Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

you spend an awful lot of time making an idiot out of yourself mister level 54. have fun getting farmed for honor by chad rogues even with your crutch addon

Yeah, some of us have to work hard at it. It’s nice to see it comes so easily to you though. I don’t PvP and I don’t cry over everything. Move on, Spy is here to stay.
Also good job pointing out I am in fact a level 54. Let me point out that although I am a bit lower in game levels, I have what I want, while you are stuck in here, at level 60, complaining about what you can’t have.

I do want to take a moment and point out that, while I disagree with you Shieldmaster, I value your input to the discussion, and enjoy your RP posts. It is okay to disagree but still be civil about it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s just a bit of harmless fun lol.
You stealthies have huge ability arsenals. I’m sure y’all will adapt and overcome!

I never get such respect. Maybe I should try to RP talk.

1 Like

Bgs and WPvP are two totally different settings. On top of that, you’d still have to type /target [name]

Last I checked, BG coordinates are protected against even the player, but we’ll know for sure next phase. So no.

You can’t target someone who is steathed or otherwise untargetable. Don’t spread false information.

If you are targetable, yeah sure, but you can do that without Spy.

1 Like

But there is a brief window to target them. Entering stealth is not instantaneous in classic as it is in retail, thanks to something called “spell batching.” Look it up. There is about a 1-2 second delay between pressing stealth to actually stealthing.

This is also the reason why vanish is currently bugged. Do this: duel a rogue and auto attack him. Have him cast vanish while you auto attack. Vanish will do literally nothing because it takes 1-2 seconds for the rogue to actually enter stealth due to spell batching, and you have that window to auto attack them out of stealth due to queued auto attacks.

The end result? If you are extremely fast, you can quickly target the rogue entering stealth and order your pet to attack them as they are entering stealth.

1 Like

No. I’m not even bothering at this point because every time someone or myself explains to you how you’re wrong, you just ignore it and then repeat silliness later.

No. Just no.

2 Likes

This response does not suffice at all because no one looks at their combat log…let alone to see if a rogue stealthed…It’s just not happening…Also I am not so sure it shows it as I was testing it last night…combat log wasnt even telling me when humans used perception.

1 Like

Exactly a nobody is looking at their combat log realistically.

3 Likes

The apex pvp players were, that’s it. And the hardcore PvE players were using the info’ but not watching it… But you can’t say that here, as we can’t look into the past. Everyone wants to pretend they were the top back then, and will claim they watched their combat log.

2 Likes

Exactly. It is funny because the commonly held reason as to why classic WoW raid content is so easy in 2019 and faceroll is because “so many players were terrible back during vanilla” and were key clickers and had no keybindings, didn’t know basic mechanics, etc.

But, apparently, when it comes to spy, everybody was a professional gamer back in 2004 who watched their combat log 24/7.

4 Likes

Spy has been around for over 10 years, we have been either playing with it, or playing against it for all that time.
It has always been openly available, not some dark web hidden addon no one knew about or something, everyone has always know about it, and the other addons like it.
Spy has not suddenly gained any new magic abilities or anything.
Your game did not just suddenly change, unless you started yesterday you have been playing with Spy present for a long long time.
That is a simple fact, not really debatable.

I kind of don’t see that suddenly changing now since Blizzard has not taken aversion to it in over 10 years.

In all this time, i have never felt that it messed up me being a druid or nelf or a rogue.
The only thing that has messed me up with playing a rogue is i suck with that class

In 2004 yea
In 2005 there were some spy like addons
Like a lot of early addons, they were not made terribly well and lag due to interface errors or inefficient addon was no fun

you didn’t even have to watch your combat log 24/7 because of the nature of it your brain would become trained to its location and eventual the flash of it changing was enough of a cue to draw your eye to it and respond.

Awesome, you’re one of the apex champions we just spoke of? No wonder you gank all day in STV!

Wish I had an addon that reported the last time anyone saw a paladin bubble and record it and accounce it into a system like Iceblock or even feign death - we need an addon for these things lets get crackin since blizz wont do anything about addons

Can I get an addon that announces when alliance leave any city too?