Still enough people and time to join SOM?

Me and my friend want to start playing again because we never got to 60 when TBC came out and the server became dead. If we join a Server like Jom Gabbar will there be enough people for a good classic experience?

1 Like

probably, yes. depends how fast you level. we’re currently in BWL and most people only like MC and BWL as the last tiers get too hard for them so… up to you.

2 Likes

Definitely enough people and time to give it a go. Leveling is fast as the quest xp has been increased to 100% including bonus xp to dungeon/elite quests. PLUS the coin from quests has been increased as of Tuesday this week (100%) to help ensure you have the cash to purchase your mount at 40. Best bets for servers would be Jom for PVP and Shadowstrike for PVE.
Good luck to you and your friend, OP!

6 Likes

Oh, nice.

Did not know that.

My guild clears mc/ony in one night and just stepped into bwl last night and are recruiting for a second team with tons of sub 60s on every day. I’d say you could make it.

Make the smart choice, roll on Shadowstrike.

2 Likes

Well the post says they want to make sure people are able to buy spells/abilities but a mount at 40 is kinda important too.

1 Like

Yea. Most people aren’t even in MC yet. I just joined last week and I don’t know why but everyone is focusing on BiS blues for MC even though its MC and BWL is out. I thought people would just jump into MC and gear up.

PS I started Som on 2/12/22 and the game is POPPING. Tons of ish going on and the availability of items in the AH is crazy populated. This is alive and well. Join Jom. Friends are giving me gold and i’m just leveling fully consumed up because the economy is popping and its cheap. Been on SoM for little over a week and I’m level 48

3 Likes

I move from Obsidian edge to shadowstrike because there are more people, and I can still continue my soul of iron leveling because both are pve servers. Go shadowstrike if you want to pve.
I noticed my ping went from
18ms to 66ms because I am on the west coast. Shouldn’t matter that much.

3 Likes

It’s still a good time to get into the game.

I leveled 1-40 in the initial hype, then RL took over. Picked back up about 10 days ago, and the leveling experience has been great. Plenty of people out in the world (at least on Jom Gabbar), but not overcrowded where you’re fighting for quest objectives or zones are FFA gank-infested.

LFG channel looks to be filled with people looking for preraid max-level dungeons, so it doesn’t appear that it’ll be hard to gear up at max level.

1 Like