Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

Or an addon that tells me when a player is in a group k cool

These exist, there are quite a few Spell Alert variants.

I think you can pull zone info but actually I don’t know for sure. Regardless you’d need to be able to target them before and after zoning to get that info so I’m not sure it would be helpful.

I’m pretty sure you can only see if people are in your group.

I have zero sympathy for rogues and druids. Start stealthing into hot zones earlier.

So make one. There’s nothing stopping you.

Totally agree. The whole point of stealth is just that, to be undetected (unless the other character is using abilities/potions or whatnot to increase stealth detection). I never knew it showed up in combat logs, and that should be changed.

2 Likes

dont really get your insult here. i gank stv because the players are the same level as me also the hills and trees give me plenty of cover to aproch players without them seeing so why should i level when im already having fun and can 1v2 people my own level? I dont see the point of level out of this zone.

it has been showing up in the combat logs for 15 years why should the change the whole system now. this is not a new development.

2 Likes

Why is this thread still going? More people want it to stay than want it gone. It doesn’t break the ToS or CoC rules. It’s been around since almost as long as PvP has. Lastly, you’ve been told no, not just once but many many times.

Spy is here to stay. Adapt and overcome, roll something else, or just quit. Pick a fight you have a chance of winning, like convincing people ketchup on a hot dog is gross.

Now you have just gone too far…mustard, or chili or gtfo. (plus cheese onions and such when applicable)

Uhhh that’s what I just said. Unless you think I went too far by getting you to agree with me ???

Nah. I only need 10 yards unless ive had a few. Then they usually get the first hit. Lol

Okay, explain to me how it is fair when I am on the alliance boat and change zones, it re stealths me and notifies everyone on board the boat?

I do as you guys say. I stealth from very far away. Sneak on the boat. Hide in an area. But still get found. What now?

I love it when people try to make their argument look better by trying to demean the people they are arguing against with insults like this.

HINT - It never helps your argument.

You are not “found”. All they know is that you are within 200m. You are still stealthed. Unless you break it or they discover you somehow, you will remain hidden.

I would say that a boat is a very bad place to launch a sneak attack under the best of circumstances. Being on a boat limits your mobility and vision.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… Complaining about SPY will not get you anywhere. It exists and will continue to exist. You need to adapt and overcome. That is your ONLY option.

You are definitely discovered.

Spy is terrible man. I was hiding behind a wall bandaging when a hunter’s pet came and attacked me. There was no way he saw me or line of sighted me. He just simply saw my icon, clicked my name, and sent his pet.

Where is the skill in that?

You were bandaging? Do you know you can see other players health bar through walls when they’re not in stealth? do you know hunters can track humanoid? do you know you’re a noob rogue?

Someone knowing that a stealth class is in the zone does not provide any advantage that wasn’t there before. We can see you when you walk near us, some class have higher invisibility detections, if somehow this is an issue for you, you would have problems without it anyway and it is not going to make you better at your class. Im not sorry for this 5% awareness help this addon provides. Just deal with it. Just deal with the fact that soon in battlegrounds we will also have addons like Battleground Targets and people complaining they are getting focused because the addon can guess their spec.

You can’t tab target them.

You have to do / target

Which spy makes it stupidly easy to do with a single click.

1 Like

You do realize they already exist right?
Also, if you wanted, you could have spy report that to you

thems fightin’ words!