Stolen Crystal [RP/IC] [Closed]

Darak was looking over a few of the people around him, so far he only saw three elves, a strange one, as well as the two that seemed to be uneasy about something.

however his thoughts were interrupted as he heard someone speak in his general direction.

This caused him too look at the demon hunter slowly, but casually as if he were not affected by the response.

Grinning slightly, “I’m beyond just of a Necromancer, but i doubt you are interested in that.” he says in a quiet tone.
“But yes, i am familiar with the area, Northrend was in it’s prime, a land of death, cold and harrowing times, for the living that is.”

“Even the dragons you see here, would fear the scourge, but alas, this is and was not scourge territory, this area is dedicated to the Blue Dragons, Ignorant creatures mostly, but some among them are impressive.” pondering his thoughts, he rubs his bleached white beard.

“But if you are curious at the sight where Illidan lost to the Lich King, Arthas Menethil, that place is far from here.” he grinned a bit more at this, hoping the name might make a few elves angry if they were over hearing the conversation.

“Alas, you asked of here, so i will tell you, this is territory too the Blue dragons, like i said, they dabble in the arcane and magical abilities, even they used too twist nature with they’re magics, They are dangerous, but i doubt we would face a lot of them, after all, they are nearly extincted and weakened.”

taking a quick glance around the tavern, “I expect they might have lesser creatures, maybe elves and a few humans dedicated too their flock.” he says as he turns back to the demon hunter.

“But don’t expect the hordes of undead to swarm you, not yet anyway… so long as i am here, the local undead should not harm anyone near us.” at that he grinned with a sinister tone to it.

“Unless i find a threat among us that is.” he looks over again at the others, maybe that he suspects certain elf might be an enemy.

1 Like

Kawisa landed not long after the rest of the group. He was in no rush and had nothing to prove rushing to the destination, plus it allowed Raiku to have the time he needed to sort himself out. They followed Kersia into the inn and waited for her to finish receiving the report.

“Alright. Restock and rest here. We’ll venture to the tower in the morning. Make sure you have all your affairs in a row and equipment tuned up. There is no telling what lies within. All attempts to gain entrance have failed.” She sighed.

Kawisa made his way to one of the unoccupied tables. As it turns out, there were many. He set a small pouch on the table and began to rifle through it, if anyone was close enough to see inside, they would see a handful of similarly sized purple crystals. Once he found the one he was apparently looking for, he set his bag on the ground beside the table and set the crystal in the middle of the table.

He held his hand over the surface of the crystal and a thin beam of arcane shoot between his hand and the stone. The stone started to glow as the beam persisted. After just a moment, the stone let out a chime and Kawisa pulled away his hand, ending the beam yet the stone still glowed. The air above the crystal began to shimmer.

Kawisa looked around the tavern as he waited for the stored spell to finish weaving itself. The flirty elf had left the group before they got to the inn. Tolbyas was getting dinner. The undead man that had walked in from the wastes was doing… things. Things that Kawisa would love to know about, but not exactly witness. It wasn’t long before the drunk Demon Hunter joined the man. The callous Sin’dorei and his daughter went to their own table in the back. Kawisa was certainly interested in the make of that armor, but that would involve conversing with the elf and his dated ideals. Which excited Kawisa a whole lot less. He let out a huff as the human hunter went out of her way to engage with them.

A soft humm brough Kawisa’s focus back to his crystal. hovering over the crystal was a void rift. Contained within was a small pocket realm. Really it was a small corner of the Twisting Nether enchanted and protected to only be accessed through the spell signature etched in the crystal. Kawisa began reaching in and grabbing various glass vials filled with various liquids. He only grabbed a couple of each variety. Some potions to close wounds and mend bones, some to free the mind of complusion, among various other effects. He also grabbed on filled with a light purple mixture. A certain transformation potion that needed only a reagent of the one would be shaped, and another of the shape they wished to take. After curing the druid of Kersia’s original potion, he kept one around in case it ever proved useful.

Stasified with his selection of potions, he began adding them to a leather band that would go around his chest during the approach of the tower the next morning. THe spacial rift remained open above the crystal.

Aanka flew closer to the ledge, eyeing Myorga’s weapons as she landed on the soft grass. She had once been mistaken as game by a human hunter in the Hinterlands.

Alright. Restock and rest here. We’ll venture to the tower in the morning. Make sure you have all your affairs in a row and equipment tuned up. There is no telling what lies within. All attempts to gain entrance have failed.” Kersia sighed.

Aanka was tired. She wished she had a moonwell nearby. At least something to remind her of home. Aanka had heard of the Night Elf settlement in Dragonblight. If only she had stopped there on the way to Wyrmrest Temple…

Instead, all she did was walk to the tavern after Tolbyas.

Laatu strode to one of the larger standing stones, sitting down to whet her blade for the battles to come, Nyxus laying down beside her, snorting at the passing red dragons as he did.

Laatu’s eyes scanned the residents of the Ledge, taking stock of the dragons and magi in silence. Trained ears listened for any conversations of interest to listen in on, trained eyes measured the discipline of those around her.

Vesthi turned to face the room as she listened to the man’s explanations. Beyond a Necromancer? That peaked Vesthi’s curiosity. If he meant he was something a kin to a Lich, that would be interesting. Very interesting. A pain of regret squeezed her heart that her old friend couldn’t be here to meet this man. Her friend would have found his man very fascinating. Vesthi’s ear twitched as the man continued to describe the undead paradise that Northrend was once. “Sounds like a fun place.” She murmured between the man’s explanations.

He continued to describe the reign of Dragons. This was less fascinating. Vesthi had little use of Dragons. She didn’t have an opinion of them one way or the other. Being so demonically focused, as Demon Hunters tend to be, Dragons were usually of little concern. The man called them “ignorant creatures” saying that some among them were “impressive”. Vesthi made a mental note of this offered information regardless.

Vesthi hadn’t been curious at the site where Illidan was defeated by the Lich King. She knew it happened near Ice Crown, which she’d guessed was some distance from here. She had no interest in revisiting the past. Lord Illidan’s failures were his own. In the end, it mattered little. Sargeras still fell by Illidan’s machinations.

Vesthi listened as the man described this territory of the “blues”. She made a mental note of how impressive they apparently were at channeling Arcane powers. Twisting nature huh? Dangerous, indeed. As the man described however, they were most likely going to encounter the followers of these dragons. Thralls and worshipers, as Vesthi understood it.

Vesthi shifted in her seat, leaning a little more over her table toward the man as he explained how she should not worry about the undead swarming so long as he was near. Increadible, Vesthi thought. This man is actually claiming to be a Lich. Vesthi’s vision was still muted and unreliable, much to her irritation. Otherwise, she’d been able to more accurately judge if this man was merely boasting or if he could back up his claims of power.

Vesthi followed the man’s gaze over the others that gathered in the tavern. “You do well to stay alert. Your instincts may serve you well. To that end, I am in need of… a recharge. Of sorts.” Vesthi drew in and slowly released a deep sigh. “I was hoping there might be some area nearby rife with demonic infestation, but…” Vesthi paused to gather her thought. “Seems I’ll need to make due with what I have at hand.”

Not looking at the man, Vesthi slightly tilted her veiled head at the man, still speaking in a low private tone. “Thank you for your candor. I am Vesthi Felwhisper of the Illidari.” Vesthi stopped talking, hoping that he may feel inclined to divulge some kind of identity. She had no way to confirm her suspicions, only that she had a sense that this was a man to keep as an ally. Especially in light of potential battles that were in their future.

Orlok and Nil saw the human come over to them and attempt at conversation. While Nil could say that she was happy for it, she was worried that Orlok would drive away this one as well. She knew it was out of caution but she believed that he was too careful. For Orlok’s part, his HUD saw nothing unusual about her. No increased Arcane levels to show a mage, no Void or Light for a Priest or whatnot, and no spike in Fel so show a Warlock or Demon Hunter.

He knew that while he was rude, he should attempt at some level of trust and camaraderie. It would be beneficial to both him and to Nilanth to build some bonds outside of Silvermoon’s territories. And so once she greeted them, Orlok turned to acknowledge her, Nil following suit.

“Yes. This place is peaceful. Some of the most peaceful I’ve been to. I suppose like the Horde, this is the closest to retirement people such as dragons and their allies can get. As long as the new Lich King’s current actions stays as the status quo.”
“I think it’s nice. I wasn’t around for the Lich King’s war but I think this place is nice. I do hope this land recovers. Father said that the Scourge as it was called, robbed this place of a lot of life. Oh where are our manners. We haven’t been introduced yet haven’t we?”

1 Like

Myorga stood up straight and turned to face the young girl that greeted her. “I’m afraid my manners are lacking as well. I’m Captain Myorga Gladstone, agent of the Gilneas Imperial Army. Here on duty to scout for Legion activity as well as Scourge activity outside the norm.” She gestured around in a vague direction.

“As you may have guessed, I’m also a refugee from Gilneas,” she said with a smile before continuing, “But have no fear, I’ve managed to adjust quite well despite the circumstances. But enough about me. Who are you two?”

Both father and daughter gave Myorga a small courtesy bow before Nil went back to tending the warblades. But she was sure to introduce herself as she did so. While addressing Myorga, Orlok made sure to keep and eye on their surrounding.

“I’m Nilanth Dawnbreaker. A Magister technically still in training. I’m traveling with my father to broaden my horizons and get some exposure to the world.”
“And I am Orlok Dawnbreaker, First Captain of House Dawnbreaker. I believe some cultures call my station a “Housecarl.” We are here at the behest of my daughter here who wanted to take this chance to see at least some of the other Dragonflights. This is a personal venture, not one of Horde sponsorship.”

Inside the tavern Aanka sat in the corner, taking in her surroundings. Small groups of mages were scattered around the inside, and a few adventurers were entering. After ordering a small fizzing drink from a barmaid, Aanka travelled up to her room and collapsed on a bed. After sharpening her glaives and practicing a few simple spells, Aanka walked back down to the main room. The Demon Hunter and the Death Knight were talking, and seemed to be finishing up. Aanka approached Vesthi. She wanted to know more about the strange Demon Hunter.

Crossing her legs beneath the table, Vesthi shifted in her seat to lean on the back of her chair, casually draping an elbow over said back. Her ears twitched then at the approach of another, one of those who had joined their merry band. Vesthi privately scoffed at the notion. Her head must have been clearing, if only the slightest, because she could feel her latent cynicism rising. Vesthi quietly drew a breath, sighed silently through the nose, and tensed her neck slightly as she recognized the one approaching to be a Night Elf. She anticipated the usual remarks of disgust or disdain she and those of her kind often illicit.

Here we go. Vesthi thought to herself.

Aanka wrinkled her nose slightly as Vesthi turned towards her in suspicion. Honestly, Aanka deserved it.

“Why did you join this…group. Don’t your Illidari have better missions for you?” She said in a teasing tone. As the words came out of her mouth she regretted them.

“Forgive me. I have become quite set in my ways…”

Darak listened too the illidari, he is still curious as too why she does not have any hate for him, but then it just comes to mind of something else.

He opens his mouth too respond to This illidari named Veshi Felwhisper, but another night elf approached her instead.

he merely growled in irritation at the night elf, he remembers a lot about how druids always tried to cure his works and even Cure a dead land.

He muttered in a language not kin to his own, if anyone heard him he would of spoken in that of Thalassian but more so in form of a insult.
(“Wretched creature.”)

He ignores the conversation the druid is trying to stir from the demon hunter by pulling out a alchemist kit, checking his supplies in the words.
mostly dark colored vials, some bright lightly, and two appear to be fel in color, being that of a blood of demonic origin.

Myorga chuckled a little at this comment. “Well I wouldn’t call myself exactly sponsored by the Alliance either. Let’s just say I’m another friendly face in the crowd. Still, it’s a pleasure to meet you two.” She smiled at the pair again and turned to find another person to meet.

Had she eyes, and the lids to match, Vesthi would have squinted at the Night Elfs’ comment. Given that her face was hidden behind a veil it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

It seemed obvious to Vesthi that the Night Elf was genuinely curious. It was a sincere question, why is an Illidari here? That she tried to mask her challenge as an innocent tease was quaint, but ultimately useless. “I remember the days when I would mask my boldness with humor or innocents, for society’s sake.” Vesthi muttered. She paused and gave a quick toothy smirk (albeit veiled) at the man’s comment. Thalassian? She continued.

“Your query has merit.” She paused. “The Illidari as a whole is rather… unfocused since the Legion’s defeat. I, personally, have found myself fairly aimless of late.” Vesthi lightly traced a clawed finger over the table top as she continued. “I am here as a personal interest. Broadening my horizons.” She flourished sarcastically with her other hand. “Seeing the world, while I seek my place within it.” Vesthi chuckled to herself. “Sounds romantically juvenile.”

“Now, time for you to answer.” Vesthi tapped the table top with her claw. “Who are you and why are you here?” She asked the Night Elf flatly, intending it to sound very much like a challenge.

Vesthi’s nostrils flared then behind her veil when the man pulled out some kind of package. She could smell faint notes of various substances. Vesthi heard the soft rattle of vials as well. Fel? Vesthi wondered. She sniffed the air again. Some substance within his bundle was most certainly Fel tainted, but she couldn’t tell what exactly. Vesthi turned slightly to the man and his bundle of vials. She spoke softly at the man. “What manner of a man carries fel samples?” Vesthi shifted uncomfortably doing nothing to mask her interest nor her eagerness to know. “…and would you be willing to part with a sample?”

1 Like

Aanka turned to him in disgust. “I don’t know much Thalassian, but I can understand that much.”

She turned back to Vesthi, just in time to hear her question.

“Well, I’m a druid from Kalimdor, though you probably already know that. I have travelled here to preserve nature in Northrend. I don’t like to see any wildlife suffer.” She finished, answering Vesthi’s question as briskly as possible. Then, under her breath, she muttered, “What a competitive elf…”

“Well, why did you choose to become a demon hunter? Who would willingly give themselves to Illidan?”

Darak grunted when he heard the night elf, not caring for her knowledge on the language native to that of quel’thalas.

hearing her comment like this made him even dislike the elf more.
“it’s a waste to try and save this land, you have better efforts in silithus.” he mutters to the druid.

upon grabbing a vial of the demonic blood he hears the demon hunter Vesthi speak towards him.

he looks up at her now with a quirked eyebrow, as he holds a vial of the liquid.

“Figured you may want it…” he exhales a sigh, handing over a vial over towards her.
“Better a illidari in control than not i assume.” he continues examining his other vials.
“And the reason for the fel blood, is because i hold onto it for research purposes, as well as maybe conducting experiments on the move.” setting another vial down to examine the other one, or even go far as mixing a few others together.

“There is no demonic invasion here yes… but for a good reason, i experimenting on demons, Though i can tell you, traitorous illidari were interesting experiments at the time.”

setting the vials away, he gazes again at Vesthi, “I am a man of many things, but least i do not wage war when our very world is en-danger of dying, like the petty factions before us these days.”

1 Like

As Myorga wandered around the place looking for an opportunity to converse with someone, she happened to overhear a quip that sounded incredibly harsh to her ears. A dark voice from within growled in displeasure and she knew she had to respond in some way.

She silently crept up beside the druidess and spoke softly, “Perhaps some don’t see the demon blood as a curse so much as a tool to be used for a purpose.” If the druidess was paying attention, she would see that Myorga’s green eyes were now yellow and glowing slightly, but not enough to be noticed by anyone else in the room. “Trust me, I know all about curses and how to use them as tools”, she said in a quiet voice. “It was your kind, a druid from Kalimdor that helped me accept who I am. You should show a little more kindness to your own people.”

She stood there waiting for a reply, but her attention was drawn elsewhere…another elf, and there did seem to be quite a few of them here, who had an aura of the void around him. She’d heard of these so-called “void” elves and having never really met one outside of a brush on the streets, it piqued her curiosity. She had to meet him.

Vesthi had heard the Nigh… the Druid’s explanation and following questions. They were natural questions of course but truth be told they were tiresome. She decided to let the Druid stew a moment and instead of answering Vesthi reached for the vial the man offered her.

It didn’t bother her that he experimented on demons, less so that he’d experimented on those fallen Illidari. Those traitors deserved as much. “I’d be interested in hearing about your experiments sometime.” She muttered as she examined the fel vial. She offered him a nod. “And I agree. This faction war is nonsense.” She held the vial between two fingers tilting it, watching the viscous contents glop from one side to the other and back again. This was exactly the cure she was after. She wouldn’t consume it just yet however. Not in front of everyone. “Old grudges and misgivings better left in the past. Buried and forgotten.”

Vesthi listened as the human woman spoke softly. Vesthi’s ears were keen enough, and they were frankly close enough, to hear much of what she had to say. Vesthi frowned a little to herself (behind her veil). Thanks to her vision still being cloudy she’d missed that this woman was one of the cursed. It irritated Vesthi that she’d missed it, and began to wonder what more she was not seeing. She needed to leave, partake of the vial substance and clear her vision, but before that…

Vesthi gestured with the vial, pointing it at the woman. “Ah, and there you have the answer. I am not her own people, am I? Not any more. Not since the day I and other like me made our fateful decision.” She held up the vial of fel liquid. Vesthi faced the Druid. “The decision to partake of the vile and unholy. To embrace the fate that was thrust upon us. To become something greater than I once was. A better tool to be wielded in the hands of the one brother who fully understood the pressing weight of inevitability. He who had the strength and foresight to act rather than wait, passively, and do nothing.”

Vesthi grasped the vial fully in her hand and leaned a bit toward the Druid, clearly challenging her into an argument. “Malfurion is a fool and his tart Tyrande short sighted. Illidan alone is to thank for our salvation. You do well to remember it.”

Aanka opened her mouth to argue, and then closed it. “I’m sorry for my ignorance. I shouldn’t have treated you that way, but I will NOT let you insult our leaders. Illidan betrayed us and fought us. Tyrande and Malfurion, on the other hand, lead us through our tough times.”

With that Aanka ignored the others and began to walk to her room. In a flash of anger she flung her glaive in the direction of Vesthi, exhaling when she heard the sound of metal meeting wood.

The sound of Aanka’s glaive embedding in what she assumed was a table caused Laatu’s head to snap up, and turn towards the tavern, which, lamentably, she couldn’t fit inside. Staring for a moment, she saw no elves emerging, and gave a deep sight, returning to the maintenance of her blade.

1 Like