Stay Classy Achievement Bugged?

My guild had more progress on these achievements before the patch hit yesterday 3/12/19. I know we only needed Hunter on Tauren and Belfs. We only needed rogue and shaman for Trolls. Now several of the stay classy achievements have removed quite a few of the classes we already had credit for? Has anyone else noticed this? Will this be reverted to give us credit again? Will I be reimbursed for the money I spent on race changes since we no longer have credit for several of the race/class max level progress?

1 Like

Same thing happend to my guild. All of a sudden we need nine more classes that we had completed most of which I had done using race changes/server transfers as well. I had planned for the final race for that ckass with the perfect name.

I went back and found the classes that were reset were completed when the max level required was 110 before they raised it to 120 back in June/July. Four of those toons are still in the same slots owned by my guild leader and the other five were race changes on my toons. I think the changes to the Classy Pandaran that they made for this patch reset those completed classes.

Night before the 8.1.5 I raised a Panda Rogue to 110 with appropriate guild rep and it checked off in the guild’s Panda Achiev. Next day, patch hits and it’s unchecked. I think it’s bugged. We also have a 120 Dwarf Shammy with maxed guild rep and it is still not checked.

We have been working on these achievements in my guild and had completed Classy Pandas a week or so ago. We had only Dwarf Rogue and Gnome Warrior left to complete the full achievement. With the change, we are down to only one completed for Dwarf and Gnome, several of whom no longer play or on break from the game. For a small guild this is not only a hardship, but a massive inconvenience. If the 8th bank tab is to be gated behind this massive achievement, progress should persist through updates. It has been 6 months since BFA launched and only now are they increasing the level requirement. This is inconsiderate and annoying to all of us working to complete guild wide achievements.

1 Like

I put in a ticket for this problem and the customer serivce rep suggested I wait until the servers reset on Tuesday or if it was a recent chanracter transfer/race change wait 72 hours for results. I will wait until Tuesday, if this does not get resolved I may need to rethink my choices of “live services” and what in-game achievements I spend my gold, my money and my time on.

My contact with Blizzard support has always been pleasant, this time is no exception. As it was explained to me the Game Masters have no ability to alter what the developers have put into place. Our recourse it seems is to post here about our experience with the Classy Achievement for guild and show that the impact of the change that occurred with this patch on Tuesday has set many of us back in our progress towards the guild classy achievement and, subsequently, the 8th guild tab that is still locked behind this achievement. For a small guild, this achievement will not come easy and our work towards it was noted on Monday and gone Tuesday. It would be an understatement to say that we are annoyed by it. I have guildies that have spent money to realm transfer, race change, and level alts all in our shared interest to get this achievement completed. Taking away our progress is disappointing.

I will make the offer to take some of my 120 characters and join anyone’s guild that has experienced this problem since it looks like we might be on our own. My toons are on the Trollbane/Malfurion servers. Let me know the guild and classes needed.

These are races and classes we need below.
Classy Orcs *Hunter *Monk *Shaman
Classy Trolls *Mage *Monk

This is really a stupid change on Blizzard’s part. We made a big push in Legion, spending IRL money for race changes and realm transfers. For Blizzard to make this change now after prior expansions’ progress hadn’t been wiped out is a slap in the face to all of those people who have gone the extra mile in our guild to get these characters leveled. Way to go dev team.

1 Like

This just happened to my guild. Had hoped to come here and find a solution… So I guess we just have to start over again??? How fair is that especially when we are a small family guild in the fist place???

My guild is experiencing issues with this achievement as well. We’re trying to find things to do during the wait for Shadowlands and many of us have made alts to level for progress to this. Problem is, it doesn’t seem to be updating or tracking progress AT ALL.

There are some characters that satisfy the requirements that have been max level for at least a year, and they don’t warrant the green check mark.

There have been fresh characters made during pre-expansion patch, some boosted, some leveled naturally that satisfy the requirements, and they don’t seem to warrant the green check mark.

It’s really quite frustrating to see time, effort, and boosts by many members of the guild specifically to satisfy a requirement not be tracked by the achievement. My GM got a kinda non-answer answer from the ticket she put in, so here’s my part to try to get some attention on this matter. Or at least a clearer idea of what’s going on.

i know my guild is having the same issue but this is my oppinion on what i believe is happening

for not having the ones for the characters done before prepatch
When the classy achievements get updated it looks at all classy achievements not finished and checks the characters so even though you were 120 last month your not max level now and if for instance all the stay classy humans werent done then when it was rechecked the characters arent max level so dont get counter

2nd point is even though we can only hit 50 right now the max level is still showing as 60 so no new characters can be counted to that

This is incredibly disappointing. All of my recent leveling efforts wasted. A shame their bug squashing doesn’t include fixing broken achievements.

oddly enough, about a week after making this post I checked later and all of my toons that met requirements towards the achievement now count. Seems that some of my other guildmates’ toons now count as well. But there are some toons that should count in the guild that are not getting proper credit.

I wonder if there’s something broken on the interface of the individual character’s achievement tracker with the guild achievement tracker? Without knowing how exactly these things are coded, I’m kinda just blackbox guessing at how the sausage is being made, lol

I submitted a ticket on this and got the following response:

Looks like we’re concerned with the Stay Classy guild achievement. Let’s try clearing that up.

https://support.blizzard.com/article/000149397

This has been the case for every prepatch of a new expansion. Any achievements requiring hitting max level can’t be earned during the brief prepatch period. It is intended, so unfortunately we aren’t able to manually step in.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us today. I hope this clears everything up for you, despite the less than stellar news. Take Care. And have a wonderful day.

Well that is a fascinating response then, because my guild just got credit for “classy gnomes” this Tuesday after reset, when the player logged into their level 50 gnome rogue.

I was coming here to say, it seems like it’s working - it just seems like the achievement doesn’t check the status of whether or not a character fulfills the requirements until they relog, or (what I strongly suspect) relog after a weekly reset.

I don’t know how long it’s going to last - I would speculate until the pre-launch event, but that’s a guess, - but I can say for sure it was working on Tuesday (Nov 3rd, 2020) : )

My guild has also had the same problems with these achievements. I understand if this is intended for the prepatch period for toons which hadn’t already reached max level prior to the patch, however we have lost credit for characters who were max level well before the patch.

At the same time, it isn’t like we lost credit for every race entirely if they all weren’t max level when the patch hit. For Night Elf, we had several classes still checked, but Druids weren’t checked, and two of our guildies have Night Elf Druid mains and they are almost always among the first to max out in each expansion.

We have also noticed that we will gain and lose credit randomly. For Humans, the only classes we were missing prior to the patch were Hunter and Death Knight. After the patch we lost Warrior, Mage, and Warlock. Since then, the Hunter hit max level and got the guild rep needed, and it still showed missing. Now it shows everything except the Death Knight, which is accurate.

It’s all very random.