Stop Nerfing PVE Item lvl of PVP gear

With the new Item level brackets, gear that people currently have is being nerfed. I totally understand more brackets to make it feel less spiky in terms of upgrades but keep the item levels as they are. Currently 2100 gives 246 and after the patch this is being nerfed and 2400 gives 246. Likewise 1800 no longer gives 239, this is at 1950.

Again, I agree with multiple steps but keep the item levels for each bracket where they are now and just add more in between, stop nerfing gear people already have. It is already a good middle ground compared to last patch which was too good.

Edit: As a reasoning for why the current ilvls are fine. Do people REALLY think that gladiator is equal to HEROIC sylvanas difficulty? The gear already doesn’t go up to mythic ilvl in pve (which is fine) but having it cap out at 2100 was a great compromise that was far more in line with the skill requirement of heroic sylvanas.

25 Likes

Agreed. No need to further reduce the effectiveness of PvP gear in PvP and certainly no need to do it mid season. PvE gear is already best for pve. They could add extra ranks like you said-that’s fine and a nice little incentive for anyone interested in PvE stuff too.

4 Likes

Yea, it actually makes it worse in pvp too since the disparity will be larger because the top end for gear is way farther off. Glad does not need a gear rank past duelist, they have the mount and rank 1 titles for players of that caliber.

It will suck to log in and have gear on our characters nerfed and future gear prospects nerfed as well.

8 Likes

isnt the new scaling for honor gear

Well we actually don’t know this yet. These are the pve item levels so it could be duelist gear (or even challenger gear) scales to max pvp item level. They need to clarify what the PvP items levels will be.

1 Like

Seriously I’m sorry if this comes across as rude but what the hell am I paying for with decisions like this coming from the WoW team? Who in their right mind thought that it was a good idea to reduce the item level of the gear that people fight tooth and nail for? The whole point is to make better gear more accessible at the lower ranks, not punish the players who already got there OR are already close to getting there. Change the 1800+ gear next season when everyone’s rating is reset and it won’t negatively affect anyone.

6 Likes

Even if that is the case they still shouldnt nerf the gear in pve like this either. Duelist is much more in line with 246 (heroic sylvanas) than gladiator. Last season gladiator got mythic denath and now that pvp doesn’t even scale to mythic raid ilvl (which is fine and good) you need gladiator to even get to the best heroic raid gear. It makes no sense.

For players that play all content types this change is terrible because unlike in bfa, there is only 1 weekly box so you need to choose between a piece that is terrible in pve which is being nerfed even further or something of significantly higher ilvl in pve but way lower in pvp. It is like they are trying to punish players for enjoying more than one part of the game.

2 Likes

This would be even more troll than their “return of WoD gearing” promise only it was all of the bad parts. I don’t put it past them, but that might be the straw that breaks this camels back.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I agree it’s a bad way to go about this. Much smarter to just add extra ranks in between for more gear bumps with it topping out at 2400 instead of retroactively nerfing current ranks to make them even worse in pve for no reason other than to give pvp players a belly buster “just because”.

This only shows how they have zero PvP devs on the payroll.

If you’re gonna reward the top PvPers with better gear for climbing rating, then at least make sure they only fight other top PvPers

2 Likes

I don’t even think 2400 needs a rank, they should still keep 2100 as the end as the reason to push 2400 is the mount and for fun. Gear should be normalized at that rating (2100 and up) so that skill determines the match mostly.

8 Likes

Again I am referring to PvE item levels of gear here. All of these item levels listed are the PvE items levels of the PvP gear and not the PvP item levels. All conquest gear should scale to max ilvl (259) in PvP. However if they want to add an extra upgrade backet for 2400 that allows players to increase the PvE item level of their gear by another 4 then whatever I’m fine with it. It would not negatively impact anyone.

I would be fine with adding another pve ilvl increase that worked that way so long as it didnt push all the other gear down. If say, duelist was 246(heroic sylv) and glad was 252(normal mythic). But the way it is for these changes for pve is still bad, that is what I am saying.

are they doing the reverse? pve gear getting nerfed for pvp?
all these leet pvers come in at rank 0 with 240+++ ilvl?

No they are not. They don’t need to either, they just need to keep the current bracket checkpoints the same.

But PVP gear needs to have a low iLVL in PVE or else PVE players will be enticed to PVP for gear that they’ll use in PVE.

It already is lower, they nerfed it last patch and it was balanced, you literally can’t get mythic raid ilvl in pvp and that is fine.

A lot of classes still have BiS PVP items for PVE so I guess Blizzard disagrees, hence the change.

If they retroactively nerf my Duelist Gear and make it so I have to climb to 2400 (when queues are literally dead) I’m going to stop subbing. Their statement “This change will not affect high item-level PvP gear” directly contradicts what their chart says

4 Likes

That isn’t the intended goal from these changes and that is extremely clear from the post.