Stop Destroying Arena/PvP

I just love how WoW continues to deincentivize pushing high rated arena.
Continues to take away some of the SMALL awards and
advantages high level arena player enjoy.
What PvE awards do PvP players get to enjoy from PvPing? Do I want that?
No.
Should less skilled player enjoy PvP benefits for simply running 10 games?
No
I got 1500 points for a 1700 rated 5’s.
My buddy got 1200 for 2200 rated 2’s.
FIX THIS.
You were right to keep the rating on the offset pieces.
Should have kept the rating like S4 was originally.
Allow for race/faction changes. It will help revert
faction imbalance on PvP servers back the Alliance.
Stop destroying PvP because you wanna push out Wrath so fast. Plz.

7 Likes

stop talking rofl give everyone more points u elitist idiot

Pvpers that are “high lvl” should care about competitive games and if worse players have better gear who cares?

This version of tbc has NEVER been about gear everyone (save season 1) basically has BIS gear at a high lvl. It doesn’t affect you at all and it only helps people less fortunate than you

seems like your priorities are horribly missplaced

27 Likes

Ofcourse we need more points, especially when the seasons are 2-3 months shorter then they’re supposed to be :rofl: :rofl: :clown_face:

10 Likes

Changes of this magnitude is why WoW and WoW Classic continues to get worse.
And deincentivizes new players from having to push rating if they get the same
rewards they get for pushing the same rating.

This is the core problem. You are essentially agreeing with me.
They need to simply stop rushing content out and putting a bandaid on everything
surrounding that problem. If the season is only 2 months long, this is the bandaid they need to put on it. The problem is… the season is 2 months long.

2 Likes

You sound like someone who sells boosts and doesn’t want to lose the income.

12 Likes

OP is furious arena participation might actually be above 300 people at 2k rating or higher.

10 Likes

Don’t have time.
And this will only increase the amount of boosts due to
one less barrier of entry to get Weapons at 1850.

i sell boosts it wont change peoples ability to get rating just easier points. OP is just a guy that hates seeing other people happy or something cringe

7 Likes

What are you talking about?
I’m sick of people putting in hard work and not being rewarded.
That’s literally what the point of MMO’s are and what made WoW so popular.
And PvP continually taking a backseat in WoW’s develpoment team.
And here you keyboard warriors are just slinging insults.

Argue why this is not bad for the game.

2 Likes

The point of Arena are the titles; not gear that i replace every season amd literally do not care about.

2 Likes

Just because you increase points gained doesn’t mean everyone magically will have all the rating locked gear…1500 players will still be 1500 players. Don’t worry you will get to show off your shiny arena weapon that they won’t be able to buy

2 Likes

There can be more than just one reward for PvP that people enjoy.

1 Like

I agree with OP.

I’m happy that people are getting more points at lower ratings, it will increase arena participation which is good for everyone that enjoys arena. That being said, it’s completely asinine for a 1600 3v3 team to be getting more points than a 2200 2v2 team.

4 Likes

If they were to just balance the point awards to be the same under 2s/3s/5s
this would be a step in the right direction. Or at least normalize it.

They figured it out and mastered it in MoP.

TMog rewards like alternative rating locked cosmetic gear and enchants, tabards etc.

The good part about the MoP system is that it gives a more tangible reward but at the same time kills most of the gear boost sales that pollute the brackets.

Personally I dont care about the gear in Arena; gear chasing is what I save for raid.

7 Likes

It’s a win for everybody. Highly skilled players still get their pieces.

Low skilled players get to the play the game in a reasonable time frame.

If you are really good at the game, the last thing on your mind should be what other players have. No, you sound like a baddie to me, probably one with sociopathetic disorder.

9 Likes

I tend to agree though I hate that TMog ever came out. Lol.

1 Like

It killed the gear boost sales but didn’t kill boosting. Sold a ton of 2v2 carries to fresh 90s on a ww monk. There was a group of like 15 wws on my server in a guild together that would just sell carries all day for gold per win.

you get the idea tho; they gave us same ilevel sets that req rating unlock but no power advantage. Enchants like bloody dancing steel, tabards, etc…

it was the perfect system.

power unlocks are bad because it promotes boosting, and I think we can all agree boosting is bad because it kills low end / mid participation that in turn deflates the ladder.

3 Likes

No one wants to present an argument of how this is good for the game in the long run.
You just want to dogpile and claim mental illness
I’m talking about deincentivizing people to climb ratings authentically.
The amount of arena points was one of those things incentivizing people to do so.
This is why their are rating gates to weapons, shoulders.