Stealth Nerf on Eye Beam?

My eyes beam is lasting 2.1sec with blind fury instead of 4 secs, Whats going on???
Are you stacking haste? Did you have lust?
Haste
11/14/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Scizor
Haste

explain plz
11/14/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Raidriår
11/14/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Scizor
Haste

explain plz
While haste adds more ticks to fel barrage it does not do the same to eye beam it instead shortens the channel time so the channel ends faster

It still does all the ticks only faster

Couple other things of note here. First, before haste, Eye Beam lasts 2.0s baseline and 3.0s with Blind Fury. The cast time in the tooltip accounts for whether you have Blind Fury or not, so you don’t add another second on top of that.

Second, if you have Demonic, your Eye Beam will also cast with the benefit of the 25% haste from Meta form even though that Eye Beam is what’s triggering Meta.

As an example, let’s say you have 20% haste from haste rating on your gear (requires 1360 haste rating). If you do not have Blind Fury or Demonic, your Eye Beam will take 2.0 / 1.20 = 1.67s to channel, and will tick 10 times over that duration (every 0.17 seconds). If you have Blind Fury but not Demonic, your Eye Beam will take 3.0 / 1.20 = 2.50s to channel and will tick 15 times over that duration (also every 0.17 seconds). If you have Demonic and Blind Fury, your Eye Beam will take 3.0 / 1.20 / 1.25 = 2.00s to channel. It will still tick 15 times over that duration, this time every 0.13 seconds.

Net effect is that Blind Fury consistently increases the total damage done by Eye Beam by 50%, but does not change the actual DPS of Eye Beam during the channel. Demonic increases the channel DPS of Eye Beam by 25%, but does not change the total damage. If you have both, it does both more damage and more DPS during the channel.

In fact, this is how every single channeled ability in the game works with the exception of two*: Ray of Frost (frost mage talent) and Fel Barrage (havoc talent). Both of these instead gain additional ticks in their fixed channel duration from additional haste, causing them to both deal more total DPS and more total damage as your haste increases.

*I’m pretty sure it’s just these two. If anyone else knows of another one, please let me know.

4 Likes