Stolen Crystal [RP/IC] [Closed]

Vesthi filed in right behind Laatu, the Champion of a Thousand Battles. Immediately she turned from the group and, ignoring the floating being in the distance, edged her way to the ledge of their platform. Her stomach twisted a little. Her instinct about this being a pocket dimension was right, but there was more to it than appeared. There had to be. Peering over the platform ledge she felt her toes curl. The dark abyss stretched on seemingly forever.

Vesthi’s unique spectral vision made her the slightest bit dizzy. Usually there was something to mentally grasp hold of. A spark. A flicker. A thin line or an aura. Something. Out there, beyond their platform, there was nothing. Just… pristine darkness.

It was glorious.
It was terrifying.

Vesthi kept her glaives secured. In the back of her mind she made the preparations to cast a few handy variants of the sigils her kind used to dominate and control demon-kind. Safe bet that this entity was no demon, yet her spells would have an effect none the less.

Normally Vesthi would be more than willing to claim the lead, to be the one to wade into battle for the sake of getting things done. Damn the consequences, especially if it meant her own death. Clearly there were two other’s in this group who desired to do as much, and so for the moment Vesthi was more than happy to sit back a bit and just watch. Wait. Observe. There was no doubt in her mind that at least she… and perhaps one other, ok maybe two others, would survive whatever horrors they were set to encounter.

Yet, for now, Vesthi remained quiet. Listening to the banter. She scanned the distant entity looking to discern anything that might be of use. Any bit of knowledge about who or what this creature is. Vesthi alternately scanned their surroundings now and then for the less obvious threats. The dormant enchantments waiting to flare to life or the hidden minion waiting in the wings to descend.

Vesthi tilted her head at the being. Unlike any dragon I have ever seen. Then again, Vesthi had relatively little experience with anything draconic. Demons, yes. Drgaons, not so much. Their magic and ways were still mysterious and mildly confusing. This being here was, simply stated, mind-bending for Vesthi.

Matter of fact, very little about this entire situation was making sense to her.

Kora filed in behind the others, the only one of them with no apparent weapon, not counting the young girl and Kersia. She looked around, the place reminded her too much of the Eye of Eternity and she didn’t like that. Were they now dealing with a Malygos wannabe like Vinarion had been a Deathwing wannabe? Villains were all the same she supposed, wanting power and ultimately world domination and subjigation. She looked at the floating Pandaren with curiosity, I wonder what I would look like with fur.

Damalys made his way inside, being sure to draw his blade if needed and kept his explosive satchel within quick reach. Maybe he was being paranoid but something seemed off. For now he noted the potential danger and dismissed it in the event it was just in his head. He looked about and heard mention of a looming figure and looking up pressing a button on his goggles. Something was definitely giving off body heat in that general direction causing him to scowl beneath the lenses “Not sure if she knows this person or not but something seems off…” He drew his blade “Be ready for anything,it seems too easy for the culprit to show their face so quickly.”

“As for you…I suggest you hand over what you’ve stolen before somebody gets hurt.”

Kawisa didn’t seem phased by entering the pocket reality. Turns out after using countless Void Rifts, normal reality phasing didn’t quite have the same effect. As far as the tower itself, It was about what he expected they would find within. Even with the pocket dimension. He was, however, surprised to find another Pandaren. He didn’t detect any significant magic from the other Pandaren. At least, nothing that compared to Kersia’s miniature sun of energy.

Is it my turn? Do I get to blast the thief now? Raiku asked? Kawisa could sense the drake getting riled up.

No, not yet. You will get your chance to let loose, but I want to make sure you are not going to start casting into a magic trap that will throw your spells back at you. Kawisa cautioned. However, he wouldn’t be surprised if a fight didn’t break out soon. So he reached into his pouch of strange purple crystals and fished one out. This one contained much more stored energy than the one he used in the inn last night.

He sighed as the others taunted the Pandaren. “I presume you are one that broke into the lab? I would love to know how you managed that. I’ve been studying the enchantments for months and Kersia does not leave much room for error.” Kawisa asked, curious. “Also, before my… companions attempt to smash you to paste, I believe it would be polite to exchange introductions.”

Aanka stepped in as Kawisa finished. She looked around the room and then saw the Pandaren. This one looked like Kersia but walked with an arrogance. Blue arcane energy glowed in her eyes. It was either a blue dragon or a very arcanely gifted Pandaren, though, given the context, Aanka assumed it was the former.

Tolbyas entered with the group and took a moment to take in his surroundings. This was the first he had ever been in such a room. Dark energy? No, just a void without light surrounded them, with only sparkles of arcane energy dotting the air. It was as the night sky, beautiful, mysterious, and foreboding. Across the way was a pandaren, in a form not wholly unsimilar to Kersia’s.

Tolbyas was not entirely sure he wanted any part of this. Black dragons were far more visceral to hunt and fight. Trickery, yes, but freaky pocket worlds of space? That was just not his thing. At least Kersia’s lab was solid in appearance. This was just floating here. Tolbyas looked back to the door.

The. Door.

Where did the door go? How were they to leave!? Tolbyas tried stepping back to whence he came, but nothing happened. No solid structure, no portal, nothing. “The door is gone.” Tolbyas muttered the statement as his mind started to kick into gear. He faced the freaky pandaren. “Where? How do we leave?”

((just going to use Mortre until I can make Strite in game))

”I know you are a dragon, but I do not know what breed, so I will plainly ask you… Who are you and what do you want with that you have stolen.” Another dead one. Double gross.

“Maybe when your proprietor exits her stupor, you’ll get a few answers.” Strite glared at Kersia, waiting for her response, yet she appeared lost in thought.

”As for you… I suggest you hand over what you’ve stolen before somebody gets hurt.” Not dead elf. Good. There was another elf too that didn’t seem inclined to speak, that one was steeped in fel it seemed.

“I think not. I rather like the crystal. Good bolster to power. Doesn’t help stabilize it though.” Strite sighed and shook her head.

”I presume you are the one that broke into the lab? I would love to know how you managed that. I’ve been studying the enchantments for months and Kersia does not leave much room for error. Also, before my… companions attempt to smash you to paste, I believe it would be polite to exchange introductions.” Elf? Void thing? Hard to tell.

“Ah yes, Kersiagosa does not leave room for much error in her calculations, except where she must due to the very nature of her enchantments. I may not be able to replicate them, but I could at least see a gap in your reasoning there. A gap I manipulated. As for introductions, for now Stritegos would suffice.” Strite chuckled and regarded the group.

Another elf seemed to notice the missing entry point. ”“Where? How do we leave?”

Strite snickered. “You leave when I wish it, but I wish to for Kersia to solve her riddle first.”

Kersia stood silent within the space as her mind raced and her allies goaded this pandaren. All routes lead to here, but where was here? Who was this creature? Dragon? No… not quite. Kersia could see the latent power but it was unrefined, untapped, and marred by chaos. Who? She shook her head as she tried to piece out the possibilities. Seeing her face to face made it clear. This creature was not of any flight but the blue. If she was draconic at all.

Kersia scowled. ”Yes, am I a friend? You don’t know, do you? Ever so logical, ever so cold. Her stories about you were true to a tee.”

“Her?” Kersia muttered to herself. It just didn’t add up. Something was missing in her equation, something she just didn’t see. Why was the energy muddled and chaotic? Why could this creature get through her lab? What was…? Kersia glanced at Kawisa and a thought came to mind. “No.” Kersia shook her head. It was the only way to make sense of it all, but yet it was preposterous. Tiana wouldn’t, would she?

Kersia furrowed her brow deeper as the possibility spun within her mind. It would explain some pieces. It wasn’t like she knew her sister, not since the revival at least.

”You are so clueless. It is like the concept of love never crosses your hard logic.” Strite shook her head.

“I loved my sister!” Kersia snapped. “You think you can trounce around as if you comprehend-”

”Ahaha! You loved Malygos, knowledge, power. Not your sister. The concept of a sister was the only reason you felt a slight inclination to be close to her.”

“What do you know?” Kersia was growing tired of this cretin. This wasn’t interesting anymore, simply aggravating.

A dark pool of energy began to form in the center of the platform. It flowed and spread, growing and raising. It began to form around the group, and those standing in it began to sink into what felt like a wetless water. If any tried to jump out of it, it would rise up and still flow and form around them. The entire chamber would eventually be full of it, there is no escape.

”I know a lot, Aunt Kersia.” Strite’s voice echoed in the darkness, and then there was silence.

Blank map for visualization

This will be linked in the initial OOC post and in its own OOC post, but here is a link to the spreadsheet of the maze I’ll be doing my best to describe. Access different wings with the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Don’t advance too far in one post, I’ll keep you up to date in the OOC, but be patient with me. I sleep normally 8am-6pm ish and weekends I’ll have work which limits posting. Otherwise, I will try to respond as soon as there is something to respond to, even if it is one person, you will get a maze response.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SfwYplortb_wjGlENQXEr3nBXJ1dKFk9t97kPiAU8Pc/edit?usp=sharing

Cold stone, cold air replaced the strange energy. As the group recovered they would find a few things missing and interesting:

• The walls are 25 feet tall and 10 feet apart. Behind them is solid stone.
  • Kersia, Aanka, Orlock, Nil, and Vesthi are in an area together with a 30 foot long path in front of them, which then curves to the left. In the dark distance, faint arcane energy can be seen swirling on the walls and floor.
  • Tolbyas, Laatu, Kora, and Darak are in an area together with a 35 foot long path in front of them, which then curves to the right. Nothing is obviously visible in the path. Perhaps a faint glint about three feet high at the far end, a small bump on the ground prior.
  • Lynara, Damalys, Kawisa, and Myorga are in an area together with only a 10 foot long path in front of them opening on the left.

“Ngh…I really dislike megalomanics. Especially when they think they hold all the cards.”

Nil and Orlok got up from their drowning transport and checked their surrounding. It was a whole lot of nothing. Orlok replaced his wepons on his back as he looked to the only path that led forward. Nil joined him and it was obvious that she was not overly enthusiastic about the situation.

“At least we know this escapade is personal. But it changes nothing about her dying except for the possibility that she will probably beg Miss Kersia for clemency. She will not recieve it. Now, enough of that. There are arcane reading coming out of that corridor. I personally believe traps.”
“Of course they are traps. Why would they not be? That dragon’s a self important little tart fooling herself with “entertainment.” It’s probably best to assume that everything we encounter in here is a trap.”

Vesthi’s skin tingled as the dark energy swallowed her and the group. She could feel that it was taking them somewhere, by where? Her senses began to clear moments later as the dark power melted away. Smudges of energy began to clarify and sharpen into distinct forms. Kersia and the Druid was beside her, along with the armored elf and his daughter. Her surroundings came into focus as well. Fine lines of energy and smudgy auras distinguished themselves from everything else in her vision, and she could tell that they were stone walls. A similar stone floor, along with a ceiling not too high above them.

Great. Vesthi groaned to herself. A sharp lance of pain pierced her mind causing her to press a thumb against her temple. The moment passed quickly and the pain was gone.

Vesthi nodded as she stepped past the father-daughter pair. “Almost certainly.” She agreed with their assessment. Vesthi trailed her hand across the wall to her left as she advanced slowly down the corridor. Not out of an abundance of caution, but rather she was searching. Vesthi studied the stone construct (the wall) for certain irregularities. There was a thing she thought she had picked up on when her vision had cleared, but she was uncertain. Her instincts however told her that there might be a way to bypass whatever magical traps lay ahead of them. The faster they found their way out of this… cell?.. the sooner they could resolve this matter.

Vesthi paused at nearly fifteen feet ((4G)) and examined the wall to her left with both hands. There might be a void here. If she wasn’t mistaken, the wall might be broken through. “Take a look at this wall,” Vesthi said to no one in particular. One hand pressed firmly against the wall, the other lightly caressed the mortar lines with a clawed finger. “Tell me what you see?”

The armored father seemed to have a singular talent for deciphering weaknesses and a mind for strategy. His daughter too had a keen mind and some magical prowess. Vesthi was almost certain that the druid among them certainly had particular skill sets she could tap into, as a druid. Then there was Kersia. The strange peculiar pandaren that wasn’t a pandaren. Perhaps one (or all) could confirm Vesthi’s suspicion that just beyond this wall was a void?

Aanka looked around the dark corridor. In the distance, around 15 feet ahead, she saw demon wings. Vesthi!
As she walked closer, she could make out the figure of two more people - Orlok and his daughter. She heard Vesthi begin to speak.

Aanka walked towards the wall until she could feel the energy pulsing from it. “Look at it? I can try and break it!” The druid said, morphing into a large bear, its paws glowing with blue energy. Aanka lunged at the strange wall, attempting to smash through it.

Myorga blinked slowly as the new environment formed around them. Definitely not Legion OR Scourge a dark voice muttered from inside.

Now, arcane portals, such as those linking the major cities on Azeroth, she could handle. Still she wasn’t expecting to be ported quite so suddenly. She turned to Kersia to see what to do next only to find the pandaren was missing. Only Kawisa and two others she hadn’t met yet were with her. She lowered her rifle and addressed the group with her.

“Alright, it’s probably safe to assume the others are trapped in a similar situation. And while this probably also isn’t the safest place nor the appropriate time for introductions, if we’re to be working together, we need to know what we have to work with. My name is Myorga Gladstone. Despite my appearances I have been gifted with a worgen spirit should the need arise. I’m also a sharpshooter and a scout under employ of King Greymane. If no one else volunteers, I’ll be taking point until we get out of this mess.”

She steps up to Lynara first. “Sorry for the rush, but I need to know your name and what you bring to the table.”

Kora wasn’t much one for resorting to violence as a first answer to her problems, but it seemed this pandaren, Stritegos, as she appeared to call herself, though it sounded like that might not be the whole truth of the matter. When the black pool began to spread over the platform Kora got a good look at what it did seeing as she was the farthest from the spawning point. Teleportation of some kind most likely, based on Stritegos’ words she doesn’t want to kill us, at least not yet. A riddle Kersia needs to solve, this other pandaren seems to be related to Kersia or she at least believes she is.

Kora could feel herself sinking into the black pool, where would she end up? Would they all be together or separated. Strategically separation was the most logical outcome, in which case would Kora end up alone or with others and if so who? Her sight disappeared as she was fully submerged and when it returned she did indeed find herself with only a few from the group and her luck it had seemed to be with a couple of people she had already ruffled and a death knight, beings she didn’t much care for on principal. This was going to be a long journey.

Glaring at this… dragon, Darak was tempted to just toss a spell at her for lack of an answer, but his attention was turned to tolbyas as he mentioned that the door is gone.

“What?” he notices the door is gone, noticing a dark pool of energy was forming and spreading around the ground.

“This is no normal magic…” he mutters as it rises and eventually consumes him and the group.

he eventually awakens and spots everyone else, he growls with irritation.
“Just Great, figures she would do such a thing, separating us instead of fighting us, either she’s afraid of us all, or is really interested in these pathetic mazes.”

He looks around to see his group, he growled in irritation at what he is dealing with, but he now turned his focus on the maze itself.

“It’s best that we keep moving forward, less you mortals starve in here.” he looks around, spotting his ghoul who was knocked out.

he walks up to it, grabbing it by the head and shaking it violently till it woke up, the ghoul shakes it’s head and got up, following its master again.

The death knight now walks slowly forward, not caring for the others if they follow or not.

Kawisa was about to allow Raiku to step forward to blast the pandaren, but it was too late. Kawisa’s focus on the mage(?) was broken as he tried to escape the strange liquid spell. He even attempted to freeze the spell, but it had no lasting effect as it slowly consumed his form. Thankfully he felt no pain, but he was not fond of getting caught up with someone’s spell. It was also fortunate that the intention of the spell was not to harm the group but merely separate them.

Kawisa looked around and only saw three others. The hunter, the undead elf, and the tinkerer. That meant that Kersia and Tolbyas were elsewhere which did not sit well with him. Kersia may have been indifferent, but she was still powerful. He sighed, it simply met he would need to rely on the ones here with him. The hunter from before recovered the fastest of the other three and already started taking charge and assessing the situation. Her claim of military was certainly being supported.

“By all means.” Kawisa stated holding his hand out towards the rest of the passage. “I certainly will not stand in your way if you wish to lead. And as to answer your question, I am Kawisa Duskreaver. I possess a variety of spells I can use, but its more likely that my soul-bound companion will handle the brunt of combat in my stead. What he lacks in control & focus, he makes up for in raw power.” Kawisa explained.

Lynara’s shot was thrown off by the sudden emergence of the ‘wetless water’. A dark pool that they were quickly sinking into. She looked at the pandaren as the strange substance surrounded her.

When she regained her senses Lynara immediately looked around at the strange brickwork.“Where are we now?” She asked more to herself than to the three others with her. She saw Damalys, a human woman and a void elf. The human woman approached her. She instinctively started reaching subtly for one of her daggers.

She paused at the woman was asking her a couple questions instead of attacking. She shook her head as she spoke. “My name is Lynara. I’m a Dark Ranger.” She said, she still had some respect for the peoples of Gilneas. They had actually lost people in Teldressil and helped fight in Darkshore. For all the good it did her.

She turned to Kawisa and nodded. “We do need to work together cohesively if we want to escape this place.” She turned her head back towards the hallway. If the other woman wanted to take point that was fine with her.

Kersia sat for a moment on the ground as she processed the information. Aunt Kersia? Tiana never bore a clutch. She never had a mate. Kersia scowled and shook her head. She was lying to herself. Tiana was gone for thousands of years at a time, it had been nearly five thousand years since they had last saw each other when the Nexus War started. Five thousand years and their next meeting was Tiana’s death.

He was wrong though. Tiana always held a place in her heart. She was the first to teach Kersia magic, she was broodline. They didn’t see eye to eye, but Kersia still cared about her. Right? That was this love he spoke of, right?

Kersia snarled. This cretin claimed Tiana’s blood, yet he was not gifted. He couldn’t be their blood. Kersia thought back to his chaotic energy, a clash of inheritance. Tiana never showed any interest in draconic suitors. Always she prattled about the elven cities and architecture, their interesting magics and ways of life. She wouldn’t have paired with an elf, would she? Mortre was, perhaps…

Kersia stood. This could be thought about later, for now they had a maze to go through. Orlock, Aanka, Vesthi, and Nil were all here, the rest must be elsewhere. Why a dungeon? Unless… Kersia smirked, whomever this group was must not feel they could actually stop them. A time delay tactic. Well, Kersia was ready to play this game. Things were getting very, very interesting.

Orlock spoke of the enemy, of brute force and violence, and of traps. Nil seemed to agree.

Kersia snickered. “If my assumptions are correct, our host is not a true dragon at all. Half blooded freak unable to control his own magic.” Kersia shook her head. “But he is resourceful. Judging by the occurrences, I would assume he is being used as a conduit with other mages of some kind to create this tower and dungeon. However, he is not strong. His goal is to buy time by trapping us in here.”

Kersia’s eyes glowed blue as she attempted to create a teleportation point out of the room and tower. She vanished for a moment, only to reappear right where she started. “Ah, not as stupid as I assumed.” She snickered. “We are tethered here, so no teleportation will work. Once my body left, it was immediately routed back. Annoying, but creative I suppose.”

Kersia/Aanka/Orlock/Vesthi

”Take a look at this wall. Tell me what you see?” Vesthi spoke to her group.

Aanka approached. ”Look at it? I can try and break it!” She shifted into a bear and attempted to smash through the wall. A flickering field of arcane energy solidified the spot with a bright glow. Something broke from the force though, as a hiss could be faintly heard on the other side of the wall. However, no entry was gained.

Kersia scowled. “I sense some sort of mist pooling on the other side of that wall, me thinks we should just continue down this path. She walked ten feet past Vesthi and Aanka to ((6G)) where the runes on the wall started. They flickered and floated, forming words in common. Kersia could see the hall to the left of her and arcane blue claw prints at the space in front of her pointing towards the wall to the right.

The words on the wall were in common. "For each Instance I wander. I take IncomprehensIble numbers of steps. Yet my passage only opens If I remember the number rIght." A large glowing claw print is on the floor just inside the corner, facing down to the dead end. Another glowing clawprint is on the floor at the opposite end, seemingly pointing towards Kersia.

“A riddle, I presume.” Kersia sighed. “Cliche.”

Tolbyas/Laatu/Kora/Darak

Tolbyas gasped and tried in vain to stab the dark liquid as it pooled and trapped him in. When he came to, Laatu, Kora, Darak, and himself were in a corridor. The others were elsewhere.

“Ugh, what on Azeroth am I involved in now?” Tolbyas sighed and rubbed his temples. He punched the wall. “Damnit Kersia. Like I want to be dragged into your stupid family drama.” He scowled and looked around his surroundings.

The others seemed equally miffed. At least, as far as Tolbyas could tell. Darak seemed to take his anger out on his ghoul, or whatever it was. The pair started down the hall. Tolbyas shrugged and looked at Kora. “Didn’t mean to be so brash earlier, we’ll be working together so what’s past is past.” He smiled and moved to follow behind Darak.

As they approached the end of the corridor, the ghoul stepped on something that clicked. A spear jutted out of a hole three feet up on the wall, attempting to impale anything in front of it.

The hall turned to the right, then curved back around to the left. At the end of this new hall was branching paths to the left, one going straight, and one going to the right as the group looked down the hall. Floating in the air in the center of the passage is a scroll. Once plucked from the air and opened, the scroll would read in common "A path chosen wrongfully first leads to saddened ends, a path chosen rightfully leads to a wonderful gem. Straight or turn, turn or Straight, a capital arraignment shall you go forth. Remember your prize, for it is the key."

Lynara/Damalys/Kawisa/Myorga

Upon making their way down the hallway, they would turn and see a large cavernous opening, fifteen feet long, thirty feet wide. In the center of the room a large beast of sorts, sleeping currently. On inspection, it would have the head of a hawk, black and gray feathered wings, and the body of a large black lion. A griffon, but three to four times larger than the standard griffon. A pulse of arcane runes ran along its body, and a soft hum of a melody played in the room.

“Hmph, a half-drake that can’t control the power? Foolishness, that being is just lazy. Any power can be control with sufficient training and time. They’re just half gunning it and gave up when they hit the first block. Mmn, should’ve blown the tower in some way.”
“So we’re dealing with a relative of yours that wishes to be a full dragon so badly that he literally made the most predictable thing that a dragon could make with enough power and they now have a grudge or something against you Miss Kersia. Sometime one must count their blessings…”

Orlok wasn’t overly enthused that their captor trapped them in the first place not to mention that they were too weak to do anything themselves. At least a full dragon was prideful enough to handle a problem on their own. Nil wasn’t amused either as it was turning into a bit of a botched family mess. The two watched Kersia investigate and finally activate their…task. And a collective groan from the two came out.

“A cliche for sure but that’s an annoying riddle. Remembering the number of steps of an incomprehensible number?”
“One.”

Nil turned to Orlok as he delivered his answer, almost amazed he spoke so quickly and with that much confidence. The armored elf crossed his arms as to signify that was all the thinking he was delivering on the matter before he spoke his reason.

“No matter the length or steps in the journey, no matter the actions, you always remember the one journey itself. The steps are irrelevant. That’s my answer anyway.”
“I’m actually thinking two myself. The whole point of wandering is to not remember the journey but to just take it. But you remember the step that started it and the step that ended it. What does everyone else think?”

Nil turned to the others to hear their answers or possible rebukes of the riddle answer they gave.

Vesthi nodded in agreement. She was hoping to cut this journey short, but she supposed any efforts to cheat this ridiculous game they were meant to play would be potentially fatal. She turned her attention to Kersia and followed her to where the runes on the wall started. They appeared as any other magical runes. Nothing special or extravagant about their magic, that she could tell. She read the riddle to herself and listened to the other’s reply. Noticing the first blue arcane claw print she found the second large claw print. Easy to spot as it was glowing on the floor. It faced down the hall to the left. Vesthi carefully stretched a step to the corner of the hall and peered around the corner. It was a dead end. Another glowing claw print on the floor at the dead end pointed back at them.

"What does everyone else think?" Nil turned to the others to hear their answers[…]. Vesthi grunted. She carefully examined the glowing claw prints. She crouched before the one nearest her, and then turned her gaze to the glowing print down the hall. “Mathematically speaking, zero is an incomprehensible number.” Vesthi said softly, thinking aloud. “It’s existence is a paradox. How can you count nothing. Have, hold, quantify something that isn’t there. Yet, we include it anyway.”

Vesthi took a long stride and positioned herself to face down the hall, crouching just behind and over the first glowing claw print. “How many apples do you have in your hand if you don’t have any apples in your hand?” Vesthi turned her faceless gaze down the hall one more time. “What if, it’s not about a step?” It had been a while since Vesthi had done something truly reckless, but she had a pretty good hunch about this. Stretching out her clawed hand she placed it firmly over the glowing claw print.

Myorga nodded. “I supposed that will have to do for now. We’ll get to further details should the need arise.” She turned her head just as she heard Kawisa speak again. What he said confused her.

She gave Kawisa a puzzled look before saying, “I’ll have to ask you more about that later.” She then turned to head down the hallway. Upon coming to the bend, she turned left and came face-to-face with a large room containing an unusual beast.

She stopped and then turned to Damalys and whispered. “I suppose now would probably be a good time to know who you are and what you do before we just charge in there.”