Stop justifying your new system by breaking old ones

Because water striders are virtually a necessity in mythic+ content, and blizzard doesn’t want Mists of Pandaria mounts to be required for success.

I like the idea of the mount equipment feature. However, they should have left the water walking mounts alone and also added the equipment feature to it as well for those who had grinded the rep to obtain one.

Anymore though, a lot of the decisions they make make me scratch my head and wonder. I’ll say something positive though! That pathfinder 2 mount looks freaking awesome. I’m excited to resub when it comes out! So…yay. There is that :smiley:

No, we are aweome! :ok_woman:

I understand your view point completely. If the PTR next week doesn’t have class changes their priorities are backwards.

What are you talking about? You clearly have NO idea what the new system is, it isn’t taking away anything, its adding to the game.

They are not, you just equip the water walking mount glyph… stupid comment.

How is giving you an option between waterwalking and daze reduction forcing you to do anything? Do you suffer from dementia or something?

You just requip the waterwalking glyph if you love waterwalking on the strider and your end result is the same.

And next expansion they could remove that permanently, and take away your favorite mount for no reason. Works for you?

Who gives a ship? It’s a fantasy game. No one else cares but you…

You 100% are.

Citation needed that barding non-permanent (2 hour duration) items from blacksmithing are being changed.

while im happy to have the option to equip my mount i can argue its not about the functionality, its about the message, “we can take away something you earned before at any time and you cant do anything about it”, you see, we all already fine on our equipment devaluating every new expansion but things like the strider, keep us happy even as our other equipment devaluates because they dont change, they did the content so why not keep it? then they take it away, same thing happened with the ability prune, flying, the portals… what they will take away next?
and about this

Even if they didnt say anything, you cant blame the player base to be suspicious for all the pruning and removing of stuff going on, its their own fault, they already tried to remove the ability on legion and it caused a dung-storm so they reverted it, they had the option of leaving the strider as it is like the golem but they didnt, WHY? incompetence? hubris? whatever the fact is they knew this would happen, it could be prevented but chose NOT TO, WHY?
besides you and everyone here should be trying to find common ground with your fellow players INSTEAD of going against them, like, trying to make the game even better so they can enjoy it too, heck, i dont even have the mount and i find it disgusting the efforts of my fellow players are disrespected this way, there are some ppl that say “its the same” but is it? we are worried and with reason that if it hits the PTR it will stay for the worst, it happened at the beginning of this expansion with the azerite traits and system so you can see where im coming from.

1 Like

Yeah…it’s turning into an abusive relationship. They make us pay real money to grind for things that are later taken away so we can pay for another chance to grind for them. This is not a good deal for players. Pretty good deal for the devs though.

1 Like

You get one water walking piece of equipment for free. The equipment slots are used on a per character basis. I have a lot of alts. Right now any level 20 or higher alt can have water walking with my water strider without any extra effort or expense. After 8.2, I’ll have to buy and send each character one of the water walking equipment thingies in order to have the same level of functionality that I have now.

Having to pay and take extra steps just to have the same degree of functionality that I have now is a net loss. That’s how it’s reducing choices. Giving me more choices would be to keep the Water Strider as is and make it exempt from equipment so that I could choose what to equip on my other mounts. Then I’d have increased functionality.

1 Like

You guys find a way to complain about anything. It’s impressive tbh.

I can’t express how upset I was that my lightforge rune was made unusable. It basically forced me into either hemorrhaging gold on real runes, or being fine with nothing at all (lolno… I should be full buffed every pull every night and not be broke). I dropped a ton of gold on that thing and it was useless before it could even pay itself back.

I am way and I mean way more excited about the anti daze. I am actually really happy about this change.

The mount equipment idea is a great concept, but as with everything Blizzard seems to touch lately, they’re ruining it with the strider nerf. I’m glad I wasted all of my time on something that is becoming useless. On this note, majority of my raid guild will be unsubbing and moving over to other another game. Good luck to anybody who wants to continue on this sinking ship. Maybe Blizzard will somehow get their crap together, but it seems less and less likely every patch.

4 Likes

Well there goes some class flavor (I think shaman are getting some bland tastes in their mouths too…)

-waits for path of frost and Shaman’s water walking to stop working while mounted.-

Sorry for everyone but I think water walking shouldn’t be mount equipment. I feel like the system is bad. (It hurts the players crafting professions as opposed to what we have now)

Heck maybe if they made the other equipment a timed buff (like say I wanted the barding and water walking… I’d slot the barding and that would be permanent and then I’d have the option to use the mount water boots for an hour and then I’d have to buy another.)

Until the next expansion when we’re grounded…

We’re going to feel this hard next expansion I bet, and I think blizz expects it to sneak by because we’re all going to be flying shortly after it comes into effect and it won’t matter for the moment

I’m pretty sure we won’t see barding or stirrup consumables after BFA because of this too