Stop nerfing healer damage!

Just resubbed and I’ve been very rudely awakened by the state of our class… All the damage nerfs we’ve gotten across 9.1 and 9.2 are ridiculous. It’s not like our damage was ever insane, we were just able to weave a semi-respectale amount of DPS in with our healing rotations. But I guess Blizzard didn’t like that?

How about instead of nerfing our damage (which just makes soloing content PAINFUL) you take one of the following two philosphies…

Option #1: Buff other healers. Healers - in general - should have damage on-par with tanks.
Option #2: Make doing damage vs doing healing more of a choice. So that, if we want to, we can do damage, just at the cost of our healing.

It’s like Blizzard thinks the entire game is about PVE group content. I don’t want to have to swap specs to Ret (which is gross) just to do dailies. I want to be able to hold my own in PVP, etc.

Stop nerfing healer damage.

Sincerely,

A concerned Paladin

1 Like

Well its obvious you havent been playing, Holy was out bursting most classes, the damage was insane, they needed to be taken down quite a bit.

3 Likes

Healers shouldn’t even do DPS, your job is to heal not do damage.

6 Likes

But we can all agree they kinda bricked them too much.
Resto shamys 2 button dps rotation - elem and vesper gets them 5-7k overall dps.
Resto druids got PAINFUL dps rotation but can still pull 5k if they try hard. Ran ToP20 today and our druid did 5k overall and parsed 97.
Good priests can also get 4-5k

MW and hpala re both in the dumpster though lmao

3 Likes

I mean thats a take i can agree with, blizz doesnt balance with a soft touch but with hammer swings

3 Likes

Ashen Hallow was OP, not the Holy Paladin damage itself…

3 Likes

No they didnt. The burst was irrelevant because they fell back down to reasonable damage by the end of the pull. If blizz wants hpal to be melee, have the least utility and probably the least hps, then they have to have the highest damage. Nerfing their damage was no better than an execution. And youre referencing burst damage that doesnt exist anymore. And who cares how high they burst? Their overall damage was still lower than an rshams, and on par with priests. Now its significantly behind on damage, theres no reason at all to bring an hpal anymore. All this is in addition to their goofy tier set that makes them awkward to play.

5 Likes

The biggest thing I hate is how they nerfed Holy Shock’s damage. It is just a super fun spell to cast offensively, but over the course of SL it has received nerf after nerf after nerf… Same with Judgement and to a lesser extend, crusader strike. I mean, adding a mana cost to crusader strike was in itself already a HUGE nerf.

But because of one OP (burst) spell - Ashen Hallow - Blizzard decided to nerf the CORE SPELLS OF THE SPEC into oblivion.

4 Likes

So does that mean that Tanks should not be able to DMG either…their job should be taking DMG only?

Maybe like 10 to 25% of what the lowest DPS can do, they need to put out threat at least.

But threat doesn’t have to be DMG based. So if healers should not DMG then tanks should not as well. This is why both specs do DMG…not the best DMG, but they both should able to solo.

That would make tanking even more boring. Tank damage in it’s current state is required to hold aggro, higher now that some classes are 60k+ on decent sized pulls. The last time they nerfed tank damage, I couldn’t hold aggro on the mobs with my regular m+ group and eventually parted ways. Blizzard for some reason loves to nerf to the point of no return rather than in small increments.

I understand …my point was for the OP horrible idea that healers should not DPS. Healing is equally boring if you can’t DPS either.

Uh where in my original post did you read that I thought healers should not DPS?.. that is literally the opposite of what I am saying lol.

I never said you did…but Renae thought it was a good idea.

1 Like

You said it was the OP’s horrible idea… and I am the OP :stuck_out_tongue:

That was funny!

Don’t try and twist things so they fit inside your little box, Tanks and Healers are not the same. In order to be threatening you need to do some damage, yelling harsh words at things only holds their attention for so long.

How would it make tanking boring, you shouldn’t even be looking at your damage as tank, you should be making sure you have aggro on everything and then concentrate on surviving.

A human punching bag with aoe taunt. Yeah real fun. Attention! Exciting new tank class: black ox statue.

3 Likes

Not twisting anything your argument does not make any sense.