Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

I have nothing but sympathy for your point of view, however, allowing Spy to exist constitutes a change in the same way that having let the LFG addon exist would have. Sensible people are free not to play this game in the way it was originally balanced (or imbalanced, as it were). Otherwise, there are a ton of other “sensible” changes of much higher priority than reducing every rogue jump into effectively the same thing as a duel outside a capital city.

1 Like

excuse me while i go get the dead horse that has already been beaten to death to beat YOU with. if you get rid of spy people will just detach their combat log and filter it then set up the target player macro. we did it in van. YOU DO NOT CATCH HARDCORE PVPERS UNAWARE. what you do get the pick the moment of attack as well as the opening stun. all spy does it turn it from a visual flash to a audible ping, even then spy did exist in van.

I don’t know much about spy but isn’t it just run off / who

It does.

It isn’t, as combat log parsers have been around for a long time, even during Vanilla, they just weren’t as well known. Just as many other things weren’t as well known back then.

The people against this addon literally have no leg to stand on. The only valid criticism out there they have for it is that they don’t like it.

Beyond that, nothing else anyone against it has put forth has any substance to it.

@Harmondale, yes, it needs to be nerfed or gone all together.

no it’s more like dbm except that instead of looking at npc actions it looks for player actions. basically its just doing the work of reading the combat log that hardcore pvps used to do back in the day as well as casting the target player macro.

1 Like

But should clicking an install button in the Twitch client give every soccer mom hunter in the game the situational awareness of a hardcore PvPer?

But should clicking an install button on the Twitch client give every 12yr old kid in the game the ability to: insert addon efficiency here

Yes. The answer is yes.

any soccer mom can detach and filter their combat log hell there are even guides on how to so yes. detaching or having addon does not make a player good at pvp.

I love when people make up my viewpoints for me.

Alsoria, is that you?

1 Like

Your mom must be a glad. Grats.

1. Why would Blizzard choose to intentionally break one of the most popular add ons in the game based on the complaints from a minority of players? (The majority of which are Rogue players with an obvious bias btw)

2. How would they even do that without breaking numerous other add ons that are currently available to the playerbase that use the same types of information that Spy does?

You are basically asking them to piss off the majority of players and break numerous other add ons to please a small minority of players because of a single add on.

It makes literally no sense for Blizzard to do that to themselves.

The majority isn’t automatically right.

Such as?

No, it’s about #nochanges.

bs to that trust me before the rogues started of which its like 3-5 which just keep starting the threads over and over again. before the stealth complaint it was every class complaing even now you can see other classes complaining about spy. but those threads in the past were spreading missinformation. so it was very easy to shoot down those threads. the only people who have any leg is rogue stealth ( which is incorrect) but it has to actively be argued against unlike the old attempts.

Anything that reads the Combat Log.

I use it but it is actually game breaking. I shouldnt be seeing people dismount and start spamming aoe abilities, throwing flares, and putting on buffs/shields when i approach a group of gamers from a mile away in stealth. It’s definitely not what Blizzard intended when they made the opportunistic rogue class and I would not miss the addon one single bit if it were gone

1 Like

How long did you search for a synonym for cowardly ?

They can make it so that addons do not get notifications for opposing faction players with which they are not in combat and it will break literally Spy and nothing else.

so you want them to break the api and put in a whole new system to stop something that has existed since vanilla… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes.

Yes, just like they broke the addons that totally worked in Vanilla that put entire classes on auto-pilot.

1 Like