Still getting AP rewards after heart of azeroth level 80!

Please change this to gold or something else as rewards

4 Likes

It’s a soft cap, not a hard cap.

After level 80, it just goes up 2 ilvls each rank, no more nodes/traits. In fact, Blizz made a post about it in this very forum back in November:

4 Likes

They did it as as soft cap because they wanted to nerf it hoping people would not notice.

They did it as a soft cap so people would feel free from the ap grind (note the cheer at blizzcon when they said ap was gone) but they still need a way to periodically increase players power to help people that are hard stuck on things. The neck slowly upgrading will give tiny amounts of stats but more importantly many azerite traits scale based off it so they will increase as well

1 Like

Blizz had to leave the quest rewards as AP, as the inflation over the next 10 months until the next xpac would be ridiculous otherwise. Trust me, in the 6 weeks that my 5 toons were capped at 70, I was bringing in about 200k a week net from emissaries/quest rewards/class halls/augment runes, etc. Stretch that out for 30 weeks and I’d put away 6 million gold. Blizz doesn’t want that to happen so they found a way to leave AP as AP.

2 Likes

The AP grind is still there due to the soft cap. A hard cap eliminates the AP grind.

1 Like

but who would grind ap above 80? its a nice bonus sure but no one will be actively grinding island for that. They need to do it that way or we will end up with insane amounts of gold by the time shadowlands comes out just like we got in legion and wod

1 Like

but i only have 9 Million gold so far, not enought for the new fancy mount that blizzard will put in shadowlands.

3 Likes

Can we stop calling it a grind? AP this patch has been anything but a grind.

If you need gold im willing to take you on some key sells. otherwise go away. fck the gold.

5 Likes

There are way to address gold inflation. This is not a good way to do it IMVHO.

1 Like

If blizzard wants to address gold inflation they can start by removing the WoW token which is a prime driver of this issue.

Of course they make absurdly lunatic profits from this token so that has the same chance of happening as pigs flying out of my a*s.

2 Likes

Ah another case of “I didn’t read what blizzard put out. So i’m going to make a thread showing how ignorant I am”.

3 Likes

This is true. I’m close to level 80 and I stopped actively “farming” it when I hit 75.

I mostly get AP now from passive sources.

2 Likes

I turned off my tracking bar after a week and wont need it until xp in shadowlands. Idk how anyone can complain a out ap in 8.3

1 Like

Exactly.
AP isn’t something that needs to be tracked (or grind), as the sources are literally playing BFA content.

I agree.

The grind should end and not continue. A hard cap makes sense.

Except it isn’t a grind :rofl:
You practically do not have to even think about AP for 8.3, even for alts with the AK system.

2 Likes

It is indeed a grind which is why it is going to be a big deterrent for returning players.

AP is something that can absolutely be forgotten about. The AK had taken care of returning players, making it completely trivial to get higher levels on new characters, and just playing the game is all that it required.

Once you’re at those higher levels, it really does make little difference.

The grind is not needed, at all.

For PVP it is not trivial at all. It actually is very important.