Still Trying to Make Sear Nightmare Happen

Mind Sear - Corrosive shadow energy radiates from the target, dealing [ 75.6% 98.3% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 4.5 sec to all enemies within 10 yards of the target.

Searing Nightmare - Instantly deals [ 43% 49.45% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to enemies around the target and afflicts them with Shadow Word: Pain. If the enemy is already afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain, Searing Nightmare’s damage is increased by 100%.

I am not entirely convinced that Shadowpreist action identity should be squeezed into Searing Nightmare/Mind Sear skills. What’s more interesting to me as a player is how skill synergy happens with FLAVOR and invoking the Old Gods seems more appropriate and would be more interesting to me if the SPEC talent tree focused on that Old God flavor instead of wasting skill points for skills that quite honestly are boring AF. If you want Discipline and Shadow to share a skill, that should be base and not cost any points because what is the point to having a Specialization if all the other specs could just tap into abilities that overlap on purpose with the sole function to hide interesting game design.

We can do better.