STILL undecided what server to pick

So heres my story. Was invited to join a guild by a bunch of guys I used to be close with and family/friends of such. Haven’t spoken to them in years but now they want me to join them. The problem is, I know that most of them will quit a month or two after launch. Thats always how its been with them and games.

Another problem is, the server they want to go to is already full. I’m leaning towards just getting a fresh start on another server with some people I play retail with on a high server. Short term, going with my buds might be alot of fun, but when they are inevitably done with the game, I’m essentially just stuck by myself on a server with high que times. Maybe I’m just overthinking it. What do you guys think?

Have characters on both servers

1 Like

If you go with your buds, then you can join a new guild after they all quit, so them quitting is not really a problem. The problem is the fact that the server is full and you might encounte login queues at launch.

Why not get the best of all worlds, and convince your friends to roll on a server that’s not full?

Keep in mind, realms with Medium populations will have a queue.

2 Likes

Above medium excludes medium.

3 Likes

Apparently theres like 15 of them, and they are deadset on the server they’ve all agreed to. I think part of my hesitation is, I used to view a couple of them like brothers, but since we haven’t spoken in years, it just feels weird trying to reconnect with them. I don’t want to disparage them, but… they are sort of fairweather… if that makes any sense.

In all reality I would just with friends if they are friends you enjoy having around. The experience of friendship is what’s so great about this game. If they quit you can always join another guild down the road.

In that case if it were me I would just on a lower pop server and make new friends! That’s what classic is all about anyway right?

1 Like

Well, it sounds like you don’t even like them.

In that case, your choice should be pretty easy, right?

That’s true, but considering they are already Medium with just the people who gave Blizzard money before the servers are even open. I’m assuming they’re going to fill up pretty quick. Even with the 4 new servers on Monday.

You’re not wrong to assume that, while they may not have extended que times I would expect most servers to have some kind of que time at least during the first week.

To long to read.

Its not that, I guess I’m more hesitant because I know how fickle they are with long term games. I’ll give you an example. The two that I mentioned, when we first started vanilla, all 3 of us were paladins. I was holy, my one bud was ret and the other was prot. It was perfect. I was the only one that made it to 60. My prot buddy went horde and rolled a warrior and the other quit the game. like, we didn’t even get max level before they lost interest and bowed out. Least I know the people I play retail with will stick it out.

Great, then tell your buds you’re going to roll on a different server that has a more reasonable population, they’re welcome to join you, if they want. If not, then I don’t see how you owe them anything. Problem solved.

1 Like

I think this is your answer:

Go with your old friends to start, but if your friends from retail will let you, put an alt in their guild on their server, ready to go when the inevitable happens and the group of old friends falls apart and moves on.

1 Like

Yeah. I think that’s the best choice. I guess I knew the answer but didn’t really want to admit it lol.