Stay strong with the Mage Tower

I didn’t have a lot of faith in 9.1.5 until I saw that they will keep the weapons out of the Mage Tower. Sometimes it’s OK to have exclusive rewards for people that put in the time and effort to earn them while they are active. This just makes those appearances far more meaningful now.

75 Likes

I agree keep up the great work Blizzard!
Been nailing it on the good ideas all expac!
We don’t need a large playerbase anymore anyways!

50 Likes

Not really. The ones I have are cool, and that coolness isn’t diminished by other players having them. I don’t see why still more other players having them would have any impact at all.

76 Likes

You’re sad.

61 Likes

No, I’m happy. They are making the right decision here.

Coolness is entirely subjective, there are plenty of cool looking appearances in this game that people can use. These appearances are causing a stir simply because you can’t get them any more, that’s what makes them so special.

23 Likes

Honestly I didn’t care too much either way

On the one hand I wouldn’t mind another shot at the arcane mage weapon, or the guardian druid werebear

But on the other hand, that new mage set is amazing and I don’t care that we won’t get anymore chances at artifact appearances to have it

So I’m happy

Holy Christ do we need another thread?, we get it. You guys are worse than the ones crying about it.

30 Likes

I think it’s their cool designs and difficulty in obtaining them that makes them special. I don’t gain any enjoyment from other people missing out on them.

We’re allowed to have our own discussions. Just stay out of it if you’re not interested.

15 Likes

You weirdos and your obsession over virtual cosmetics that weren’t even hard to get is legitimately pathetic. They aren’t coming back, we don’t need 5000 threads repeating something we already know. I’m actually going to burst out laughing if they decide to implement them in the future.

17 Likes

I really hope for the we revisited your feedback regarding the werebear and now every spec can get a new recolor of the mage tower appearance who matches the new transmog reward.

It will be the best move.

14 Likes

I’d quit if they lied and went back on their word about those weapon appearances.

There’s thousands of other appearances. There’s nothing wrong with letting 0.1% of them be exclusive to people who worked to get them.

It is for others. I took 100+ attempts at the frost mage one even though I sucked at frost mage. I brandish that with pride that I overcame that and have that look to show that.

If you make it so anyone can get it, my attempts mean nothing when some random player just scoops it up.

It loses significance for many. Maybe not you, but for others.

18 Likes

Fairly certain their are more crying about it. Only few giving Blizzard props for it and I think it’s good to give them some positive feedback.

So… like the one’s crying about not getting a few cosmetics when there’s many other choices?

Does the word “hypocrite” mean anything to you, sir?

18 Likes

It’d be hilarious to see them add the weapons in 9.2.

3 Likes

So exclusive I’ve never seen someone with the flail. What’s the point in making it if the segment of players that use it is still small it’s basically non-existent?

10 Likes

I see it constantly. My warrior friend dual wields them.

More of the paladin flail though.

Rare = head turning

When everyone used Judgement or Bloodfang armor it lost it’s WOW factor.

Same thing.

11 Likes

To me it will be a chance to do something people said was really fun during an expansion I didn’t enjoy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less, I have my mage tower skins.

Screw over previous owners. Check. Enrage everyone that isn’t a tank druid. Check. They just fail at everything and should have brought none back.

1 Like

Totally agree here, we don’t need to keep players around.

I got my MT weapon appearance.

That reminds me, I gotta dust that turkey off and use it so people know I have it.

I think I’m the only Survival Hunter on my server with it and don’t even use it, I’m special lol.

My point though was that other players already have it. Thousands upon thousands of other random players. Has that fact diminished their significance for you already? What difference would it make if they added more to that pile of random people? Hell, it wouldn’t even be the same pile if they were to grant everyone the same perk as guardian druids by giving an exclusive recolour only.

Despite how it sounds, I’m not actually a fierce advocate for them to come back. At least not for the sake of giving others a shot at them. I got the werebear and the flails (the most important ones!), plus a few other choice ones back in the day. I’m genuinely neutral about the issue. My biggest disappointment about it is it means less stuff to do. One reward per class instead of one per spec means literally a third of the content to do. I can do one mage challenge and ignore the other two. Hell, on my druid I can just do the guardian one and ignore the other three! That just kind of sucks. I like having goals to shoot for.

7 Likes