Steal something from another game that you want in WoW

Declaring war on another guild and sieging their fortress, from Shadowbane.

It sounds awesome but at the same time it would trivialize high end content if they made them powerful at all. All 20 people would get a decent pull going, then pop all cooldowns at once deleting the boss.

I’m reminded of Contra for some odd reason. :grinning:

2 Likes

Allods Online’s ships and ship battle/exploration system. That’s what I really wanted BFA’s Island Expeditions to be

1 Like

That’s what they kinda implied it would be. With land expeditions. At least that’s how i interpreted their hype.

1 Like

The boast system from Fable 1 for dungeons, a neat idea to give another option over M+. You get a key like M+ but instead of affixes they just have the hp and dmg boost. You go to the dungeon entrance and the party leader stands on a platform and makes the boasts. Completely optional things to make the reward and challenge higher. Stuff like forcing yourself to only use 4 people, having no dps in the team, all major cooldowns have only 2 charges for the run, no deaths allowed, killing every mob in the dungeon before killing the last boss, etc. You’d bet a small amount of valor and get valor for each boast you complete

Solo Instances like Lost Ark, like Legacy content with Challenge scaled down so a single player can beat it.

3 Likes

[quote=“Thallia-sentinels, post:14, topic:1246904, full:true”]

Ya’ll just look into Black Desert and you’ll know what I’m talking about

Dyes from gw2.

6 Likes

A contiguous week-long epic battleground ala Guild Wars 2 WvW or ESO Cyrodiil

1 Like

Destiny 1 Shaders. Love that shader system basically a color pallete swap for all your gear.

World of Final Fantasy Transmorphing. Basically being able to change your race with allied races at the barber. Or at least if they are similar species. Dranei-Lightforged. Maghar/green orcs etc. Although I would love swapping race at the barbershop like we can swap genders so I can try out other animations.

Star Ocean Till The End of Time crafting system for solo progression. Basically recruiting followers to craft stuff for you and create ultimate weapons and foods for solo play. Think Garrison followers but for crafting.

Destiny exotics.

Basically legendaries as we know it. Much like Legion. But it can drop from.any content or be crafted, or have specific requirements. Instead of crafting.

Account wide bank - Destiny

You can put some leveling gear and weapons in your bank that alts can use while leveling. Even Exotics

FF14. Anyone can learn any class by visiting a trainer. Basically in WoW it would be being able to learm all the 36 specs in the game.

FF12. Mob farming the same species increases the likelyhood of rare/unique/epic drops with chain killing. I thought that was a fun way of farming gil and crafting reagents. It would be a nice alternate gold farm mechanic for world content.

FF7 Cerberus - Basically customizing your weapons to your playstle. Lots of guns games let you customize your guns with scopes and equipment etc. Would be cool to have mini talent trees for weapons and get bonuses for how long you use a weapon. And it could be like raising its ilvl eventually too (for pve only).

2 Likes

swtors branching narratives in wow

3 Likes

A fully developed housing system like Wildstar, Star Wars Galaxies etc

or

More side content like mini games etc. Golden Bazaar FF14, Naruni Races Lost ark, things like that. Needs to be more fun & goofy stuff. They could easily do a mario kart style racing game that would be so much fun.

5 Likes

Body sliders

4 Likes

More character power options from disgaea like leveling weapon skill, leveling weapons, leveling your character and then resetting for ng+ levels, leveling your armor, leveling your skills, leveling your alts for minor stat increases, and leveling your items stat boosters.

1 Like

rift’s soul trees and costume capabilities.

Yea it is cool how Blizz is actually kind of on track a lot more than people think. A live chat between me and Blizz over a decade ago said they only had a few more expacs planned, they gave the exact number of expacs taht were planned. And it seems like things are going to plan more than people think. He said they had 5 more already planned after WoTLK for sure with a possibility with more after that. None of what we are getting is forced,unplanned lore like so many people are saying. This stuff was thought out a decade and a half ago. The only thing he did not mention were the Classics coming out which he actually said was not possible as the old world had been destroyed by the Cataclysm. He said when MMOs do that, it is to reset/restart the MMO after a bunch of the team left.

So according to him, we were supposed to have exactly what was are getting right now. All that we are playing right now has been planned for. As in FF when they decided to reset…a dragon destroyed the entire world.

And when Blizzard decided to reset…a dragon destroyed the world.

A lot of the dev team left Blizzard. Some left and simply retired, another group has split off and are looking at making RTS games, but have stated they will never make another MMO.

There have been a couple of other MMOs where a dragon destroyed the world. It seems to be a common theme with fantasy MMOs. Deathwing was our reset. After Wrath a lot of the dev team left Blizzard. They actually are on track for the order of the expacs coming out. Blizzard plans ahead decades into the future.

They originally wanted to have expac called The Emerald Nightmare, but that only became a raid. They had already planned everything up to WoW8 even back before TBC was finished. Some are now theorizing that Classic Wrath will end the same time DF will end and that will give us another reset where are Classic and retail will merge and it will be a different game after WoTLK Classic. No need for a Cata classic as the game that existed then exists now apart from the level scrunching.

Tuskarr and Taunka were both supposed to come in after WoTLk ended as playable races. Taunkas have warriors, hunters and shamans
Tuskarr have warrior, rogue and mages.

Just a few…

Player and guild housing. (FFXIV, ESO)

2h + shield spec for paladins, preferably dps role. (Diablo 3)

Classes not being locked to specific races (FFXIV, ESO) (Also they said they’re slowly working to that point already)

5 Likes

i want armor dye. like in diablo 3 so i can take perfect look stuff like shoulders that match my mog but the color messes it all up. i want dye like d3 so i can have perfect mog sets.

yes armor dye from d3

The gun from Turok, called “The Nuke”. Shot a beam of energy that produced a small(ish) atomic explosion wherever it hit. Much havoc could be wreaked upon the World…of Warcraft.