Stealth in wow isnt particularly fun anymore imo

its about more than just classic vs bfa though, if thats all you want to see though then im not going to keep walking you through this

i strongly disagree with your take on stealth in classic too. solo stealth dungeon runs to kill a single boss are a thing. lots of other creative uses for stealth there too.

You literally mentioned BFA in every single response yet it’s not about bfa. wild.

2 Likes

honestly i made this to talk about stealth in bfa, and use classic as just a comparison. you went on about stealth in classic so i responded to it and i guess that was a mistake

looking just at bfa, stealth is boring and too easy. i wont mention classic again

Stealth is fun and MMORPG leveling is inherently designed to be easy for the average player so mission accomplished.

nah its boring and bfa mostly sucks now, not surprised stealth is bad too

mission failed

Your desire to be contrarian just kinda bit you.

If the mission above is failed that means you say stealth is hard because the mission is to be easy like all MMORPG leveling. Yikes.

1 Like

First off this is purely your opinion. I just returned to the game myself and I’m loving it.

On topic, I somewhat agree about stealth. It’s a huge pro and con that I’m still weighing when it comes to making rogue my main vs my mage and even Dk. Stealth is fun and all but it does allow you to always have the ball in your court. Though thankfully with the addition of demon hunters things got spiced up.

I prefer stealth at is but when I was messing around in classic I did noticed how stealth was much more methodical.

Took more planning and prep to get behind a mob and open

1 Like

lmao its not contrarian i really think stealth isnt fun now. id prefer it to require more thought and execution rather than an easy mode guaranteed opener

all you said in the post was stealth is fun everything is fine. you think that makes you the righteous one here

You said mission failed and the mission was stealth to be easy so that means stealth is hard :slight_smile:

1 Like

the mission is for the game to be fun, blizzard is not above criticism in their actions

stealth is easy and thats a fact, doesnt mean it was the right choice

It’s only 15 words, I know you can comprehend them, I believe in you

1 Like

the average player could level the old way too, they just had to put more thought into it

what dont you understand about that?

your argument is stealth should be a mindless faceroll and i will never agree with that

MMO leveling design to be easy, stealth designed to be easy. Mission accomplished :wink:

Splinter Cell awaits you tho

and that is bad/boring game design

blizzard comes under fire all the time over the leveling process, you act like it cant possibly be a mistake because thats how they made it

They come under fire all the time for classics as well lollol. Oh wow classic’s great leveling design of killing 80000000 boars for no real reason but just because. I can find just as many threads calling wow classic leveling boring and tedious vs fun and innovative.
You seem to be oblivious to the fact that the typical people playing bfa in fact have no desire to share your 15 year old outdated gameplay, that you want to claim is fun like it’s a fact. People playing BFA dont to kill 8000 random boars because the game doesn’t reward you proportional XP. People playing BFA dont want to kill 100 wolves and get 3 paws. People in BFA don’t want to afk watching their character AA and Wand an enemy down. Such good design.

Either way, leveling in bfa is a misstep because of a couple of factors that have nothing to do with original leveling design since most people consider BC, Wrath, Cata and even debatably MoP leveling to have been fine with most leveling complaints and issues spawning during the WoD era. Most of the issue result from the same core design flaw that has been in wow since the beginning: Progression Bloat. Classic and TBC designers did not design the game to last and update 15 years and it shows. You were never meant to gain 5 or 10 levels per xpac for 15 years.

When you hit numbers like 100,110,120 you cannot afford a pre-MoP leveling experience. A classic leveling experience is out of the question indefinitely
the game has been out for 2 months and people playing decently are still in their 30s,40s, 50s. If you doubled that and kept the exponential xp increase, no one would reach max level in BFA before the next xpac dropped. Flat out.

you say outdated, i say it was better

we dont have to have 120 levels either but we do. im not the type to just say it is what is oh well. mmos suck now, no point in talking about it

You are throwing out a lot of insults to people and having fun, I guess. You haven’t said anything of substance, or detail. It seems like you are just trolling the Rogue forum.

Can you post on your BFA Rogue so we can see how much you have played and what your play time consisted of? I get the sense you’ve only killed mobs at World Quests.

i did explain what i dont like about stealth now too, and its simple. stealth levels are too high and being that easy makes it unfun. people insist on making this about classic because i mentioned it but that was just a comparison

i dont like stealth in bfa on its own, forget the comparisons if that is a big triggering point

i guess the people that agree are the ones that have quit and this was seen as an insult to those that are left

Do rogues still have distract in retail?