Stealth ability doesn’t feel stealthy because of Spy

I feel targeted as this is my favorite race since I began playing this game.
Second favorite was always NE’s, wish I could have’m both, but at least BE’s came out in BC.

Oh, in that case I’m all for it. They already can land a single surprise attack on people under most circumstances. Trimming what they have been getting all these years that they don’t actually deserve, serves them right. The multiple attacks they may get simply from a character being unaware are NOT guaranteed. A character may actually be ready to fight them as soon as stealth drops without this addon. The addon simply increases the chance of that character being ready.
Note : The character being ready is also not guaranteed!

Then your opinion is one based off out of bias. You’re welcome to it, but what if someone were to have an addon that hindered your class and based it off the fact you can bubble hearth or something?

You’re playing a class I put 1500 hours into, and I’m still siding with whomever is being hindered unfairly. Don’t care if it’s a mage, druid, rogue or hunter.

It’s not hindering their class. The surprise whirlwind of attacks unleashed on the unaware is not guaranteed simply because rogues like it that way. The rogues just have to work a little harder to get the extra stuff they’ve been getting for free all this time.

Is why they’re strong. Take that away and you’ve got a broken class in PvP.

Then why are you claiming they’re getting their due justice?

Like you said yourself, I can see why they don’t like it. I can even understand why they want it gone. I just take the exact opposite position. Surely they can see why I like it. Surely they can understand why I want it to stay.

As far as justice goes. I’ve always been of the opinion that when cowardly acts are thwarted, justice is served.

Same people crying over Spy ignore the people with alts on separate accounts on the other faction. :joy:

As do hundreds upon hundreds of other addons.

No. Just because data is shared it does not mean the effective range of your Combat Log is extended. Additionally, what is shared is only that someone else detected a specific enemy character, and the location of the Spy-user, not the enemy character, is relayed. Because radii are neither fixed nor known by Spy, this relay of information worsens the accuracy and usefulness of the ping.

No you just ignored how the addon works to claim 200+.

The issue of your skill as a Rogue is the worry that someone somewhere detecting you is going to harm your ability to gank another user, 10 minutes later, in another zone. In other words, your worry is absolutely ridiculous.

The Combat Log eliminated this facet of “immersion” before Patch 1.0 even went Live.

Then you should probably play a different game that includes parameters like line-of-sight and forbids /tar Name commands and similar.

Or temper your expectations as to what you can actually do in this game.

It is not for you (or any of us) to decide on such a #change.

Yes it is because I downloaded the addon ( that’s me and everyone else who uses it deciding). You don’t have to like it bud.

The discussion here is whether the addon should be allowed to work. Simply stating that you can install an addon and therefore can use it is missing the point, deliberately-so in you case, I think.

This decision was made by Blizzard when they created the open-source Combat Log we’ve used for 15yrs. Sophistication, skill, and knowledge are all that have changed in that time as far as this addon is concerned.

They needn’t address this addon, or any for that matter, in particular to show endorsement either. The Combat Log has been opened up, retooled, expanded, and improved upon countless times with full updates released by Blizzard, complete with new code and API calls to give everyone a head’s up.

1 Like

When you say it’s not up to me to make a decision, then I show you that I have made that decision and therefore it is up to me… it’s not about wether I can or should at that point but rather that I have.

Yes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the addon.

1 Like

no i have always played like that i’m very hmm i like to savor my work let call it that. btw don’t put words in peoples mouth people don’t like that.

3 Likes

Nothing beats stalking your target knowing they know your around but have no idea when your going to open. Joys of a rogue the pyschological warfare :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah someone that gets it.

3 Likes

It got even better in TBC with the addition of Crows apple’s.

Everyone here knows that there’s a huge difference between dueling a rogue you already know is there and being jumped by one of which you were unaware. Regardless of how acceptable it may be under the current TOS and permissible addons in Classic, Spy makes the latter form of game-play disappear and thus is very unlike Vanilla. You may argue that this is acceptable for rogues (I disagree) and even make that argument as a rogue – because you’re so good you can play with the handicap, good for you – but the fact remains that it is a change in the Vanilla experience even if not in Blizzard’s implementation of the game, which was precisely the case with the LFG addon.

Blizzard may choose to break it or they may choose not to do so. I will continue playing either way. But I will lose respect for them if they choose not to break it because they will have shown an inconsistent commitment to the meaning of #nochanges as they expressed when breaking the LFG addon.

So you, and rogue players like that Woopee character think that rogues should be able to kill anyone at any time with impunity and no chance for the other players to fight back.

Gotcha.

Most sensible people think otherwise.