Stolen Crystal [RP/IC] [Closed]

Kora sighed, “Figures, the handsome ones are always taken, my poor luck I suppose.” She smiled at him, “Don’t worry I will make sure you get back to her in one piece.” She looked around, this was even more a band of misfits than the last time she went on an adventure with Kersia. Kora was saddened to see that Vyn wasn’t coming this time, Kersia was impossible to tease in any way. She scanned the group as people began to go through the portal Kersia had opened. Her eyes settled on a blood elf male with a gyrocopter. She grinned, he might be fun to tease.

She sauntered over to Damalys and leaned over his shoulder, “An impressive piece of engineering you have there, though I would think it would better if it were built for two.”

Kersia watched Raiku and Laatu’s exchange and sighed. She approached Kawisa. “All manner of creatures can be broken and enslaved. Dragons, humans, orcs, worgen, undead, demons, even titans. It is a unfortunate fact of life. Some can even be blind to reasoning, driven to a madness of their own creation. Illogical, yet they feel logically sound, some never break free, some are changed forever, and some do recover. I would not dwell on it.” She looked on as the towering netherdrake made his way through the portal. “Trade one master for another, yet this one is ironically kinder. Is it a mercy, or a curse to lose ones mind, to be a beast? All a question for philosophy. We could debate ages but who can say what is right? No one.” Kersia smiled at the soul bound duo.

“I’m looking for Kersia. I’m supposed to help search for a criminal in the whereabouts of the Wyrmrest Temple?”

Kersia watched as everyone entered the portal and then went through herself. A new face had joined them on the other side. “Yes, yes. I am she. You wish to join us? That is fine.” Kersia snapped her fingers and the portal behind them vanished. “Our endpoint is a tower east of the Nexus. For now, we fly to Amber Ledge and rest there. Amber Ledge used to be a place where the Kirin Tor trained to ride red dragons against my… against the blue dragonflight in the Nexus War. Now it is simply an outpost for travelers with a few red dragons lazing about.”

The rylek stood proud as the engines strapped to her body hummed to life. An icy blue glow came from the plating and a bit of smoke trickled out. She stretched out her wings, eager to fly. “Shh, Tiana. Not yet.” Kersia pet the rylek’s necks before addressing the group again. “If the horde members would like to stop at Taunka’le Village, be my guest. I have no interest. Just ensure everyone is ready to fly at sunrise tomorrow out of Amber Ledge.”

(assuming no one responds. I can edit this if I need too, I just don’t want to dawdle too much on the “pregame”.)

With her words spoken, Kersia dug her heels into Tiana to signal the beast to the skies. The engines flared to life, emitting an arcane fire as she coasted in the air with little effort. The rylek flew west, straight for Amber Ledge.

1 Like

The large Felbat paused some distance from the portal. It lowered itself down onto it’s belly and pulled its wings in tight around it. Lights and colors swirled in Vesthi’s face like ethereal needles and daggers piercing her brain. It was all around her. She grimaced, teeth clenched, and slid carefully off the back of the Felbat. Her clawed fingers fumbled with a side satchel for a long frustrating moment until finally granting her access, and not a moment too soon. Finding a thin vial containing a faintly blue glowing substance Vesthi uncorcked the thin container and slowly upturned half its contents into one eye socket, and the rest into the other eye. A wave of relief washed over the Demon Hunter, drawing a pronounced sigh. The kaleidoscope of pain subsided, for the moment. Feeling the slightest bit more stable now, Vesthi returned the vial, closed the satchel and moved to another from which she began removing articles of clothing and armor.

While one by one the rest of the group made their way through the portal, Vesthi put herself to at least looking like a serious actor even if her earlier condition was less than awe inspiring. Antics some might be tempted to call them, and they’d be wrong. Vesthi didn’t drink herself into a stupor every few nights out of enjoyment. She didn’t enjoy stumbling around like a buffoon. She was a Demon Hunter. Her very presence often inspired fear and trepidation which she’d learned to enjoy for the most part. Rather, Vesthi was in pain. The kind of unspoken kind of suffering rendered by a malady few may ever truly experience in their own lifetime. On a subconscious level perhaps she’d hoped that she might find a kind of sympathy within this company, as few among them might actually understand her deep personal plight. The loss of purpose and the death of meaning. She had Illidan to thank for that, but only herself to blame.

Vesthi carefully cinched tight the dark demon-skin leggings, then set to re-wrapping her ankles and thighs, leaving her feet bare. Her own callous demon skin clawed toes often made actual boots uncomfortable and there was a kind of tactile satisfaction with feeling the ground beneath her. She fastened the twin demon-forged steel pauldrons to her shoulders and slipped each hand into matching demon-skinned gauntlets. She drew a bundle from her satchel and unfurled a purple tabard baring the emblem of Darnassus. She felt the fabric between her fingers for a moment and considered the emblem before drawing the garment of her her head with a kind of reverence. Vesthi fastened the wide fur lined belt around her waist with a satisfying click that made the large demon-forged buckle ignite with a fel glow.

Lastly, Vesthi unraveled a head piece. She considered the piece a long moment much the same way she had the purple tabard. A clawed demonic finger caressed the green crystal it bore. With a similar reverence as with her tabard, Vesthi donned the wide headpiece. Once the veil had descended over her face the fel crystal flared to life igniting with it the fel-forged pauldrons at her shoulders. She felt a brief surge of energy that cleared her mind for the moment. Her senses were still quite dulled and she was not yet back to her full capacity, but at least now she wouldn’t be completely useless.

Only one of two things could completely cure her of this particular type inebriation. A very long rest or the consumption of a demon’s soul. Neither looked to be in her immediate future, so this would have to do.

Vesthi looked back at Kersia as she offered the group clear directions and closed the portal behind them. Vesthi was a stranger in these lands, so the names of the locations offered by Kersia felt meaningless. Instead Vesthi looked to those who seemed familiar with these lands, like that lipless light-wielding abomination astride a ridiculously sized dragon. Kersia then lifted to the skies astride her two-headed Rylek.

Lifting herself back atop her Felbat Vesthi encouraged the creature to it’s feet. “Follow her, Daegon.” Vesthi muttered, indicating Kersia. With a screech the Felbat lifted them both into the skies with it’s powerful wings, eventually soaring a respectable distance behind though slightly above Kersia.

(This is before Kersia flies off, got her response through Discord)
Kawisa was silent for a moment. For someone who has been with the duo for a long time, it wouldn’t be hard to recognize that Kawisa was conversing with the drake rather than simply thinking to himself. “Raiku thanks you for the words. However, he declined to say so himself. He… needs some time to think. The massive drake over there was not what he was expecting for his first encounter with one of his own.” He blinked as he remembered the young drake from the lab. “Other than Sterixia, but this is the first that he has seen in a dragon form. Still, he knows those words to be true, but it just shocked his sense of self seeing the netherdrake like that.”

Kersia smiled in response. “You should go to Outlands. Mortre lives near a whole bunch of netherdrakes, and some still have their minds. Remember too, many of the drakes were exposed to high amounts of nether. The impact on their bodies and minds would vary greatly.”

He nodded, “Once we are done with this mission, we’ll have to do that. Besides, with how close I’m getting to a stable construct for Raiku, it will be good to study the netherdrakes for the final creation.”

Kawisa sighed as he heard Orlok’s cruel comments. “It saddens me that you maintain the vicious mentally of the traditional Sin’dorei. Just because ‘we mortals’ can doesn’t mean that ‘we mortals’ should. Its what caused us our addiction to mana.” Kawisa didn’t care much to wait for the rude elf’s reply and instead followed Kersia as she took off.

Orlok could only laugh at the Void Elf’s comment as he watched him fly off through his helm. The Sin’dorei still held their pride true, but they also recognized the dangers of things. Such dangers did the Void students ignore.
“Want to claim the moral high ground just because you prance with the Blue flag whose arms you went crying into? The height of naivety to the world. There’s one that’ll probably die painfully…”
“Let it go father. The two of you can shed each other’s blood and gore on the battlefield, not here. We need to focus on the issue at hand.”
“Very well, are our supplies taken care of?”
“Of course. We are fully prepared.”
With a nod Orlok gave the Wryvern a small kick to have it take to the skies and fly straight to Amber Lodge.

Darak merely silently laughed for a good minute till he burst out with a short laughter at what the Eredar said too him.

"Pardon, but i found this funny, you calling me a slave, it’s humorous really." he finally calms down and makes his undead dragon walk slowly away.
"The Eredar who enslaved herself to a master willingly, my suffering is not willing Eredar, but i don’t pledge myself too fools like ebon blade too ruin my Freedom, keep that in mind."

He noticed how an elf was raising his voice at another, but it was the sin’dorei that did it to the ren’dorei. “Smart elf… i may need more information on him… later on.” he pondered to himself.

he grins slightly, his mount than flies off too the lodge that everyone is headed for, keeping behind the others just in case they mistake him for a hostile target.

“More dragons?”, Myorga pondered aloud. She watched in fascination as Kersia’s mount took to the skies. A gentle prodding and her own mount took off as well. Myorga expertly guided her wolfhawk to follow the enhanced rylak, but not too closely as to get choked by the exhaust from the engines strapped to the beast. Such a cruel thing to do to a creature, she thought, and somewhere in her mind, a dark voice agreed.

She turned off to the side, and guided her mount to circle around. She made a mental note of all who were following and watched to see what kind of creatures they would ride.

Aanka morphed slowly into a large owl, shaking off the remaining arcane residue. She followed Kersia and the rest of the party through the sky, making slight twirls in the air.

As he was about to fly into the portal,Damalys blinked curiously behind his masked eyes as a woman approached him and appeared to have a very flirty tone to her pitch

He cleared his throat “Well…there are various reasoning to it being a solo seater,one given it makes for a more efficient run for dangerous missions as this one and allows me to fly faster into cloud banks in times where I need to remain scarce…if it were duel seated it would have a weight increase making the turbines work alot harder,but it would also slow down the capacitor I installed to keep it at optimum speed.” He began to go full gear head explaining the specs of the machine,the ins and outs also while looking to the portal once more “Mayhap though we should set aside the discussion of hybrid engineering [goblin and gnomish] and get through the portal,time is of the essence when artifacts come into the equation.” With that he gave a courteous nod before starting the engine making his way to the other side and using caution so as not to trigger unneeded turbulence.

Damalys/Steel Maverick landed his gyrocopter and approached Lynara to confirm his suspicions whilst goign into momentary lost thought _Probably made an a$$ out of myself just now but I just can’t seem to take my mind off you Alvarah… _Wherever in the afterlife you may be watching from,I hope one day Azeroth can be a peaceful place to inhabit,a place where those where you and I can co-exist without fear of prejudice…I miss you every day my love. He then cleared his throat “Pardon if I’m intruding but you seem familiar to me somehow. You resemble that of a relative to my late partner. If I’m mistaken then I’ll try not to trouble you further.”

Kora huffed as the man called Damalys walked away. She started making her own way to the portal, only then having it dawn on her where Kersia said they were going first. Her eyes widened in sudden fear and hesitance. She looked at the portal with anxiety, “It just had to be Amber Ledge didn’t it?” She was mumbling to herself as she went through the portal, absently waving her hand and creating a white horse with wings. She mounted the conjured creature and took to the skies.

She caught up with Kersia as they neared Amber Ledge, “Would you mind terribly if I… you know stayed on the outskirts?” The woman had to shout to be heard, “I… ummm, don’t think I will find a terribly warm welcome there.”

Laatu walked through the portal, blade secured on her back, and placed a hand on Nyxus’ hind leg when she made it through.

“If you had been listening to the briefing, rather than flirting with the males, you’d
have known our destination is Amber Ledge, which is en route to our true destination, Coldarra.” She chastened. “If you had misgivings, you should have stated them then.” The Eredar gave a sigh of frustration.

Aanka rolls her eyes.

Lynara looked over when the elf approached her. He looked familiar but at the moment she was unable to place a name with the face.

A look of recognition came over her face for the briefest of moments. A slight smile came over her face before it vanished as if it had never existed. “Hello Damalys. It has been a while since I saw you last.” She eyed him over. “As you can see I have been though quite a bit since then, as I assume you have as well. We should make our way to Amber Ledge. I will answer any questions you have there.” With that her undead mount lurched forward, carrying the Dark Ranger to her destination.

She landed near the outskirts of the Tower where she and Damalys would be able to speak privately should he so choose.

One-by-one as the party members left for their destinations, Myorga sat on her mount as it kept them aloft with its huge wings. As each one left in turn, she made a mental note.

After they all had left, she took up the rear of the main group and headed to Amber Ledge. She had only been there once before on a tour of the lands of Azeroth. Northrend had become very familiar as she tried to make a life for herself away from the ruins of Gilneas, but it seemed the frozen tundra just wasn’t meant to be her home. Nevertheless as the land beneath them flew by, she found herself reminiscing a little too fondly for her comfort. She glanced to the side to distract herself and examine the flying mounts her companions were riding. Not too far in the distance, the rylak bearing the pandaren known as Kersia glided easily, powered by its jet engines. Perhaps it’s not too cruel afterall she thought to herself. The dark voice from before was oddly silent…perhaps for the best.

Kora caught up to Kersia. ”Would you mind terribly if I… you know stayed on the outskirts? I… ummm, don’t think I will find a terribly warm welcome there.”

Kersia shrugged. “I don’t care, just be at the broken bridge at dawn.”

As the sun set and the group arrived at Amber Ledge, the normal occupants simply gave them a passing glance before going about their business. An old red dragon dozed in a floral bed on the edge of the cliff face. Kersia’s rylek landed, followed by Tolbyas on Shadowwing.

“Kersia.” A human male approached in mage robes.

“Ah, Ruzso. Any word?” Kersia smiled at the man as she hopped off her mount.

Ruzso shook his head. “Not much. Initial analysis of the tower indicates spatial magic is at play, but otherwise we have little.”

“What of the occupants?”

“Just dissenters from the Kirin Tor, they seem focused in maintaining whatever spell is making the tower.”

“Thanks.” Kersia waved her hand to dismiss the man. “We’ll head there in the morn.” She looked back at the group as Tolbyas wandered into the small town. “Alright. Restock and rest here. We’ll venture to the tower in the morning. Make sure you have all your affairs in a row and equipment tuned up. There is no telling what lies within. All attempts to gain entrance have failed.” She sighed.

Tolbyas smirked and made his way into the tavern. He took up a seat and flagged down the barkeep for some drink and food.

Darak gazed over the ledge area, it was not much, a handful of mages from the looks of it, a dragon who looked as if he were extremely lazy or just really tired.

upon landing, he looked over the area on ground floor, noticing a human approached Kersia.

dismount himself, he lands on the grass, if anyone payed attention to him, they would notice that some of the grass turned dark grey color as if it were dying.

adjusting his equipment, such as re-arrange his armor for better fit, checking hidden vials of random colored vials of dangerous liquids such as toxins and poisons.

pulling out a small urn, decorated with a white skull, green eyes and a black outer lining, he checks the inside, mostly ashes he merely grunts slightly.
“Not a lot… but enough for a ghoul or two skeletons…” he mutters not too quietly but not to loud either.

putting the urn away in a pouch, he gazes at Kersia as she speaks to the group.

“Very well, i shall be inside, if my expertise is needed, don’t bother worrying if i am asleep or not, i do not require it like you mortals.” he says as he begins departing inside.

his mount however, blightmaw begins curling up in a ball of decaying flesh an bone, as if it were alive, giving the idea that it too was resting.

inside, Darak sits himself in a dark corner, keeping an eye on the rest of the party, as if he’s spying on them.

Kora let out a sigh of relief and nodded her thanks as she veered off to the outskirts of the Ledge. Her conjured mount landed and disappeared after she dismounted. She pulled out a small cube from her pack and whispered a spell before setting it on the ground. The cube began to expand, revealing itself to be a small cabin. Kora waited until the structure finished expanding before entering the cabin and closing the door.

She sighed as she sat on the bed and rubbed her hands over her face, “Never thought I would be coming back here.” She lay down in the bed, “I would likely get kicked out anyway so its better to avoid that eventuality. Be at the bridge at dawn huh?” She sighed again, this was already shaping up to be an interesting journey.

1 Like

Vesthi and her felbat, Daegon, landed moments behind Kersia. Seeing the short stone tower Daegon made a sharp turn toward it. The huge creature landed, galloped a short distance at the stone tower, and with a leap clambered up its side to the tower’s exposed wooden overhang. There the large demonic bat-like creature rolled upside down and hung by his hind legs. As he did so Vesthi released her grip and spilled out of her saddle. Displaying just a fraction of her grace and control Vesthi turned over as she fell and landed on her feet. Her near perfect display of agility however was marred by a stumble. Vesthi stood for a moment as the world swayed a little beneath her. I need some potent source of fel, She groaned to herself. Even if I have to conjure it myself.

Glancing at her surroundings once more she knew that the Red Dragon resting a short distance away would likely not approve of that method. Instead she decided to seek out more information about the area, being completely unfamiliar with their surroundings. Vesthi pulled straight her demon-leather armor and casually wandered toward the small town, watching as the others arrived. A short distance from her a man astride a dragon had already landed. The dragon was already curling into itself, as dragons do, as the man made his way into the small town. Vesthi’s spectral vision was still fairly muted, yet she could see there was something ominous about him. The faint magical aura she could detect felt necromantic in nature. She stared at the man a moment. His image was blurred in her mind. Vesthi now began to see two distinct auras. They melded and blurred her vision of him. She couldn’t tell what that second aura was, but it really played with her spectral vision. Perhaps, She wondered to herself. Once she’d absorbed ample fel and her mind cleared, perhaps then she could make some sense of this man. Sense of everything, really. Nothing of the world around her was clear or crisp. Much of what she saw was merely a guess or deduction on her part. This man might know something. She hoped.

Vesthi’s ears tingled and her head turned to see a woman, an elf?.. Vesthi couldn’t recall, but it was a woman she’d seen cross through the portal and again while in flight. She’d set down on the fringes keeping some distance from the group. Vesthi really wasn’t curious as to why she kept her distance, only that she kept it was itself concerning. She found it interesting that this woman commanded such potent magics to conjure a small cabin. She’d crossed paths with magi like this woman in the past and from Vesthi’s experience they always proved reckless in some manner. The Demon Hunter made a mental note to keep an eye on this woman.

Others were either landing or had landed, and so Vesthi silently examined them in turn making a mental note for each.

Following the others to the local tavern, Vesthi paused at the entrance just outside. Taking a deep breath she focused her spectral vision on the tavern occupants. She pushed her senses throughout the structure attempting to examine the types of energies present. The strain of the effort in her current condition created a kind of feed-back loop that only served to give her a pulsing headache. For now, she’d have to make do with more mundane sensory capabilities.

Stepping into the tavern she quickly located the dark man that blurred her vision. He was seated in a dark corner. With as much stealth and tact as she could muster, Vesthi drifted to a small vacant table big enough for only two at that same darkened corner of the tavern and sat. Well within ear shot of each other, the Demon Hunter made herself comfortable. She then spoke in a low neutral tone.

“I sense a darkness about you.” Vesthi deliberately didn’t mention the second aura, nor that her vision was currently impaired. “You’re either a Necromancer, or are one who has dabbled in the dark arts. Perhaps you are something else entirely. I’m almost certain that you would know something about these parts. I’m a stranger in where-ever we are in Northrend, and I need some information.”

1 Like

Orlok and Nil were silent throughout the exchanges and once Kersia was finished they excused themselves to a far table behind a pillar. The kind where if you were trying to watch them, you’d have to look around the pillar to do so and as such give yourself away. While Orlok wasn’t against a rest, he saw little reason for it. They hadn’t used any supplies and the trip to Amber Lodge was uneventful. This seemed like wasting time to him, as he and Nil went into the tavern.

The armored elf took this time to around the area. While his HUD didn’t have the sensors to discern a shapeshifted dragon from a person, he could guess that most of the residents here were of the Dragonic nature. You’d have to be to keep a warmonger like Garrosh was from trying to strut his stuff into this place. But that was the past, like the Horde, this place’s residents were most likely only here because they wanted to be, not because they had to be.

“Father, are you nervous about something?”
“More for you than anything. There are too many disguised dragons for my tastes. To many judgments…”
“We know of two in our group however and we know of some that aren’t. Let’s keep going like this. Now then, supplies aside how are your Warblades. They are quite old so we need to make sure the runes still function properly.”
“Mmn, very well. Please look over them Nilanth.”

Orlok pulled the two Orcish Blademaster weapons from his back holsters and placed them before Nil. While she weaved some magic to inspect the weapons, Orlok continued to look around, standing before his daughter as if intimidating an unknown foe.

Myorga followed the group to the ledge and circled around a couple times as they each found a place to land and settle down. She leaned forward and whispered a something into the ear of her mount. The wolfhawk responded by diving for the ledge and just as it got to the edge, it spread its huge wings. With a single beat, it slowed considerably and Myorga was able to leap from the saddle onto the ground and roll. She used her momentum to stand up and then brushed any dirt or dust off her uniform. Her wolfhawk, on the other hand, took to the skies again and disappeared into the treeline. It would come for her if she called, she knew, so she began looking for someone to engage with to pass the time.

As Myorga scanned the group, she noticed two that had wandered off by themselves and seemed to be wary of mingling with the group: a death knight, and some skittish mage. She decided it against her best interested to try to interact with them. Instead she chose the pair that seemed to be the most wary of everyone else and the furthest from home. She studied them with a watchful eye.

They appeared to be related, at first glance a human and his half-elf daughter, but the elder carried himself with far more grace than the average human. She wandered over in their direction and leaned up against the pillar directly next to the man standing guard. “Quite the peaceful place here, isn’t it?” she asked, and waited for a response.

2 Likes