Still stuck on dead server, the scammer is gone... but I persevere

UPDATE:

I logged in at about 7:45 AM… and to my shock they did it, they actually did it!!! I received what was missing out of nowhere! Now I will be able to finally move on with a much stronger sense that we’re being heard, but we still need Blizzard to improve safety measures and policies to make sure no more players will ever fear losing their accounts again. Please Blizzard, show us you’ll try harder to make things better for all to play more safely? Surely Mike Ybarra wants that for Blizzard, right?

Proof via Reddit

So my account was hacked in December and GM’s did ‘eventually’ recover/restore it (sadly not in time enough to still see in the logs that my 10 Hatespark pets were still stolen/missing, so they had no “proof”). Anyway, that REALLY burnt me out so I almost quit Classic, until now, when I logged in a noticed more great news… my Main character isn’t on Benediction anymore… oh no… it’s on the practically dead Eranikus. So, thanks to the suspicious actions (maybe incompetence?) of a GM that actually let a scammer reset my account and gain access (literally I have screenshot evidence, they even admitted it was one of their own), now I’m not able to play my main on my realm with all my alts. It’s a shame they STILL haven’t unlocked Benediction after all this time… it doesn’t even SAY locked, it says FULL. C’mon Blizzard, thought you were suppose be looking out for the players again… QA staff issues are one thing, but this Support Staff issue has really hurt me and I WANT to play… how can I though, if their staff lets a scammer penetrate their first line of defense… their “Game Masters”. So now, all I strive for in this game daily… is at risk.

3 Likes

Imagine not having an authenticator attached to your account.

Yikes.

7 Likes

Hey I know, instead of giving feedback and trying to help, let’s all make fun of him instead and hopefully he’ll quit then we can complain about how toxic the community is and how everyone is quitting.

7 Likes

Stop caring right there its 2023. Learn to protect your account.

1 Like

We can’t help him.

1 Like

Obviously we are supposed to come up with a $70,000,000,000 counteroffer to buy ABK in order to resolve this issue ourselves. Easy!

¯\ _(ツ)__/¯

1 Like

Because you don’t have an authenticator attached to your account.

Heres my feedback: If your account gets hacked today, it’s your own fault. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Blizzard Support - Battle.net Authenticator

Attach an authenticator. I’ll even provide the link to the step-by-step instructions.

2 Likes

Damn bro sorry to hear about your situation. Totally understand how you feel. It is super frustrating dealing with the modern staff put into place to help you and get your account restored in situations like this. Lots of circles and no results with multiple tickets.

There was a time when an account reset like you’re describing couldn’t be done unless notarized scanned I.D’s were faxed to Blizzard while you were on the phone with support staff. Getting rid of this kind of proper support is a huge mistake. Leads to situations like this.

Continue to make tickets, explain, and push forward. The key is staying calm in how you word things; explain what items are missing and character realm location should be again and again. Lots of times you’ll find you get replies from modern support staff working in different parts of the world like EU or for other divisions of games other than World of Warcraft WotLK Classic, this is another layer of disconnect.

My heart goes out to you.

1 Like

Probably during the time I wasn’t playing WoW (early MoP though I did first quit during firelands). I had my account hacked a few times. The last time it was done (I think at some point during Legion) they threatened that is my account was hacked again they would delete the entire thing.

Nobody here can help him.

My feedback is: lmao imagine not using an authenticator in 2023

2 Likes

Nobody here can help you.

Try posting here.

I’d like to know the pieces you’re not telling us when a blue responds.

1 Like

Imagine a GM DEACTIVATING an authenticator attached to your account. :frowning:

1 Like

If that’s true, that gm should be fired.

Feel free to post a image of the gm ticket with names/emails redacted.

2 Likes

You’re right… it was worse. I got off my chest the things I had to, I’d like to say more… but ranting anymore won’t help do anything. They failed at their 1 job, and deactivated my authenticator, reset my PW and let a fraud in. They have the gall to say they cannot help if I’m hacked again, but they let it happen. Period.

Is that even allowed?

People have done it before.

You could also just use Reddit or Twitter.

You’re making a fairly large claim, evidence is needed to get proper support and prove authenticity

So you happily had an authenticator on your account, then out of nowhere, an evil GM just decided to remove your authenticator. Then, moments later, Hackerman steals your account after seeing in the data streams that your account was now unprotected?

The only way an authenticator would have been removed by a GM outside of the normal procedure is if you had sent in a photo ID matching the information on the account. If an authenticator was removed, it was because you requested to have it removed, making the account vulnerable. You then didn’t reattach the authenticator.

Nothing about your story passes the sniff test. If your story is true, which seems deeply unlikely, then you need to have a conversation with whoever has access to your email and driver’s license/state issued photo ID.

I think his claim is the hacker got the authenticator removed and lost the account. Which means a gm didn’t use the proper channels to remove it.

If that’s the case, he was wronged.

Needs proof though.

Which is literally impossible without sending in photo ID. The story is baloney.

No it’s not impossible. Just unlikely

Fake ids work pretty often on some sites because they don’t actually check them they just look at them.