Stop freaking out blizzard, it's ok

saw this in the news,

Stop freaking out blizz, KSM isn’t easy, mission accomplished. M+ has been fairly popular and there’s a good population of people that do it alot-alot. Some of those people are going to get KSM in a week or two pretty much no matter how you guys change it up.

One of our quality players pug-pushed hard and managed it … maybe if I had the free time I’d have done that, to be done would be nice. Then I’d get to enjoy things more, wouldn’t have to worry about what gives me score or not.

2 Likes

Yes it is.

It’s an achievement to be earned like there are achievements to be earned in raid and pvp it’s not supposed to be handed out to just anyone

1 Like

Not to be trite, but that’s pure lamer half-humble brag. Is it do-able? Yeah, sure. All it takes is time and will. Is it easy? no. You blow all cred by floating stuff like that.

you lost it at “it is”. (edit: or “it’s” if you are into splitting hairs) Even blizzard doesn’t know what things are half of the time. They just throw junk up on the wall to see what works and then iterate. Power creep alone over the next 4, 8, 12 weeks is going to massively change the landscape.

The only thing about these cheevos that’s hard is what date they are gotten at. The earlier the nuttier. … Well to be fair, anything that requires a lot of group coordination, stuff that’s only acquired in mythic raid under a time limit. Herding cats has been, is, and will always be the greatest challenge. And most rewarding and compelling thing.

Not really sure what you were trying to get at with your reply. You tried to discredit me for saying KSM is easy but then said this

I can’t take you seriously after something like that.

1 Like

One of the facets of the Dunning-Kreuger effect is that competent individuals often lack a proper awareness of their own competence. They have a tendency to think that most people are at their level, which leads them to wonder why those others haven’t simply put forth the effort.

I think what Boc was sayin is that the achievement will only get easier with time, and will not live up to your “it’s an achievement, therefore it must be difficult” criteria. Generally speaking, how difficult the achievement was depends on the point in the season at which you earned it.

It’s not “easy” with sub-optimal gear, prior to targeted nerfs, but the relative difficulty varies by player according to skill.

1 Like

I’d say that’s almost 100% true in raiding, but “herding cats” does a bad job of defining the full extent of the responsibility. That cat-herding also includes recruitment and player management.

The better you are at herding, the better cats you’re going to attract. The best herders attract the best cats and organize them the in the most effective way.

I’d say it plays a much lesser role in M+. Organizing a 5-man isn’t without it’s challenges, but for anything outside of the top 500-1000 key groups you can pug anything you need.

1 Like

it’S the first time I get KSM on week 2… and almost purely with pugs… and also on my undergeared alt… timing everything , 2-chesting some, and do a bunch of 18s on week 1 just for the heck.

Yes, this might be the easiest KSM ever. and we still have 15 ilvl to go + unlocking soulbind.

1 Like

My highest timed spires is a 13 on either affix and I got ksm week two. The rating system is certainly more flexible than it was in the past. The necrotic wake change was probably needed, on fortified with a spear we were pretty much one-shotting bosses.

1 Like

It is substantially easier to get KSM now then in season 1. You can literally never time a single dungeon and get the achievement. It is however more time consuming being that you have to fail 16 keys instead of time 8.

2 Likes

Text on the internet, think one is being jokey … and random outcomes. just making the point that the most compelling, challenging, rewarding, punishing, emotionally potent, whatever thing in the game will always be making things work in a group.

And yeah, having “hard” cheevos is productive for the game, sure. Just like good art, encounter design, etc. Used to be that mounts in mythic worked very well for that … but now mounts everywhere so ???

As for the other - I have a better understanding of the scoring system now … I didn’t actually believe that people could get score by just failing super high keys … like fail upwards. I thought that timing 15s on both affix was required. … there might be a reason for this like to discourage key-leaving but still, seems an odd way to go. Honestly, I’m not sure what to think of this system now … it’s getting smashed by gear creep already anyways.

If you only have/had 15 ilvls to go to 252 you aren’t/weren’t undergeared.