Stolen Crystal [RP/IC] [Closed]

Laatu was in the midst of the field at dawn, just behind Kersia, practicing her swings. One of the benefits of her former demonic corruption, her body was very nearly tireless, able to keep operating for a month straight without so much as a wink of sleep. Laatu ceased her swings to turn to the gathering crowd, watching silently. None had left the tavern to inquire after her, nor seek conversation from her, and she was not one to intrude upon another unduly.

Still, she turned towards the Illidari, who seemed wholly unarmed. That, Laatu decided, was unacceptable. So, strapping her blade to her back, Laatu strode towards the Illidari, holding out one arm, as she called upon her blessings. Slowly, weapons started to materialize in her grasp. Practically a pair of daggers in her gargantuan grip, she glanced down at them, and nodded approvingly. When she finally arrived at the Illidari’s circle, she knelt down, and set the twin warglaives upon the soil. “An Illidari is but half-formed, without their blades. These may not be yours, but may they serve you just as well.” Laatu said.

They were golden, and infused with an arcane light. Moreover, they seemed nearly indestructible. Nearly. At the least, no metal born of Azeroth would shatter them. They were also rune-scriven, but only a Vrykul could decipher what was written. Still, the runes seemed to carry power, which Vesthi could no doubt use.

With that concluded, Laatu stood, and rolled her shoulder. Strangely, the arm that proferred the blades seemed… dimmer, than before.

1 Like

Aanka walked out of the tavern, encountering many of the adventurers. She approached Orlok, the person she had seen last with her glaive.

“Do you know where my-” She began, but stopped as her eyes focused on his waist. "Can I have my glaive? I need it to fight and defend myself properly.

“Don’t forget you also need it to throw at people when you have a tantrum.” Kawisa said to Aanka as he was walking over. In his hand was the staff he pulled from his portal last night. strung across his chest was a leather strap with the small collection of vials secured safely.

“Do try to remember who is our on side today, yes?” He asked the druid. Kawisa looked around to see who was all already up and ready. It was impossible to miss Laatu. Then there was a Sin’dorei and his daughter looking as brooding as ever. The temperamental druid who Kawisa wasn’t sure if she was going to be a boon or a hindrance. Off far in the distance, he made out the shape of the flirty woman from yesterday. He wasn’t sure why she didn’t want to be part of the group, but he didn’t care to go out of his way to figure out why. The Demon Hunter seemed more… alert this morning. Kawisa silently watched the exchange with the eredar forging the weapons.

Kersia was on the horizon talking with herself, which meant there was a problem that she couldn’t figure out. Kawisa learned to let her arrive to a point she wanted to test before approaching. Any sooner and all he got was a grumpy comment about interrupting her thought process.

With that he decided to approach the eredar and Demon Hunter again. “Morning greetings.” He said to the two of them. This close he could certainly tell the demon hunter was acting much more like the lithe lethal hunters he had heard about and not the drunk staggering fool from yesterday.

He looked up at the eredar. “I wanted to ask you about your mount once more. Even if he is no longer able to share the culture of the netherdrakes to Raiku, he can still assist me in other ways. I am trying to restore Raiku’s form to him and it would help if I had a point of reference to study. During our travels, would you mind if I collected information from Nyxus’s form and magical signature?”

1 Like

Lynara had sat in the tavern for the entire night. Migrating to the fire at one point to watch. That was the one thing she couldn’t stand. Not being able to sleep was unsettling to say the least. When dawn came she gathered her things and went outside. A sharp whistle brought her hippogryph over. The undead creature nuzzled against her as she filled the knife sheaths on her legs and chest.

She approached the group as she heard the Druid ask. “But that is how they like it. For you to be defenseless. So much easier to cut your throat.” She walked over to one of the pillars of the collapsed bridge and sat atop it.

1 Like

“Hmph that depends. Do you have enough self control to responsibly handle a potential projectile weapon? Judging by your performance last night, giving it to you may encroach upon everyone’s safety during the mission.”

Taking his attention off of Kersia, Orlok’s helm stared at the Night Elf, unsure if she could be trusted with anything other than her wits. If just a few daggered words about her precious leader could rouse her to actions like she did last night, then a measly taunt from an enemy could get her and the rest of them killed. It may’ve been mocking but the words of the “Ren’dorei,” if that was he really was, held some biting truth in it. However Nil wanted to smooth the waters over, even if the concerns of her father were warranted.

“Father, I ask that her glaive be returned. If she needs it then without it she’d be useless in a fight. No need to hamstring a party member before we even begin.”
“…”

Against his better judgement, Orlok took off the holster that held the glaive and handed the whole thing, weapon and holster to the Night Elf. He was not happy about it.

“Keep that weapon sheathed unless you have an enemy at your throat. Do not make me regret letting you have this again. You certainly haven’t earned the trust for it.”

Vesthi sat and quietly watched each person arrive at the broken bridge. Now that her vision had cleared she could finally see what she had missed the night before.

The woman that hid her inner worgen was more obvious now. Vesthi could see the tell tale signatures of the curse she carried. There was so much about her now that Vesthi just didn’t see the other night. She made a mental note to keep an eye on her, as she was bound to be a valuable asset in the field.

The darkly armored man and young woman from before was now quite obviously a Sin’dorei, and if memory served the young woman was his daughter. Of course, she could plainly see the familiar resemblances in more ways than one. They tended to carry themselves similarly with much the same aura. She of course was much more magically inclined, Vesthi had noted from the bit of work she had witnessed the night before. But now that her mind was clear she could plainly see the intricacies of the spell work she wove. Quite the talented little Magistirix she will become. Her father was also of a serious disposition, which Vesthi appreciated. Even valued. Clear minded and level headed, he clearly didn’t suffer fools and wasn’t shy about speaking his mind. Genuine people like him were actually quite few and far between. Vesthi made a mental note to also keep an eye on this pair, more so to watch over the daughter lest something terrible befoul a promising future.

Speaking of no nonsense, Vesthi noted the arrival of a small swirling nexus of natural energies. A magical signature so indicative of Druids. It made Vesthi’s thin black lips smirk just a little when she approached the black armored Sin’dorei and asked he return her glaive. Vesthi appreciated the rebuke the armored Sin’dorei offered the Druid before begrudgingly returning her weapon. She had a mind to utter a comment of her own, but decided against it. His words more than sufficed. Better to keep silent for now and just observe.

Vesthi barely noticed the arrival of another. A rather shapely woman in leathers that distinctly carried the aura of Red Dragon magics. She practically smelled of them. She couldn’t quite remember seeing her the day before. No sooner did Vesthi notice the woman than her vision was blocked by a hug bright obstruction.

The shimmering blot of energy could have been only one thing. Vesthi pinched the bridge of her nose with a sigh, and dialed back her visual sensitivity. Lightforged, She groaned in her mind. Always so damned blinding. Much to her surprise the large shimmering Eredar produced a pair of glimmering war glaives in one gigantic hand. The weaving of magic was incredibly intricate and unfathomably fascinating to behold. Vesthi was left rather speechless when this behemoth offered them to her. Here she was, a Demon Hunter. A being so diametrically opposed to the nature of a Lightforged being that her very presence was antagonistic to them. It was as if these two were cosmically created to oppose one another, but yet here she was; offering a kindness. Vesthi witnessed their creation and examined them a good moment longer before reaching out and caressing a blade with her clawed demonic finger. Vesthi turned then, slightly, to the huge Eredar that glowed in her vision and muttered. “Thank you, Lightforged. You have outdone yourself.”

And truly, the Eredar had. Vesthi took each glaive, one at a time, and hefted their weight in her grasp. Taking her time to further admire their golden forging. Vesthi further commented. “Valajar? Are these the rune-script of the Halls of Odyn?” Vesthi was privately in awe. That they were forged by the power of the Valajar made them infinitely more valuable to her. It was the one place she would never admit that she desired to visit but knew she never could, given what she was. Were she capable, Vesthi might have shed a little tear in gratitude. These were precious implements not given lightly. Vesthi didn’t have the heart to tell her that she never found much use of Glaives. She would carry them proudly, regardless.

Tolbyas relaxed as Kersia appeared to diffuse the situation. It was a rather uncharacteristic action for the woman to take, but it seemed she knew the tavern keeper in some regard. He smirked, he half expected the blue to antagonize the pair into a duel so she could study them. Still, the less destruction before the mission even begins, the better.

As everyone finished their time in the tavern and made their way into the guest rooms, Tolbyas joined them. He made his way into one of the smaller rooms and set about getting ready to sleep. Once situated under the tough cotton blanket, he reached into his shoulder pouch on the floor beside him and pulled out a small radio. After playing with the dials for a moment, a blue light flickered to life across the top.

“You awake?” Tolbyas spoke softly.

A tapping came from the other side of the radio, followed by sounds of motion. “Hey! Give that to me! Sterixia! Now!” Mortre’s voice cut through the static of the radio and a loud series of noises from the connect radio exchanging holders caused Tolbyas to flinch.

Tolbyas chuckled as he imagined what was happening on the other end. “Take that as a yes?”

He could hear Mortre’s snarl. “Yes, yes. So, how goes the 'venture?”

“Hardly started and there is already discourse within our ranks. Nothing serious but just something to watch out for.”

“Of course, groups have their disagreements. How many showed up?”

“More than I expected.” Tolbyas laughed. “Though we already lost one. Our group is currently twelve strong. A mixed bag of tricks to be sure, one is even a giant lightforged eredar.”

“Good, means they can be the target. Don’t die okay?”

“I didn’t plan on it.”

Mortre chucked. “Sterixia and I were about to hunt, but check in again some time okay?”

Tolbyas smiled. “Alright, happy hunting.” He hit a few buttons and the blue light faded on the radio. He put the device away and rolled over in the bed to sleep.

Tolbyas made his way out of the tavern after a quick cup of coffee and approached the growing group by the bridge. The eredar was behind the ever pacing pandaren, while the rest formed up in front of them.

“If I may Miss Kersia, allow me to cut to the chase. What can we expect in this mission and what are we supposed to kill? If we are going to this blue dragon altered land, then some great magic must be at work and something or someone needs to die to stop it am I correct?”

The man’s question fell on deaf ears as Kersia appeared too lost in thought to even notice most of the group had gathered. Tolbyas was about to answer as he approached but the druid approached the man first and asked for her weapon back. After a few words her confiscated weapon was returned. It would only be a hindrance if they had someone unable to defend themselves, though a druid has more than physical weapons.

Tolbyas approached Orlock. “As for your question to Kersia, I can hazard an answer. She doesn’t know, and it is driving her mad inside.” He chuckled. “Regardless, we can make a few guesses based on what we found in the lab. Two broke into the lab to steal a soul crystal that housed an ancient black dragon soul. Kersia’s inner labs are protected with an array of enchantments forming a complex spell. To gain entrance to them, your mana is required to be imprinted into the spell. These two bypassed that system without any trouble, meaning they are more than likely related to someone Kersia has granted access to.”

Tolbyas scratched his head as he tried to remember the workings of the spell. “The enchantment is loose enough for some error, just because we change over time and may not have the exact same mana imprint as before, but similar enough. That means relatives could gain access.”

Kersia snapped out of her absorbed pacing as she heard Tolbyas explaining her lab to the group. She approached, most seemed to be at the ready. "… That means relatives could gain access."

“Correct.” Kersia cut Tolbyas’s explanation off. “Which leads me to believe at least one of the pair is related to Mortre, a close friend of mine. It would stand to reason, as the soul crystal housed Mortre’s first. He probably had descendants of his own. With naught but that to go on, I would assume both were part of their lineage. But one of the pair exhibited, though somewhat weak, arcane spell weaving. Though not impossible for them to learn in, it does open the possibility that the second was of a different lineage. I just don’t know whose.”

Kersia sighed and rubbed her temples. “Regardless, they are who we are to kill, maim, destroy, incapacitate, or whatever. I don’t care, I just want the crystal back. It would be safe to assume at least one of the pair is a black dragon, if not both.” Kersia moved towards her rylek. “In any case, daylight burns. Let us be off.” She got onto Tiana’s back and the rylek took to the skies, climbing up in the air to get over the mountain.

The tower of their venture was not hard to spot as the crested the mountain tops. It looked like a standard stone castle tower, unassuming in shape. The only oddity was its size. The toward was easily 200 feet tall or more, and 100 feet wide. A pulse of blue arcane energy spidered its way up through the stonework. Kersia circled the tower twice as she sought other means of entrances, but there were none save for a single large door. No windows, no rooftop access. Just a door large enough to fit an aspect.

Kersia landed Tiana a small ways away and waited for everyone else to catch up as she studied the building. Something was definitely off in the flow of mana and energy around the place.

Aanka accepted the glaive, and then bowed before Orlok and his daughter. “Thank you. I acted horrible yesterday, and it is right for you not to trust me.”

The two elves looked at each other in thought before nodding and getting on their mount. Fair enough but a bit conceited. While he did now confirm that both Kersia herself and possibly this Tolbyas person were dragons, he had to note Kersia’s conceited notion that Black Dragons were inept at spellwork. They were masters of many things, disguise and machinations chief among them, and learning the “realms” of other dragons was not outside the scope. One could be among them and they’d never know. As they flew, Nil tapped Orlok on the shoulder.

“Father if that crystal holds a black dragon then the power that soul could hold…”
“Yes… There is a chance. We’d be banking on a resonance but we may be able to undo you curse. …Once again I must apologize. No father should do this to his daughter without consent.”
“I told you it’s fine. You did what you had to and it saved me.”

As they landed near Kersia, Orlok got off his mount and scanned the area, his HUD looking for any humanoid or Drakanoid shaped signatures. One of his hands on one of his weapons as he did so. Nil wasn’t far behind and seemed to do the same. A deep crimson colored fireball already half conjured.

“Nilanth, scan the area for enemies. Anything here needs to die quickly before any alert can be sounded. Make sure to fully incinerate.”
“Already on it father.”

1 Like

Aanka watched Orlok, Nil, and Kersia set off into the air. She quickly morphed into a large owl, twirling through the air after them. She landed gingerly on the snow just before the tower, cringing. Even she could feel the wrongness emanating from the place, the way the mana was completely off.

Laatu gave a firm nod. “It is one of the blessings Odyn granted me, when he pulled me from the battle to seize the Tomb of Sargeras.” She paused. “I had thought that day would be my last. I marched against the hordes of Nathrezim-serving fools, thinking, surely, this would be my final stand.” She took a breath.

“But, allow me to correct your error… I am not Lightforged, and I am most certainly not one of the meek Draenei.” There was a certain measure of scorn in the way she spoke the word ‘Draenei’. “If I am forged of anything, then it is a Titan’s power. I am Laatu, Valarjar, born of Argus, and champion of a thousand battles. I do not flee from my foes, I measure them by the edge of my blade.” She declared, proudly.

When Kawisa stepped forward and inquired after Nyxus, Laatu gave a brief nod. “You may. When we arrive, I expect I will be tasking Nyxus to establish air superiority.” Laatu permitted.

1 Like

Lynara sighed as Kersia and Tolbyas flew off followed by a few others. She whistled before standing and jumping off the end of the bridge, emerging from below on her mount. The undead beast followed closely behind the others.

Lynara looked at the tower, she was trying to figure out what seemed off about it. She watched the arcane energy weave its up up the edges of the masonry. “I thought it would be larger to be honest.” She said aloud. “Not a lot of room for a dragon to maneuver in there.” She checked her poisons and took out a small grenade twice the size of her fist. The only markings on it was a skull marking painted onto it. She tucked it into her carry pouch as they would probably leave their mounts outside.

She had six daggers each laced with poison tucked on either side of her armor. Her bow and a full quiver on her back and two short swords on her hip. The Dark Ranger was ready for whatever challenge was thrown at her.

Myorga finished her breakfast in peace and then headed out of the tavern to join Kersia where she had seen the mage on the broken bridge. As she made her way outside, she glanced around the sky. A few minutes later, she she put two fingers in her mouth and let out a sharp whistle.

Nothing.

She whistled again.

Still nothing. She frowned.

She rummaged around in her backpack and produced a warhorn. Before she could put it to her lips, her face lit up. Off in the distance a large bird appeared on the horizon. As it flew closer, it became more and more apparent that it was no bird, but rather the wolfhawk she rode the day before. Eventually, the creature arrived at the ledge and landed with a huge gust of wind. The wolfhawk jumped around and licked Myorga’s face.

“Hey now, calm down!”, she exclaimed. “I almost had to use the horn…you know I don’t like when you wander off.” She scolded the beast. It let out a whine before letting out a short growl that turned into a sort of bark and then licked her face again. “Okay, okay, okay”, she said, “I can’t be mad at you. C’mon, people are gathering and we need to see where we’re headed today.”

With that, she turned and headed towards the bridge where Kersia was standing, with the wolfhawk close behind her, panting and hanging its tongue out of its mouth. As she approached she heard the elf from the night before asking, “If I may Miss Kersia, allow me to cut to the chase. What can we expect in this mission and what are we supposed to kill? If we are going to this blue dragon altered land, then some great magic must be at work and something or someone needs to die to stop it am I correct?”

Her ears perked up at the last question and she waited for the answer. However it came from the night elf she had missed last night. She studied his face as he answered but he was cut off by Kersia.

Myorga rolled her eyes. Drama… the dark voice muttered.

“Regardless, they are who we are to kill, maim, destroy, incapacitate, or whatever. I don’t care, I just want the crystal back."

“Kill it is…”, she said to no one in particular and grabbed her rifle. She pressed a button on the side and the weapon hissed and opened up to reveal a magazine inside loaded with rubber bullets designed to stun opponent. She flicked a lever and the magazine dropped out and into her hand. She put it on her belt and grabbed another magazine loaded with sharply tipped metal bullets. The bullets also appeared to have a foul magic wisping around them. She placed the magazine inside and with another hissing sound, the weapon closed back up. She returned it to its place on her back and tuned back in to what people were saying.

"In any case, daylight burns. Let us be off."

Myorga nodded and turned to climb into the saddle of her wolfhawk. As the jet engines on the rylak sprung to life, she gently prodded her wolfhawk which be ran running to the ledge. At the last second, it leaped forward and unfurled its mighty wings and began climbing. She guided her mount in a lazy circle around the lodge, waiting for everyone else to take flight and follow Kersia.

Vesthi stood. She offered the towering Eredar a nod as she corrected the Demon Hunter. “Of course. My mistake. I can sense the arcane pulse within you,” She hefted the glaives in each hand. “And I can fell it’s vibration in these blades.” Truly remarkable. “The Nathrezim are no mere foe. Cunning and dangerous in the extreme. If Odyn saw fit to claim you for his own then I can only imagine war you waged among them.” She turned her face up to meet the Eredar’s gaze. “I am Vesthi Felwhisper, Rakei ((butcher)) of the Illidari, named Eater of Souls. I look forward to battle at your side.” Vesthi grinned.

Vesthi turned to the void elf that had joined them. She gave him a brief glance from head to toe. “There’s something strange about you, Elf.” She said plainly. “I don’t want to alarm you, but there is another energy attached to your own. Looks like it could be parasitic.” Vesthi turned and made her way to the edge of the broken bridge. She turned back to the void elf. “Come find me at the tower and we’ll speak more on it, if you like.”

As the undead elf had done mere moments before, Vesthi stepped off the ledge and disappeared into the chasm. Daegon, her Felbat, lifted to the skies with a loud shriek beating powerful wings, Vesthi astride his back. As he made his altitude following the others who were flying, Vesthi rumaged through one of her satchels and found a length of leather. She pulled it to the length of her arms from hand to hand, then deftly wrapped it around her chest, creating in impromptu cradle for her pair of glaives. Securing them to her back she urged Daegon onward.

As the tower came into view she began assessing the flows of energy and magical weaving of the structure itself, as well as how it related to it’s environment. Perhaps it was being sustained by an exterior power source, or some fault she could see worth manipulating. Daegon circled his descent and landed not far off from where the darkly clad Sin’dorei and his daughter had landed. She took a cue from his warning and began scanning the area for any signs or magical signatures of Draconic presence.

Kora, watched the goings on, too many no nonsense types in this group. She felt unlike herself, normally she would teasing and talking to people, but she got the feeling no one here would appreciate either, People need to learn to lighten up. Especially for mortals whose lives were so short, even during a mission there was nothing wrong with having a little fun. She waved her hand and conjured her spectral pegasus as Kersia took off.

The red sighed, she hated having to act like anything other than herself, but for the sake of Kersia’s mission she would.

Darak spent the night mostly working on his alchemy kit, not needing sleep, but most importantly, he is worrisome about it, considering the one vision he was forced to experience.

but non the less, he created a few serums and potions that night, upon daybreak when the others waking up, he notices that moment he gets outside they are prepared too leave.

approaching the location he left Blightmaw, he notices that its devouring a dead animal, inspection it closer reveals it to be a deer

“see you gotten yourself a snack Blightmaw… no matter, you can take it with you, but we are leaving now.” he said this as he walked up to it too mount up upon it.

the undead dragon takes its prey into it’s jaws as it walks forward slowly, spotting the others, it than expands his wings and begins flying off towards the mountain pass.

arriving on the other side, he examined the tower, not exactly impressed, he gazes at the tower, examining it for any points in it’s defenses and size, noting how smaller it seems to be used for dragons, circling it a few times with the others.

he landed near the others, he noticed a few others arrived before him, he approached them.

pulling out an skull themed urn, he uses his necromancy on the corrupted ashes, turning what he can into a Ghoul. his undead dragon approached it’s master and let off a low growl.

“Blightmaw, stay in the area, kill anything that might prove a current threat to me.” moment he said this, it looked at the party letting off a threatening growl.

“Not them…” he said as too wave off his undead dragon, “not yet anyway.” he mutters the last part to himself.

The ghoul complete, it looked around for it’s master, it slowly approached it’s master, letting out it’s usual weak growl. “Master…?” it asked.
“Stay by my side and attack anything hostile, you will feast soon.” pulling out his sword, he gazed at the others.

“I’m prepared, so what is the situation?” he said quietly too the others near the entrance.

However, seeing Lynara, he only gave her a quick glare, (and too damalys if he’s there as well)

Damalys agreed with Lynara in terms of the suggestion retreating to the tavern for the night as he made his way to the room setting down his satchel and sword before dressing down for sleep and being sure to keep a small blade under his pillow in the event of an intruder.

Present day- Dawn

Damalys arose,showered and donned on a clean version of a similar garb he had on the previous day before placing on his armor,goggles and hooded cloak. He grabbed his satchel and the blade he had under his pillow re-holstering it to his boot then proceeded to make his way down the steps. He gave a small nod to Lynara and the others before giving a subtle glare back to Darak,he was up to something he just wasn’t sure what yet. Damalys/Steel Maverick made his way to the gyrocopter flicking on the right switches to warm up the engines for take off.

“Right then,time to go to work,sooner we find this thing,the better.” He murmured before taking off into the air following the other towards what may appear to be a tower of sorts “Looks narrow,I’m going to have to calculate carefully if I want to land smoothly,mayhap I’ll descent at a 90 degree angle.” Damalys grabbed ahold of the copter’s shift gear and pulled down to descend “C’mon baby,we’ve gotten this far I know you can do it…” He gave a grin pulling back on the gear at the last second landing the vehicle and breathed a sigh of relief before hopping out,sheathing his sword and clipping a few engineering nic knacks and explosives satchel to his belt. “So this is the place,huh?”

Kawisa let out a sigh as Raiku processed the words. Parasite? PARASITE?! I’ll show that fel-drinking knife-eared leech who is the parasite! Raiku raged in Kawisa’s mind, quickly earning the elf a headache. Unfortately the object of the drake’s wrath was already way ahead flying along with Kersia. Kawisa turned to Laatu once more. “Thank you for that. Studying such a prime example of the netherdrake form will help my research drastically. However, it will have to wait since we are on the move.”

Kawisa simply let Raiku go on while he called over the mana ray. There was no point in falling behind. Falor didn’t take long to reach him and soon Kawisa was airborne as well. He studied the tower as they approached. No doubt the place had layers upon layers of enchantments. Teleporting in or out would be challenging, Kawisa simply hoped they didn’t have anything that would interfer with his void portals. Once he was done with his aerial inspection as well, he landed near Kersia. Kawisa only gave a minute glance at the undead that Darak summoned before facing the tower.

Talking to Kersia, Kawisa commented. “I don’t suppose you saw any other entrances did you?” He asked. “Otherwise it looks like its going to be the front door. Not an idea I am excited about.”

Tolbyas circled in the air on the back of Shadowwing, scruitinizing the area for any other entrances. Anything at all. But he failed to find even a window to breech. No, this would have to be a front door affair, and there would certainly be traps.

The others had landed and started their own initial assessments as Tolbyas slid off of Shadowwing. He approached Kersia as Kawisa did.

”I don’t suppose you saw any other entrances did you? Otherwise it looks like it’s going to be the front door. Not an idea I am excited about.”

Tolbyas chuckled. “What? Afraid of a few traps are ya?” He glanced around at the gathered party. “Sorry to say you best prepare yourself then, master. There isn’t a hole big enough other than the front. Nary a window in sight.”