with OP.

Transmog is a step down the slippery slope to get the game to where “retail” is at.

cosmetic changes aren’t for real gamers, leave that garbage in the weird collection game you already have.

10 Likes

/vomit

why don’t you play retail if you love these meaningless features so much?

Dress up barbie, Pokemon, garbage professions, worst guild system ever and “excuse for treating others worse” (achievements) is trash.

9 Likes

Why do you care if you believe the features are meaningless? And I detest the game play in retail. I’m here for the game play. I’ll deal if the fun stuff isn’t there that has zero bearing on game play.

it’s garbage that waters down the actual game.
what you call “fun” I call hurtful to the game overall, it attracts “gamers” who only care about pointless things like “do i look pretty?” and “i bet my pikachu can beat up your squirttle!”

8 Likes

Having a disconnect between what some people see vs other people based on a menu option checkmark is a downside.

2 Likes

Down with transmog. Play retail if you want that.

4 Likes