Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

there fix it for ya.

Now which one if us is being egotistical and presumptuous again? I forget.

did i ever claim not to be?:smirk:

Without spy, you wouldnt have that option to decide to leave or prowl, you would have no clue a rogue is there, and die. That’s the problem.

My point is that was a problem in Vanilla.

#nochanges

yes you would know a rogue is there its called a combat log and it was used long before spy become more widely accepted.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like much of a problem to me unless you are the Rogue. Rogues should not have free reign to just go around nuking people

I think this is a great Idea.

Not all day.

I stare at it while out in the world looking for enemy activety as much as I stare at it looking for a Warlock to start casting Fear… so I can interrupt.

Now I know I can get an Addon to alert me when the warlock starts casting fear, but I am just in the habit of watching the Combat Log. I suppose you are against those Addons too… sigh.

But I do stare at it much less since I use Spy. That is the entire point. It is a better interface than the Combat Log. Without Spy, I would stare at it more.

sigh see this is why i talk down to you because of comments like this therden… rogues are not the only stealth class. mr druid would like a word with you furthermore their comment is incorrect because it claims that its spy thats giving away rogues and spy does not give away rogues. combat logs existed long before for the spread of spy and do the same thing of letting you know when a player enters within the range of your combat log. basically when it comes to pvp you cannot sneak up on a hardcore pvp no matter the class as the api will give you away. but you clearly don’t understand this because you don’t pvp.

So you think an addon that negates an entire classes primary ability is ok? That’s fine, then let’s have an addon that lets everyone stop you from using Blessing of Protection (from bubbling). You should be fine with that, right? I mean that isn’t important to Paladins, right? You can manage without your get out of jail free card, right?

it does not negate rogues stealth

1 Like

It most certainly does. It lets you know they are there. Duh.

I think it negates the surprise element of the attack.

1 Like

I like how you keep saying I don’t PvP or never have PvP’d just because my Classic character is on an RP server. How do you think I knew choosing the RP server was the right call knowing that Phase 2 came out?

Also can you quote where i said the Rogue is the only stealth class? Because I don’t believe I ever said that.

And in doing so it negates their stealth which is a primary ability of the class. They lose their ability to surprise attack which is what they are designed around LOL.

1 Like

Yes sir. I agree.

yea it also lets them know when the stupid level 20 mage has entered range of them as well… its almost like spy affect everyone the same.

1 Like

You seem to be misunderstanding what Spy does. It does not keep players from using stealth like your imaginary add on would keep players from using BoP. Rogues and others can still stealth to their hearts content. Spy does nothing to prevent that.

1 Like

Its almost as if Spy is reading the Combat Log that reports on all activity from everyone that is in range.

2 Likes