Stealth Nerf in WG?

So, was there a stealth nerf to vehicle damage in Wintergrasp? Cata flames and blight, demo and siege projectiles all are doing less damage to players than what they have done every day up until today. Has anyone else noticed this? Not saying its a good or a bad change just not sure why it was done without something being said. And, if it was noted, I apologize, and could someone show me a link to it?

Blue posted saying they were nerfing catapult dmg.

3 Likes

it’s in the epic battleground feedback thread

2 Likes

Oh it’s live already? I was in a WG earlier, didn’t notice anything. I was in demos tho, not a cata.

I do think they need to tweak the rank/vehicle progression somehow. I’m not sure what to suggest, but it’s pretty easy to manhandle a team completely by forming a big deathball with everyone in it, and crash into the enemy team (or if you’re lucky, half of it because they split.)

Your team will rank up and they won’t, then you’ll have 12 vehicles to their 0. That momentum will hold for a while, and I haven’t seen a team come back from that yet. (Either when I was on the winner or loser side).

By the time the other team has more than a couple vehicles, your team has probably blown through one of the walls, and is well into blowing the other one down. Or if you’re defense, you’ll likely wipe their towers out before they can retaliate.

The timing/pacing of the early game and the rank up phase needs looked into as it often leads to an insurmountable advantage.

1 Like

it is live, and i feel it was maybe a little overnerfed. taking on a cat as a ground troop before was tricky but doable, now its a cakewalk.

its a risky move though, if you go full direct confrontation there’s just as much of a chance you will lose and let the other team get ahead. i have both quickly won and quickly lost games trying that.

Well, thank you, I did miss that and I am glad you pointed it out to me. I still have a question since that was pinned 3 days ago but didnt notice a difference until today if more was done, or if they forgot to do it Tuesday and just snuck it into live? I could be wrong, and probably am wrong, lol. Thanks again for pointing it out though!

when they announced it they said it would be a few days before it went live, i noticed the change this morning, i’m not sure when exactly it went live.

I just assumed tuesday or something, good to know.

I noticed the reduced Cata damage last night, but Thursday it still seemed like the proor values.

I was melting fools with one just a little bit ago. Are you sure they’re nerfed?

yes, when i played the flamethrower was down to ~8k a tick from the 20k+ it was.