Stop asking for the Alliance to take dark turns or be the bad guys

Loool what the heck did Draenei and Void Elves do?
You have no actual arguments so by all means quit the discussion.

With all the retcons and plotholes, the only true evil villains live in Irvine trying to create conflict with crayons and Elmer’s glue.

7 Likes

“sylvanas has the support of the people”
meaning that they love being genocidal monsters.

4 Likes

The AU Draenei did. Except they got all zealous over the light and forcibly conformed or killed the Orcs.

You claim that ALL the orcs joined either the Iron Horde or the Fel Orcs, but that isn’t true. The Frostwolf never joined either and sided with the Draenei through all of it.

Which just shows us that the corruption of the Draenei is still there, it’s still a weakness in your race. A race that has been proven to be easily corrupted.

I’d rather not risk it, so we should just kill them all off.

If you think this kind of argument is rather silly, that is because it is, but it’s an argument you have been trying to make for weeks because you don’t like the Horde.

5 Likes

Both have association and service with tyrannical and corruptive forces. The Light, the Void, and the Legion. You have no argument for your point. You just put things as guilty by association. By your logic the Alliance is just as evil.

I responded to your post to me. But as for your posts at other people.

Almost every single race in Warcraft has engaged in some level of wrongdoing. That does not make them evil races. The Eredar mostly joined the Burning Legion. They later relapsed in the form of the Sargeri. The Night Elves (that were offered a spot) joined the Legion, with only about a third of the Highborne later rebelling. You then later had people such as the Druids of the Flame joining the Old Gods. The Naga. The Satyrs. Who never gave up their ways. Humanity that had large membership in the Cult of the Damned. As well people such as Arthas, Kel’thuzad leading the Scourge. The Twilight Hammer involving Benedictus and Farthing. Plus all the numerous minor villains within the Twilight Hammer (that extend to Draenei, Orcs, Night Elves, Humans, basically every race but Pandaren). Dark Irons and their extreme slavery, those who willing side with Ragnaros. Felblood Elves that sided with Kael’thas and the Legion. Feltotem Tauren. Felborne Elves. As for the Alliance doing normal crimes, there are examples of torture, killing incapacitated soldiers over capture, attempted genocide.

5 Likes

If only I could roll my eyes harder…

The light being corrupting is new since legion… a new plot twist for the rule of cool. so until we get further evidence beyond AU Yrel and that naaru that illidan rightfully destroyed, then the light being a corrupting force isn’t set in stone.

1 Like

Because the orcs are an evil race that will always eventually attack and kill their neighbours with no provocation.
Look at WoW MU for reference.

Yrel was smart enough to see the writing on the wall and put a stop to it.
Alliance never did because of game reasons. So she is light forging them so they don’t randomly start another genocidal campaign.

The Horde now has multiple evil races like goblins or forsaken that only make things worse.

And yet not once have they tried to wipe out races different than them multiple times like the Horde has.

What you are doing is a false equivalency.
All the organizations you referenced broke off from their people to do this.
But the Horde didn’t. They whole heartedly supported it and still support it (Sylvanas has the support of the people).
What’s more they constantly relapse to these tendencies.

In short. The Horde is evil as we understand it and the Horde players pushing this narrative of misunderstood good guys are completely being disengenious.

1 Like

The light itself CANNOT be corrupted. It’s users and followers however can be. Corruption comes in many forms. Ideals, actions, power. Zealotry is a form of corruption, as is vengeance.

2 Likes

That’s also what you are doing.

What about Benedictus and Farthing? What about the Cult of the Damed? The Dark Irons with Ragnaros? The Sergeri? The Lightbound? Staghelm and the Flame Druids? The entire Night Watch of Duskwoods? I could go on but the Alliance is pure right?

1 Like

They are appropriate comparison because they involve a large number of a given race (several times a majority) or their leaders engaging in these acts. And many were not mere break aways. Forgot to mention Daelin and Kul Tiras. Or Garithos. Or the Scarlet Crusade. The numerous examples are still clearly almost every race, even the Alliance itself (as I noted near the end) of similar acts. That’s the standard.

2 Likes

This is why they shouldn’t have had the Naaru as the main light beings… I wonder at times if naaru like Xe’era were overly zealous. Then roll all groups into the same time of light worshippers by the time legion rolled around.

The outlier villain groups like the Scarlet crusade is debatable as to what corrupted them, the light? Dreadlord? Vengeance against undead?..

Scarlet Crusade was corrupted from within by demons, and a hatred for the Undead.

Those corrupted that follow the light are probably corrupted by an ideal. X’era was corrupted by the thought that her way was the only way and since it was “fate” then what did it matter. Ends justify the means.

3 Likes

I don’t see any major alliance or Horde plot lines following that path. Iam thinking this will be the last expac of either faction getting hit with the villain or goody two shoes bat.

I think that the major story arc around corruption of the followers of th elight will come from AU Draenor.

The main difference between Our Lightforged and the Lightbound of AU is a philosophy.

Azeroth LF joined by choice, a philosophical choice. They understand that their way is not the only way, as far as I can see there is no zealotry there.

AU LB are FAR different. They conform by force, regardless of anyone else’s view. They are right, everyone else is wrong.

If trouble is to come (which I think it will in a later expansion). It will come from there. Yrel, her Naruu, and the Lightbound.

2 Likes

I seriously hope they don’t pull in the AU light bound group… lol we have so many other stories to utilize.

It really isn’t Alliance as a whole did not go down the path of evil multiple times like the Horde has done.

Its always some off group.

1 Like

Yeah if you think about it the Horde do the opposite, they go full tilt into evil and one small group branch off into good. Not the best look really.

3 Likes

What are you talking about, OP?

The Alliance is the Villain Faction.

Silly blues.

6 Likes

You addressed it as a racial matter. All these numerous instances are either the majority, leadership, or sizeable groups of these races engaging in bad acts. Making them absolutely comparable.